Titanfall beta had 2 million players

Akali

2442393-2211224427-24393.jpg

Respawn Entertainment has said that during the beta for their new game Titanfall they reached over 2 million players playing the Titanfall beta before they closed it down.

Respawn made the beta public and extended the time to February 19th but before it closed Respawn found out that over 2 million players had downloaded and played the beta of Titanfall however it has had a lot of advertisement so im guessing if it wasn't advertised as much or made public it would of had less players on the beta for Titanfall.

Respawn engineer Jon Shiring said that the Titanfall beta was also an important test for Xbox Live compute, Microsoft’s cloud computing technology. “Forza used it a little bit, but they weren't as reliant on it as we are,” he told Polygon. “The game is completely reliant on it. If it's down, nobody can play."

Shiring said that while Respawn may still find more problems at launch, the beta helped them find 10 “real things” that they worked on and fixed however there was one thing that Respawn didn't think about that lead to a leak about Titanfall. By looking into the beta files, savvy data miners managed to unearth the names of 14 potential maps that could feature in the full game.

so far this game looks like it will be a success but will it turn out to be another battlefield 4?

Source

• Like 1

Another BF4?

No.

This beta looks like a triple A title. BF4 beta looked terrible.

Can't wait. 

However, 'Fully reliant on Xbox Live compute'?

If that gets taken down, then that'll suck.

when i played the beta for battlefield 4 it was fine and i barely ran into any bugs and i went to a friends house who had it and there were so many game breaking bugs all because they rushed it out because they wanted the edge over CoD ghosts and wanted to make people play BF4 before ghosts

I imagine with that many there were a lot of problems uncovered.

2 Million for a "closed" (Technically) beta was good too.

we dont know yet how many people played the closed beta but i doubt it was a million since a lot of people took the opportunity and went to play the titanfall beta but my guess is around 450,000-500,000 since some people were selling their codes to get some money

I can't see myself playing this, well buying it I should say. Looks like a good game but I'm more into games that involve Co-op story mode, a good example would be borderlands. I'm really only looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online and Destiny (I know it's an FPS but it's completely different to standard online multiplayer FPS games), I'm getting bored with FPS games, I just want a game I can play that's enjoyable but ultimately won't get me in a bad mood.