MCC is Dead

So this Vid here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NRPwOZgxs, isa bit of a rant but I think it makes a few good points.

I live in New Zealand and the match making is still broken. Not because its doesn't work right but because there's only rare certain times you can actually find a match and finding servers outside of Australasian area does not work because of the connection. So whats the point of making a new relic map when I bet you there's a lot of casual players out there that don't know the games been fixed or are trying to sell their games on? Whats the point of a ranking system when there's not enough players for it to work!?

But don't get me wrong, the campaign is still amazing, I'm still able to sit down with some mates and play a few 1v1 or 2v2 matches and I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that 343i was forced to use that crap cloud based match making system.

So thank you 343 but you still got some work to do.

• 3 weeks later...

thank you 343? man you gotta step it up. 343 is who made this mess, not anyone else. They took your money and ran away with it. Now their just slowly phasing this out as it slowly goes away. 
If the world was just somebody would have been sued by now. This is just my 2 cents, my opinion. I hope the mods dont remove this post or ban me for my use of free speech.

It's just like any other FPS title. Destiny's player based has dropped drastically since launch and yet it still get updates and more DLC. Same went for CoD Ghosts, the player count dropped not 3 months after launch but just like MCC there's still enough people to play online with. They're probably hoping that when they finish the ODST remaster and more DLC maps, it will bring a large amount of the players back. Just like the Dark Below did for Destiny. Yes MCC shipped with a huge amount of bugs and features missing that they knew should have been in there day one but, they made a mistake and they definitely paid the price for it. But, if ODST and Relic aren't out by the time Halo 5 or the new Spartan Strike game, I doubt much if any people return to MCC. I will for the achievements and that's it.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys do not understand how much it takes to do what you want. It can take months. Only a small group of people are working on the Collection, and with all the demand, like now, it's only going to constrain, rather than speed up the process.

I know you're growing impatient and I share your love for the Halo franchise, but we need to live with what we have. Living in America, the time to find a match is still pretty annoying. I can't even imagine New Zealand. Besides, 343 is working as hard as possible. They did not run away with our money, they're just being efficient. Not only would rushing them nerf the quality of the updates, but it would also severely impact Halo 5. Games have had hate because they were "rushed" due to time constraints and demand and business and all that jazz. ;)

• Like 1

^

What would you rather want. :)

Two good games?

Or one good game and one broken game?

That's the point.

Scenario 1 Hire more people without taking away from the Halo 5 staff.

Scenario 2  Delay Halo 5 while part of 343 is moved to the Mcc unit to fix the game.

^

So you would rather Mcc most likely not even being 99 percent fix by Halo 5's launch? :)

Mcc is flop and the only way to salvage it is to delay Halo 5.

"Might as well tell the hundreds of rage topics posted on here ever since Halo 4 came out"

What raging topics?

But if you don't like scenario 2 tell that to hundreds of "Mcc is broke threads here"

^

Shouldn't have bought the biggest release offering multiplayer across the world and not expect glitches.

That's why people play All campaigns, All Playlists, All Spartan Ops, and forge. Multiplayer will not kill you.

If people want to play Halo: Combat Evolved, or Halo 2, good for them. 

Delaying Halo 5 is not a good idea, 10/27 is prime time for sales and exclusives, and that's all Microsoft cares about.

I'm not the CEO or Frank O'Connor, but neither of them have control over when to do what. Neither does the fan base.

MCC is not 90% broken. Reason it was made in the first place was for the campaign and nostalgic "aww I miss this" reasons.

:D

^^

343 were too ambitious that why MCC failed. :)

So what you're saying is.... We should expect big games to be broken?!
I am pretty sure Oblivion and Skyrim launched in better states that Mcc and that's shameful!

Besides Muilplayer is what keeps people playing Halo after they have finished the Campaigns so the longevity is gone.

And why would someone use Forge for when Forge and customs are downright broken.

Mcc is a flop and 343 should delay Halo 5 to fix it and claim responsibility for its failure.

I didn't say Mcc was 90 percent broken I posted.

"So you would rather Mcc most likely not even being 99 percent fixed by Halo 5's launch"

I'm pretty sure at this point where we are at, they won't take away from Halo 5's team to fix MCC. So for that scenario I'd rather not see 400 Halo 5 is Borken posts come late October adding to the MCC is Borken posts right now.

