My Battlefield 4 experience (Review)

Unease Peanut

Hey guys!

It's that time again. Since I got great response on my previous Review on the xbox One I decided to review...

Battlefield 4!

(Xbox One edition)

Battlefield_4.jpg

Ah yes... The next game in an epic franchise. I'll be honest I'm not a grizzled Battlefield veteran since I've only played Battlefield 3 before this. But hey... now you can get a review from someone who doesn't keep reffering to 'the good ol' days'.

Let's start of with the campaign

Od4jPXv.png

This game is not known for great campaign gameplay. And now I know why.

I'll start by saying that I've not completed the entire campaign because it won't save my progress for some reason...

I don't know if this is because of the xbox One or poor design but it is most certainly very frustrating to keep starting the campaign over and over and over

and over

Much_much_later.jpg

and over and over and over an...

hqdefault.jpg

I think this pretty much sums it up.

For what I've been able to play, which I think was half way through, I've gotta hand it to them. The graphics are awesome. But besides that it was pretty mediocre. The story line in my opinion is wierd... I don't know how else to put it. Maybe I've been looking at it wrong or simply I don't understand but I don't knwo why China banned this game because their reputation was at stake.

It's a complete unrealistic situation and far fetched to say the least. 

Again, maybe I've not played it enough but this is what I think about it.

Now the mechanics like blowing up stuff is still awesome. But the AI is as dumb as a leaking tea bag. Taking cover behind a tiny fence post or sitting at the wrong side of the wall is not what I call clever.

At least it's fun running through hordes of enemies like it's no sweat.

Now onto the real battlefield!

The Multiplayer

battlefield-4-multiplayer-4.jpg

With the upped graphics of the Xbox One the multiplayes is amazing to look at. Building blowing up left and right and getting shot at from all sides makes this feel like real war.

It is all a bit overwhelming when you first step in. So many thing to see. So many customizable things!

But you'll adapt quickly, I'm sure.

Once settled down, I had a great time going all tactical. It really is much different from battlefield 3. Less arcady  in my opinion. Although the netcode is a bit frustrating from time to time...

There are a few down sides to this game though.

Like there are no player owned servers for the xbox One. I'm not sure if those are still comming but for now playing 32 vs 32 on operation Metro is a bit too much of the good thing.

Speaking of too much of a good thing, I know explosions are awesome but there are far too many. Again operation Metro is a perfect example. From the american side it is impossible the move up. Even with the new ways te get up, there is no possible way past the barricade of grenades, grenade lauchers and other explosives which can be reacuired from ammo packs with relative ease.

Another example of too much of a good thing is

Commander mode.

battlefield_4_commander_mode_app_ps4_xbo

A great new feature which can be accesed by tablet as well. Adds a bit of tactical gameplay too... If the commander commands it's troops. Which does not happen all that often sadly. Most commanders I've encountered only used tools and didn't order the troops around. I know most of 'em won't listen and do whatever they want. But there are players out there who are willing to follow.

Now another annoying little gimmick is the constant UAV's in the air. Sadly it's almost impossible to be stealthy if UAV's are a constant threat.

All in all a great feature, but Battlefield could have done without it really.

I think I'm gonna wrap up right here.

I know there is much more to be said but this review is getting too long already.

I've put up a lot of bad points and didn't really counter weight it with a lot of good points but there are just so many things to talk about. I do recommend picking up this game if you like shooters. Although it is frustrating from time to time it is still hella fun!

Thanks for reading!

And as always leave any tips in the comments!

Post edit: So yeah... appearently a couple of images went missing when I posted this. Just fixed that! (I hope)

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 5

AS someone who plays this on PC. I kind of agree.

The campaign lacked a lot of edge, and the ending was even more disappointing (not going to ruin it.)

Very good and true review P34nut, have a like.

Have a like back ;)