The future of Halo

Mothy

Halo is a very elastic franchise. Something happens, and it is sure to bounce back. Even if it takes awhile.

I'm sure when Halo 5 comes out, Halo will peak, but eventually it'll drop down and go up again after the next big release.

A never ending cycle to the death of the Franchise, which is a looong way from now. Who knows, maybe it'll never end.

To be honest, even with all the things that was wrong with Halo 4, the series will still reach for the top. 343 Industries said they learned from they're experience with Halo 4 and they will work to make the next Halo better. I think the future Halo titles will get better and better and continue to be one of the greatest game franchises ever.

The series still has at least 2 more games in it (not anniversary games). We can expect these next two with some anniversary's and maybe a second ODST or War's.

Halo still has a few years in it, and even after they stop making them people will still play for a loooooooooooooong time.

Halo 4 was a rough transition, new things so people complained. The game was actually pretty good though, Halo will be around for many years to come.

• Like 1

Everyone might support all the Halos except halo 4, but in my opinion, Halo 4 was terrific. They are summarizing up events for us all in one game just to make the next two games and their campaigns even better! Yes the multiplayer wasn't as great as expected, but the problem is everyone was so used to all the other Halo gameplay styles. Halo Reach may have made some people bewildered by the loadouts, but they were okay with it being preset by Bungie, but now that they left people don't want to give 343i a chance because they're either stubborn or dependent on Bungie. But when 343i released Halo 4 with custom loadouts, that made everyone angry. But in reality, it was just 343 trying something new. I mean every other Xbox 360 game that was fps have custom loadouts. Battlefield, Call of Duty, Gears of War, etc. It's just the players confused by the change of the game flow.

• Like 1

I think it will get better, I mean there are those that have said that Halo 4 was disappointing and what not. But, I think Halo 4 was a great game, even if the multiplayer was more quick paced than I thought. Halo 4 had an amazing Campaign, Spartan Ops was fun to play (Even though some mission were rinse and repeat, the story to it was great and it was an enjoyable experience), the menu I thought was very cool, the music in the game as always was amazing and the multiplayer was quite fun at first, in a way it's still a descent multiplayer game.

I think the multiplayer was the main thing that threw people off Halo 4 eventually, it's understandable but it's still one of the best games for Xbox. 343i has to try new ideas now that they are now in charge of the series, bringing up new ideas and implementing change is the only way to move forward and keep the game fresh.

Edited by ShockGazm

I'm not certain of anything, but I do hope three years from now we'll be looking back at Halo 4 as just a bump in the road. 

Halo is still a very popular and fun franchise, I think Halo 4 is a very fun game. But what really messed Halo 4 up was that it wasn't finished when it launched. The game was missing so many elements that it has now. I mean, if it wouldn't have been rushed I'm almost certain the boltshot wouldn't have needed fixed and the BR tuned back into it's classic 4-shot kill settings.

If 343i can simply produce Halo 5 as a complete product, I think all the hatred towards them will inevitably slow. 

It's FAR from dead, it's just in a rough situation at the moment. It's only one game (Even though I personally really like it) and everyone seems optimistic about Halo 5 and if they make an excellent game, the franchise will be completely revived. Well, Bungie fanboys will still consider it dead, but that's fanboys for ya. The true Halo fans will love 343 Industries, and they may even be just as beloved as Bungie.

• Like 1

Perhaps it already has hit it's biggest peak, but there will be another peak around Halo 5, Halo 6, they may both have peak times. Whether those peaks beat Halo 2 or Halo 3's peak is up in the air really. This is why I certainly hope Halo 5 smacks a Home run in terms of Sales and has the ability to keep it's players playing for a Loooong time. 

I do know this series has hit a rough course no doubt, but all I ever hear out of people is that Halo is the only reason they will ever buy an Xbox One. I mean after nearly 13 years of Halo, and mixed rough road bumps all over the franchise (mostly in the last 4 years), it can still sell a $500 Console on it's own? This series could survive a nuke if that's the way it goes.

However... Halo 5 will be a big revealer upon how long the series truly has left. The feedback will be tremendous, and I pray it be positive. I just don't want what happened during the week of Halo 4's release to happen again. Thinking of that scenario alone will make me anxious the day before, and after it's release. 

It's FAR from dead, it's just in a rough situation at the moment. It's only one game (Even though I personally really like it) and everyone seems optimistic about Halo 5 and if they make an excellent game, the franchise will be completely revived. Well, Bungie fanboys will still consider it dead, but that's fanboys for ya. The true Halo fans will love 343 Industries, and they may even be just as beloved as Bungie.

well i suppose that is one way to look at it  but honetsly i thought it was more of a dip or a flat zone