Husband and Wife Name Daughter After Mass Effect Character!

VinWarrior

ku-xlarge.jpg

The baby above is newborn girl Tali'Zorah, born in North Carolina and named after the popular Video Game character from Mass Effect. It was the mother who chose the name after playing the first game and falling in love with Tali as a character.

The family has received numerous messages of support and kindness from loved ones and friends, with only 'Internet Backlash' being a real problem, as the name has gained some controversy in the community.

The controversy is due to how unique the name is, and if it would make her a bigger target for bullies, but the father, Adam, has replied that no matter what your name is, bullying can still happen.

Source: Kotaku

• Like 1

That's so cute^_^

But at the same time, she is going to have a really hard time learning how to spell and pronounce her name in elementary school, and when she gets to middle school bullying will happen. And once she gets to highschool and college, its gonna be a pain having to write down that name. And then when she is an adult, no one will let her buy alcohol or cross the border(s) without arousing suspicion... Just think if she gets pulled over by a police officer... "Ma'am you're tellin me your name is... Tali'Zorah... Tali'Zorah As in Tali from the game, Mass Effect... Yeah, Nice Try... Now whats your real name?"

And what if she plays Mass Effect some day to see the origin of her naming, and does not like the character whom her name was givin... That would suck.

• Like 3

Also the name is wrong.

I wouldn't name my daughter Tali'Zorah, or Tali.

Tali is the first name, Zorah is the surname.

So the husband and wife's family must be called "Zorah" for it to work.

Kal'Reegar is Kal of the family of Reegar. So if Kal had a brother called Bob, his name would be Bob'Reegar.

The daughter should be called Tali, and to go all the way, the family name must be Zorah.

But I'm totally going to clone myself and call the clone Grunt. Just, ya'know. Why not?

• 1 month later...