Share your Bionicle collection

Connor Kenway

So with the Re-awakening of Bionicle confirmed for next year I thought it'd be interesting to show off your collection you can include pics if you like, I won't though since all of mine are in boxes so I'll just do the list and split them by the year.

Lewa

Levahk

Tahnok

Nuhvok

Kopaka Nuva

Gali Nuva

Onua Nuva

Guurahk

Kopeke

Takanuva

Vakama

Nokama

Nuju

Nuurakh

Bordakh

Vorzakh

Zadakh 

Rorzakh

Toa Lhikan and Kikanalo 

Gaaki

Norik

Pouks

Kualus

Bomonga

Iruini

Hordika Vakama

Hordika Nokama

Hordika Whenua

Hordika Matau

Hordika Nuju

Balta

Kazi

Piruk

Garan

Velika

Dalu

Hakann

Vezok

Avak

Zaktan

Toa Matoro

Toa Nuparu

Toa Kongu

Brutaka

Defilak

Dekar

Pridak

Nocturn

Mahri Kongu 

Mahri Matoro 

Mahri Jaller 

Lesovikk 

Tanma

Solek

Radiak

Gavla

Lewa Nuva

Kopaka Nuva

Onua Nuva

Tahu Nuva

Mutran and Vican

None I just didn't like this year at all

Takanuva

Tahu 

Piraka

Rahkshi

Gresh 

Skrall

Edited by Mereel
  • Like 1

That is a huge collection. I was not so fortunate in that regard. All my sets were taken apart in one horrible attempt at an MOC. Before I could restore them, through a combination of bad luck and my little brother's carelessness, the pieces were scattered, and some were broken entirely.

Back when I did have sets, they were few.

Jaller

Nuparu

Axonn

Gorast

The sad part is, I never intended to get Gorast. I bought Takanuva, but due to a shipping error got Gorast instead, and they refused to give me a refund or allow me to trade it back in. To make matters worse, Gorast was my least favorite Mistika to begin with. Had it been a character I liked, I wouldn't have minded as much.

This time around I intend to get Tahu '15, and a bad guy for him to face off with. Never had much money for toys, but it would be a shame to get no Bionicle sets whatsoever.

That's a nice set to have, rrhuntington. I think it's only right that you learn something about him, maybe become a little less confused.

His name is Vakama. The story arc this set is from, as with the arc before it, is a prequel arc. In the present, he is the Turaga of Fire, an elder who provided wisdom and guidance for the village. Turaga are what Toa become when they give up their power for some purpose, in his case to awaken scores of comatose Matoran, the average inhabitants of the Bionicle universe, instantly.

Naturally, this means he had to have been a Toa at some point, and so he was. What are Toa? Protectors of the Matoran who have elemental powers. And so he was a Toa of Fire, in the arc preceding the one this set is from. Due to a complicated series of events, at the beginning of this story arc, he and his team were mutated into Toa Hordika, half-beast versions of themselves. They lost their elemental powers almost entirely, only able to fire explosions of their element using their Rhotuka spinners, though Vakama was the only one fortunate enough to also get weapons that used his element.

Rhotuka are those spinny things on their backs that you launched with that ripcord. Obviously, in the story there was no ripcord, but for the toy to launch it you needed one. Anyway, due to their bestial instincts, they had to fight against their darkest urges as well as the Visorak horde (this I will not explain in detail, just know that it was the bad guys for that story arc). Vakama actually gave in to these urges as a result of having the most stress, and so defected to the enemy side up until the end, where one of his friends reminded him what he fought for and got him back.

Eventually they were returned to their former selves. So there's the simple version. Now you know, to a limited degree, what that red guy standing on your shelf is.

• Like 1

Meh, why not.

Spark

Pohatu

Gali

Tarakava

Muaka & Kane-Ra

Nui Rama

Master Building Kit

Manas

Lehvak (x2)

Pahrak