Halo Anniverary adding 'Analyze Mode with Kinect' [UPDATE]

John-117

Yes, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is getting Kinect functionality -- but you knew that already. Despite a bit of news escaping Tokyo Game Show earlier this year about what the functionality entails, we were promised a fuller reveal "this October." And here we are: 343 Industries reps told Halo panel attendees tonight at NY Comic Con that the game will include a variety of new Kinect features, such as analyzing world items.

When in Anniversary mode (read: fancy new graphics mode), players can use Kinect voice commands to "Analyze" various enemies, which will then add said enemies into a readable in-game database ("The Library" -- no, not that Library). What's more, you can also shout "grenade!" and, well, Master Chief will totally throw a grenade. "Reload weapon!" does ... you get the idea. A video showcasing the additions was shown off and we'll have it up for you as soon as possible. It'll arrive in fuller form on Halo Waypoint this coming Monday.

Analyze Mode is only available with Kinect, 343 says, and won't work if you've only got a controller. Sorry folks!

[via Joystiq]

I now have a video for it:

[media='']

[/media]

Nice to seea fresh feature added. Although I have to assume that it is not 343i that added the Kinect feature, but rather Saber Interactive. I ran across a interview with Saber Interactive's CEO Matthew Karch regarding future consoles. In the article he talks a lot about Halo CEA and the fact that his team at SI, is heading up the campaign for it. Have a look here...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/321907/featuresxbox-720-will-do-phenomenal-things-id-be-shocked-if-it-isnt-out-first/

To my knowledge this is the first actual published piece that right out states that CEA is not a direct and sole MSG project. It's been guessed for a while now that 343i and MSG are not the only ones working on it, seeing as how much of the team is busy with H4 development.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very leery of having Kinect being use on HCEA. It always seems that the voice and play of players using the system in other online games is out of sinc.Just my opinion.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how well it'll turn out. I'm thinking it will be at least interesting.