What are your feelings on Zero Bloom?

Substandard IQ

I don't know what you're talking about, but Reach is Halo. What you call "bloom" has been in every Halo title since Halo: CE. So what have you learned?

Reach is Halo.

"Bloom" is Halo.

uhh no bloom has always been on automatic weapons, never on precision weapons like the br or magnum, those had no bloom but had a slower set firing rate, the br did have a bullet spread introduced in halo 3 but the spread never got bigger it just randomized the line of travel for each bullet within the reticule space. Bloom doesnt work in a game with such slow kill times compared to other games like cod and battlefield, it was poorly implemented, and yes there is skill with no bloom you must still track and outstrafe your target, havent you ever been out BRed in h2/h3,the only real skill that bloom added was a way to practice patients and wait for your bloom to reduce while your noob opponent spams the heck out of his gun and still gets a random headshot, the law of logic and math say that if he spams enough rounds at least one will achieve a headshot before you have time to take your last shot

What all you guys are saying is total BS. How does spamming the trigger occur only when bloom is present. By adding bloom, bungie prevented trigger spamming by making it less effective. Bloom makes your weapon act like a real gun would (recoil from a shot throws you out of alignment a little).

What is wrong with you noobs, do you have a 3 years old's comprehension of physics or something!!!???

realism has no place in halo its set centuries in the future, also who care how real it is the formula has always worked and history shows that mosr often than not of you change a working formula it doesnt come out as good as before. and if you want to talk realism than i seriously doubt a super soldier who can flip tanks and cars and rip turrets from there mounts with ease,would have trouble keeping weapon recoil under control

"uhh no bloom has always been on automatic weapons, never on precision weapons like the br or magnum"

"those had no bloom but had a slower set firing rate"

"the br did have a bullet spread introduced in halo 3 but the spread never got bigger it just randomized the line of travel for each bullet within the reticule space"

I'm not going to bother with the rest of what you said, because I said nothing related to skill in the post you quoted. Bullet spread has been on weapons like the BR and Magnum, regardless of what Halo game you played. (Apart from Wars) It may not have been as big as it is in Reach, but it was still there.

I'm not going to bother with the rest of what you said, because I said nothing related to skill in the post you quoted. Bullet spread has been on weapons like the BR and Magnum, regardless of what Halo game you played. (Apart from Wars) It may not have been as big as it is in Reach, but it was still there.

the post wasn't all directed towards you and just to clarify bullet spread and reticle bloom are two different things that work on two completely separate engines

uhh no bloom has always been on automatic weapons, never on precision weapons like the br or magnum, those had no bloom but had a slower set firing rate, the br did have a bullet spread introduced in halo 3 but the spread never got bigger it just randomized the line of travel for each bullet within the reticule space. Bloom doesnt work in a game with such slow kill times compared to other games like cod and battlefield, it was poorly implemented, and yes there is skill with no bloom you must still track and outstrafe your target, havent you ever been out BRed in h2/h3,the only real skill that bloom added was a way to practice patients and wait for your bloom to reduce while your noob opponent spams the heck out of his gun and still gets a random headshot, the law of logic and math say that if he spams enough rounds at least one will achieve a headshot before you have time to take your last shot

EX, your statements about spread, when they were introduced and the fact that 2 seperate engines control weapon firing is completely wrong......where to start....

1. The magnum in H1 had firing spread. In fact, it is the only Halo weapon to date to have a firing spread that went beyond the confines of the aiming reticule.

2. The BR in halo 2 and Halo 3 both had firing spread. If it pleases you, I can post relevant extracted tag data to show you the value fields. It was not randomized vector that the projectile took, but a precisley calculate restraint error vector and error change. Their was no middle compromise....

3. FIRING SPREAD HAS ALWAYS BEEN ON EVRY HALO WEAPON..with the exception of the sniper rifles for obvious reasons.

4. Outstrafing your opponent in Reach does not yield the same results as previous Halo titles. The projectile spead has been increased on precision weapons to simulate "hitscan" type of collision detection responses. Becasue of this, every precision weapon fires similar to the BR, and thus required a larger firing spread to balance it out. Plus let's not forget that weapons like the BR, dealt 3 seperate round bursts, that each had it's own damage modifier and response.