As for hiring more, I think slowly but surely MCC is coming around with what they have now. Except for those Aussies, sorry Azaxx. Ranks are coming in now soon, and the game is pretty good in terms of stability in search times for most. Hiring more would probably just be a waste of money, and that's not just in M$ eyes. I think that would be a waste of money with it's condition right now.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again, Halo 5 is going to be the end all be all for Halo. After Halo 4, like it or not, there's much ground to make up. How much of this ground is permanently lost is beyond me, but there have been clear cut losses. Halo 5 has all the bets placed on the table, and probably like 343, my focus and hopes are more placed on it. They have deadlines, and I bet they wish they could push the game back too. Microsoft makes these deadlines, and 343 must abide. These Deadlines are the reason MCC shipped out in it's sorry state in the first place, and if they don't use the majority of their time on their newest game, you could possibly see some sort of a repeat.

I'm not saying they should drop all of MCC and never look at it again, they've already shown improvements, and the games obviously WAY WAY better than when it launched. However, they're not going to go to the extremes you're talking about to get there Caboose. It's not the #1 priority. It's a shame MCC came out the way it did, but at some point you can't dwell on it, especially while Big Boss Man taps his finger on the watch. Halo 5 has much of a chance as being delayed as a Snowball has a chance in hell.

• Like 1

^^

343 were too ambitious that why MCC failed. :)

So what you're saying is.... We should expect big games to be broken?!

I am pretty sure Oblivion and Skyrim launched in better states that Mcc and that's shameful!

Besides Muilplayer is what keeps people playing Halo after they have finished the Campaigns so the longevity is gone.

And why would someone use Forge for when Forge and customs are downright broken.

Mcc is a flop and 343 should delay Halo 5 to fix it and claim responsibility for its failure.

I didn't say Mcc was 90 percent broken I posted.

"So you would rather Mcc most likely not even being 99 percent fixed by Halo 5's launch"

I never said big games that are broken should stay broken (I posted.) It's a matter of bad timing and sloppy work, releasing Master Chief Collection even when they were still working on Halo 5 back in December. Delaying Halo 5 would only make a lot of unnecessary emotions fly everywhere.

Maybe people shouldn't play the campaigns on Easy, if you're worried about longevity. 

"And why would someone use Forge for when Forge and customs are downright broken."

Simple. I would. I happen to think Forge is fun itself.  I don't need another's opinion to have fun.

343 has themselves in a clutch.  Their reputation, or what's left, depends on Halo 5. All this Hunt The Truth hype has them either "This game better be good." or "Come back here and fix this."

One will mess up the other. Noone says that 343 will go back to fix MCC after Halo 5. Or even over the summer. 

Okay.

Life doesn't work that way. 

:D

^ and Fixing Mcc would make a lot of happy emotions fly everywhere!

So you're forging an never doing anything else with the maps? WUT..... biggrin.png

You forge to make maps that you and other people can play, not just for you and only you to look at.

"Maybe people shouldn't play the Campaigns on easy"

I played the Halo 4 Campaign on legendary in a day, Halo campaigns are not that long, you cannot expect that kind of campaigns replayabilty to be its longevity point because it is Muilplayer is and right now Muilplayer is broken!

and finally you post "One will mess up the other. Noone says that 343 will go back to fix MCC after Halo 5. Or even over the summer."

So just because of bad timing I'm supposed to accept its okay to release a game completely broken and even now is still broken in a lot of aspects...

^ and Fixing Mcc would make a lot of happy emotions fly everywhere!

So you're forging an never doing anything else with the maps? WUT..... biggrin.png

You forge to make maps that you and other people can play, not just for you and only you to look at.

"Maybe people shouldn't play the Campaigns on easy"

I played the Halo 4 Campaign on legendary in a day, Halo campaigns are not that long, you cannot expect that kind of campaigns replayabilty to be its longevity point because it is Muilplayer is and right now Muilplayer is broken!

and finally you post "One will mess up the other. Noone says that 343 will go back to fix MCC after Halo 5. Or even over the summer."

So just because of bad timing I'm supposed to accept its okay to release a game completely broken and even now is still broken in a lot of aspects...

I guess I'm a bit of a weirdo then.

• Like 1

^

What would you rather want. :)

Two good games?

Or one good game and one broken game?

That's the point.

Scenario 1 Hire more people without taking away from the Halo 5 staff.

Scenario 2  Delay Halo 5 while part of 343 is moved to the Mcc unit to fix the game.

Caboose, you do realize the people working on H5 is 343 for the most part? The people working on MCC is a little few workers of 343 and 3rd Parties along side them. 343 is in charge of the servers, that's about it. Only a few minor things need adjusted, hence why 3rd Parties are there to help. Halo MCC was literally not MCC's fault for anything but Matchmaking. If you can't find a match, play customs with friends. Simple. It's not like you're going to get better at Halo playing Matchmaking anyways. The UI's are terrible for that. You're only going to get better at adjusting. That's it.

On a side note, Halo 5 can't be delayed. They're pretty much not allowed to do it.