Ask The Director 2.0

My Xbox isn't working. I don't know why, but when I try to play a disk, it just keeps saying "Reading..." and I've tried many disks and cleanded them too but nothing works. Any ideas?

If it isn't reading any discs then it is probably an issue with the disc drive. If it is a newer Xbox you should try contacting Microsoft Support to see if you're still within warranty.

Why is it when I try to upload a pic to my gallery I get a error? :/

What kind of error do you get?

• Like 1

There are rules against me referring you to sites where you can do this, but if you google "sell my digital abstracts online" there will be a link to a site called Artsy Shark (should be the first one) that has a massive list of places where you can sell them.

Thanks! And I completely forgot about that...sorry :hope:

Why was the joke - Which came first the chicken or the egg? So popular?

Lol that's not a joke, that's a philosophical question. It goes back quite a long ways, even having Aristotle (died in 322 B.C.) give a guess as to the answer (except the query was 'what came first, the bird or the egg').

The reason it's so popular is because it is truly a 'deep question'. This causality dilemma has inspired thought for thousands of years. That's why it is such a popular question.

Interesting side-note, the answer is fairly simple thanks to Darwinism. Two birds that were not chickens laid an egg with a genetic mutation which hatched into the first chicken. Therefor, the egg came first. If you do not believe in Darwinism and instead believe in the Garden of Eden origin story, then the bird (or chicken) came first. Then another bird and they laid eggs together.

So what do I do if there's a problem with my disc drive?

You have to contact Microsoft Support by clicking here. Then find and click where you are having issues. Go through the suggested troubleshooting (in case it isn't a hardware issue) and then you'll finally get to the point where it offers a repair solution.

If you aren't in warranty, then you'll have to pay a repair fee. Should still be cheaper than buying a whole new Xbox though.

Do people ever get rich then use their buttload of cash to start riskier, innovative businesses? 

Yes, of course. Donald Trump, for instance, is known for doing just that. Trump steaks, anyone?

• Like 2

Can you believe it's not butter?

Actually I can. Back when Leonardo Favio was doing their commercials my mom got some and we ALL tasted the difference. It wasn't bad, per se, but it definitely wasn't butter.

I concur...

Also, Have you seen a TV Show called "The IT Crowd"?

Its really hilarious! But its from the UK so you wont be able to find it on TV here.

I watched a couple of episodes of it while I was working Tech Support for Apple. Definitely recommend it for tech savvy people looking for some funnies.

Are you looking forward to MGSV?

and if so what do you think about the change in Big Bosses voice actor? :)

I've never been a huge fan of the MGS series, to be honest. The first few games were awesome because they were hilarious and action packed (lolbox), but the changes they continued to make eventually drove me from the series. 

Do you watch The Walking Dead?

Have you also seen the season 6 trailer and what are your thoughts if so?

I watched the first three (maybe four) seasons of it with my wife, but it got a tad repetitive for me. So now she watches it while I play ESO or Halo or whatever else I play. 

What is the best way to make an Android/Apple app? Bcuz idk how to make one :(

You're going to need to learn some programming before you can do it, as well as how to use the iOS/Play Store dev tools and accounts. There are some courses that you can take online that can teach you how to program applications, but I haven't been able to find a free one as of yet. Once you get the knowledge down though the rest isn't all that difficult.

What can I do for a tummy ache besides taking medicine?

It depends on the type of tummy ache that you have.

If it's from overeating, laying on your side for a while will help calm your stomach down.

If it's from overheating, getting your forehead, neck, and wrists wet with cool/cold water and getting some hydration will help immensely.

If it's from indigestion (like gas), laying in the fetal position will not only help you pass said gas, but it will also allow you to relax while doing it resulting in your stomach feeling better.

If it's from nausea or motion sickness then laying down or slowly sipping peppermint water might help.

If it's from an actual illness (flu, cold, appendicitis, etc.) then I suggest taking some medication. Most of the things people do when effected by such things only work on a case by case basis.

How do Bubble Shields work? More specifically, how can players, vehicles, and pretty much any other object pass through them, but any kind of ballistics can't?

They... they don't. Not in real life. Even in Halo it isn't exactly specific on how it is supposed to function. A theory is that it allows objects moving slowly to enter and prevents objects that are moving near the speed of sound from entering, but that theory is broken when you ask how would it prevent grenades from entering.

Huge discussions about this took place when Halo 3 was released because the game didn't offer any explanations for how it was supposed to function and neither did the lore, and yet it did function in a way that didn't make any sense.

So basically the answer to your question is 'they work because they can'.

• Like 2

​Why are you like super knowledgeable in nearly everything? lol.

Well, I like to know things. Little things, big things, simple things, complex things, relevant things, and things that probably won't matter no matter how long I live. To me a day without learning something is a day wasted, and I always double or triple check the things that I've learned and in the process of doing so I sometimes learn some new things. One of the other things I like to do is teach people new things. I don't just horde the knowledge that I gain, I try my best to share it with everyone. 

• Like 3