Basically the only REAL issue anyone has with Reach, is that the beloved human precision weapon, the DMR, did not function like the BR from previously overplayed Halo 3. Sorry Reach doesn't have a precision wepaon you can spam the heck out of without sacraficing accuracy. To be quite honest, everyone needs to go back and play Halo 1. If the H1 magnum had the same exact damage modifier as the Reach BR, you would have had people complaining about the same thing with it's accuracy. Simply put, to get a straight out even 3 shot kill in Halo 1 took patience to pace your shots just right so you could kill the opponent in those 3 to 4 shots instead of laying down rapid fire in hopes to hit the head dead on.

But more over to the point, Zero Bloom playlist feels to me, like a Battle Rifle spam fest. What I liked about the weapon mechanics and firing spread in Reach, is that it gave old school gamers of the franchise, something fresh and different. It's a shame those people could not get past the previous titles execution, and adapt to change. Just my opinion though.

Oh, and hi Serene!

• Like 2

I think that no bloom at all is rather useless and yes does create some form of spam fest. Although bloom in itself doesnt really feel like halo...... I think some of the playlists with bloom are a little more skilled and that you have to aim and pace your shots to get the kill before your opponent.

I'm on the other side of the spectrum on this. I stopped playing Halo: reach because of the bloom system. They didn't get it right. I only started playing again because I heard they were dropping the bloom. I feel like people who actually know how to aim can excel now. With the bloom players with less dexterity would be able to win. Now you can tell who actually has good aim.

thats a bad argument considering aiming with a controller is obnoxious as it is....throw in the slight autoaim that you get regardless of bloom and your argument is moot

EX, your statements about spread, when they were introduced and the fact that 2 seperate engines control weapon firing is completely wrong......where to start....

1. The magnum in H1 had firing spread. In fact, it is the only Halo weapon to date to have a firing spread that went beyond the confines of the aiming reticule.

2. The BR in halo 2 and Halo 3 both had firing spread. If it pleases you, I can post relevant extracted tag data to show you the value fields. It was not randomized vector that the projectile took, but a precisley calculate restraint error vector and error change. Their was no middle compromise....

3. FIRING SPREAD HAS ALWAYS BEEN ON EVRY HALO WEAPON..with the exception of the sniper rifles for obvious reasons.

4. Outstrafing your opponent in Reach does not yield the same results as previous Halo titles. The projectile spead has been increased on precision weapons to simulate "hitscan" type of collision detection responses. Becasue of this, every precision weapon fires similar to the BR, and thus required a larger firing spread to balance it out. Plus let's not forget that weapons like the BR, dealt 3 seperate round bursts, that each had it's own damage modifier and response.

Basically the only REAL issue anyone has with Reach, is that the beloved human precision weapon, the DMR, did not function like the BR from previously overplayed Halo 3. Sorry Reach doesn't have a precision wepaon you can spam the heck out of without sacraficing accuracy. To be quite honest, everyone needs to go back and play Halo 1. If the H1 magnum had the same exact damage modifier as the Reach BR, you would have had people complaining about the same thing with it's accuracy. Simply put, to get a straight out even 3 shot kill in Halo 1 took patience to pace your shots just right so you could kill the opponent in those 3 to 4 shots instead of laying down rapid fire in hopes to hit the head dead on.

But more over to the point, Zero Bloom playlist feels to me, like a Battle Rifle spam fest. What I liked about the weapon mechanics and firing spread in Reach, is that it gave old school gamers of the franchise, something fresh and different. It's a shame those people could not get past the previous titles execution, and adapt to change. Just my opinion though.

Oh, and hi Serene!

i agree with you 1000%

Obviously you've never played Halo then. You're just a Reach scrub. Halo is firing as fast as your gun allows with perfect aim. CoD is holding the trigger and spraying. Learn your facts kid.

not what he meant....he meant the guns on call of duty shoot in an obnoxious straight line. he likes it better when you have to fight a little with your gun to hit your target while rapid firing. but zero spread makes it more like call of duty....i agree the almost straight line BR streams worked in halo 2 and 3.....but reach was not designed with that in mind...it was designed to be different then the old halo's but you people just want more and more of the same......for shame =(