UNSC Warlord Chapter 9

Fishy

Signing up for the story? Link is in my signature!

~Chapter 9: Lan Chorus~

Sarge screamed, “Paladin! You gotta use it now!” Paladin pulled out his equipment and activated the controls. The team was surrounded in a bubble shield. “Dumby! You're turn!” Dumby reached behind him and grabbed his equipment. He threw it at the Wraith.

Activated.

The power drain crumbled all the Jackals gauntlets and the nearby Elites lost their shields. “That was a close one, good call Commander.” Bek smiled behind her helmet. The power drain wore out and self destructed just as the drop shield disappeared.

“Well crap. Now, we're screwed.” Sarge sat down with his back against the wall.

Jack spoke up, “Anybody else hear that noise?” Everyone listened. A huge explosion came from over where the Covenant Wraith was.

“That's just the power drain I threw.” Dumby replied.

Jack peeked over the barriers. “No... No, you're power drain blew up the Wraith! We got this! We can push forward!” Jack peeked around the corner and opened fire.

“Jack! What are you doing? We need to take out those two snipers on the balcony.” Sarge scorned at him and pulled him back into cover.

Two shots were fired. Everyone looked over to where they came from.

“I guess we're allowed to open fire now?” Biggles reloaded his weapon.

“Go ahead, just keep your eye on that plasma turret. I don't think it'll spare mercy to anyone.” Sarge tossed a grenade.

Everyone opened fire. Biggles, Jack, and Bek all opened fire on the left flank. Dumby, Sarge, and Paladin opened fire on the right flank. Archangel and Fauz took the middle.

“They're too strong.” Bek withdrew from the fight and reloaded. “There's gotta be something else we can do.”

Fauz sat down and reloaded as well. “Uh... Guy's, we have an enemy Seraph coming towards us. I don't think there's anyway we can avoid fire.” The Seraph grew closer and closer at a slow pace.

“Well everyone. Was good knowing you.” Dumby stood up and fired his weapon dry. The Seraph just reached the door entry. It fired.

A couple of seconds later.

“What the hell just happened?” Sarge stood up and commanded. He watched the Seraph crash into the balcony, where the plasma cannon was placed and blow up.

“I think that Seraph may have been a rebel Covenant... Oh what do they call those again...” Bek stood there and tried to figure out the name.

“Heretics?” Jack questioned.

“Yes, those guys. Maybe he was a Heretic?” Bek responded to Sarge's question with a question.

“No, something different. Look.” Sarge pointed over at the balcony. A human shaped figure was headed towards them.

“What should we do Sarge? Hold ground until we can be sure of who that is? Or fire at will?” Paladin glanced over at Sarge, he held his rifle steady at the target.

“Go ahead, fire. Your weapons won't hurt me.” The man said as he moved closer. Paladin shot at the man's chest.

“Hold fire!” Sarge yanked the weapon out of Paladin's hands. The man walked up to them. Alex. “Oh, it's you. Glad to have you back Alex. Do you mind explaining the Seraph to me?”

Alex looked at the Sergeant. “Classified.”

Sarge rolled his eyes. “Whatever, let's get going. We have about and hour and thirty-seven minutes left. Let's not waste time.” They headed down the corridor the NAV system said to go.

They rounded a corner when they noticed there were two Elite Spec Ops and an Elite Zealot standing alone. The Zealot was issuing an order at the Spec Ops, none of them could understand what was going on or being said, except for the occasional word 'demon' being mentioned.

“Alright, I got this. Archangel and Fauz, follow me.” Sarge went invisible as well as the other two. He went over the local network, “Alright, light up your friend or foe tags. We need to make sure we know who is who.”

“Sarge, no offense or anything, but I can see your weapon. I don't think it necessary.” Fauz bluntly replied.

Sarge got a rush of anger there, but decided to not release it. Instead, he made a motion for Archangel to take out the Zealot when the others aren't aware. Sarge and Fauz go in front of the two Spec Ops. Archangel withdrew his knife making a scrape sound and jabbed it in the Zealot's neck. The two Spec Ops spun around, Sarge and Fauz jumped on their backs and stabbed them in their necks. The elites were dead.

