No Love For Snipers

Get Coopd On

Team Snipers Playlist  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tired of playing the same six maps repeatedly in Team Snipers?

• Yes, I would like to see some new maps added.
    • Eh, I don't play enough to care.
    • No, I love the playlist the way it is.
  2. 2. What maps would you like to play in snipes?

I just made an account here on 343 industries website (duh), and I immediately go to the Halo: Reach section of the forums and low and behold I scroll through and don't see any topics about Team Snipers.

Ah yes, Team Snipers. The playlist that hasn't seen a change since Pinnacle was taken out half-a-year ago.

So what are the 343 industry members doing in those cubicals or offices or whatever they have?

Do they just have too many things to do in too little time?...Do they just not care about Team Snipers perhaps because they lack the skill to use a sniper?

"We" have been asking these questions with nary a response and I would love to know...when are playlist changes going to be made?

Answer the polls above and maybe if we rack up some numbers our voice will be heard. smile.gif

Also where is the sense of fun in the Halo community. There is no fun or interesting games that someone created for the Team Snipers playlist. It's just 'Team Snipers' and 'Snipers Pro'.

Why not add a gametype where players spawn with two sticky grenades instead of a frag. Call it Sticky Snipers smile.gif That would be fun and interesting.

I swear if I could devote all my time to making Snipers the best playlist in the game I would. So why doesn't someone in the industry who could actually make a difference feel the same?

Edit: It's Team Snipers. Not Team Sniper-Slayer. So why don't we have objective in Snipes? I don't know if they ever tested it and it just didn't work out but I think it's a great idea.

• Like 2

I agree with you Coopd there needs to be some love baby. I have forged and continue to for maps for all game types. I currently have two classic sniper maps and a few others that can be used for snipers. They need to take a look at some of the existing forge maps that are already in use as well as some new ones being made just for this game type. If you or anyone else is interested, send a friend request or message to my gamer tag. Absolute Dog. I keep a pretty full list of friends, but will add as I can, and share my maps. When time permits I will put them in my file share for download.

Exactly.

People who vote for the same maps everytime because they don't like Reflection or Powerhouse or whatever adds insult to injury.

The fact that I can go into Team Slayer and instantly play maps I've never even heard of just boggles my mind. I know Snipers is one of many playlists but since it's the only one of it's kind, it needs it's own attention.

Exactly.

People who vote for the same maps everytime because they don't like Reflection or Powerhouse or whatever adds insult to injury.

The fact that I can go into Team Slayer and instantly play maps I've never even heard of just boggles my mind. I know Snipers is one of many playlists but since it's the only one of it's kind, it needs it's own attention.

agreed. i don't play it that often (because it seems i pone with the sniper when i am the only one with a sniper), but i would like to see new maps.

• Like 1

Yea even if you don't play snipes you should support this. I know so many good snipers that don't play anymore just because its boring.

I agree, People I used to be able to get to play rarely will any more because of the lack of maps and the current selection. I always felt whoever picked the maps for the playlist must not have been a big lover of snipers. There were so many of the forge maps that were better suited for it than the shipped maps.

Yea, I mean I'm not giving up on Snipes anytime soon, I got leaderboards to climb up. It'd be so nice though if they just added some maps. I guarantee it would take less than a couple days for a couple people on the coding team to test out some maps with Snipers, then add them to the playlist.

I like the idea, hopefully something will happen soon. I'd like to see Sword Base, Asylum and Zealot on Snipers. Miss bumping into Tempest or Breakpoint as well. It could use a wind of refresh for sure.

I like the idea, hopefully something will happen soon. I'd like to see Sword Base, Asylum and Zealot on Snipers. Miss bumping into Tempest or Breakpoint as well. It could use a wind of refresh for sure.

You like the idea, yet you voted that you like the playlist the way it is...Hmmmmmmmm.

Thanks for the half-support. Lol

Don't get me wrong I love Hemorrhage, but I'm burnt out on those maps so I agree with you.

Yea well Hemorrhage is a good map but it needs some minor map fixes. They could add tunnels or something so that blue-side wasn't at an automatic disadvantage. Again this is due to their lack of care in the need to fix anything in the Snipers playlist.

Half asleep mistake, corrected :)

Appreciate it :)

It must be a "very rare" choice because in my playing of four different accounts on Reach I have never once, that I recall, even had the choice.

Yea in the past 6 months i've played around 13 tempest games, 13 breakpoint games, and around 6 Highland games. (Bungie.net game history) It's not that common lol.

Appreciate it :)

Yea in the past 6 months i've played around 13 tempest games, 13 breakpoint games, and around 6 Highland games. (Bungie.net game history) It's not that common lol.

Too true and too bad, cause all are good maps for Snipers. Somehow the map packs in Reach died fast..

Too true and too bad, cause all are good maps for Snipers. Somehow the map packs in Reach died fast..

They died because the maps were not properly integrated into MM. They should have dropped directly into MM from the start, forget getting to know them. The MM system could have operated just as in H3 and not made them available to parties that had someone who did not have them. That worked fine. They could have always had a separate area for players to play just the DLC. Hind sight is 20/20, but having had a system that puts new maps into play for general MM was easy enough to do it earlier. Besides, the system infrequently offered them for Snipes, Objective and others types that would benefit by playing on them.