“Nice job.” Alex said as he walked around the corner.

The team headed down the corridors towards the specified brig room. After awhile, they arrived at the entry way to the room. Sarge notified them, “Alright, our mission is almost complete with an hour and twenty-six minutes left. We need to do this now and get out of here as fast as we can. We'll hijack the nearest space phantom and return to the ship from there.” He opened the door Zen was asleep in the back cell. Sarge started to walk into the room.

“Wait!” Alex yelled at Sarge to stop. A high-ranking Elite Field Marshall walked up to them from beside the door. Without any other choice, Alex ran at the Elite with full force and pushed him into one of the other door's in the room. It locked behind them.

“Alex! No!” Bek felt her heart drop. She was tired of all this sadness and just wanted it to end. She dropped to her knees and removed her helmet. Biggles walked up to her.

“It'll be alright, Bek. Alex knows what he's doing.” He laid a hand on her shoulder and crouched to eye level. “The door may be locked, but that's still no match for Alex, just remember that the Spartan Laser he has is capable of punching through doors twice as thick.” He stood up and resided among everyone else.

Sarge quickly commanded, “Alright, everyone look for a way to get Zen out of here. We need to move, and fast. We're running out of time.” He stared at the door where Alex was. He hesitated then moved towards the control panel to search for a way to get Zen out and alive.

~Alex and the Elite~

“You will die one way or another!” Alex kept a steady hold on the trigger. The Elite dodged every bullet.

“No. You will die like the rest of your race. Weak and undisciplined.” The Elite walked up and grabbed the gun and tossed it at the Repulsor engines. “Fool.” He picked up Alex and set him on his feet. “Now fight with honor.” The Elite handed him an Energy Sword.

“Why should I?” Alex looked at him.

“If you win, I'll fight for you. If you lose, I'll terminate your team and your ship!” The Elite stared at him.

“Alright, sounds fair to me. I wouldn't mind fighting with my friend split-jaw.” Alex activated his sword.

The Elite smiled, “It's actually Lan Chorus.” The Elite swung his sword.

~End of Chapter 9~

So what do you think? Is Zen really that important or do you think it was a trap? Let me know what you think below!

• Like 5

Lots of action in this Chapter. Love it. I doubt an Elite would ever fight for a human at the year this is set. I'm sure he'd rather die. Lan Chorus? Is that meant to be the name of the Elite? Why is the use of the Seraph "Classified"? And what is meant by "I wouldn't mind fighting with my friend split-jaw.”? Great Chapter Fishy. I hope Zen was worth going for, better not be a trap. Knowing the Covenant though, it could be anything.

• Like 1

Lots of action in this Chapter. Love it. I doubt an Elite would ever fight for a human at the year this is set. I'm sure he'd rather die. Lan Chorus? Is that meant to be the name of the Elite? Why is the use of the Seraph "Classified"? And what is meant by "I wouldn't mind fighting with my friend split-jaw.”? Great Chapter Fishy. I hope Zen was worth going for, better not be a trap. Knowing the Covenant though, it could be anything.

I can't tell you everything without spoiling it, but Lan Chorus is the name of the Elite, whom is JL's character.The Seraph jacking was labeled as classified because Alex knew they were on a tight schedule and explaining would just waste time. And by.'my friend split jaw' it is meant to mock the Elite for such foolish behavior.

I can't tell you everything without spoiling it, but Lan Chorus is the name of the Elite, whom is JL's character.The Seraph jacking was labeled as classified because Alex knew they were on a tight schedule and explaining would just waste time. And by.'my friend split jaw' it is meant to mock the Elite for such foolish behavior.

Alright that explains a lot, thanks. When he said "my friend" I thought for a second that maybe they had known each other before or had a past history. Was a little confused. Hope to see Chapter 10 soon.