Do you think Halo 5 should wait?

Buns

I mean I know Microsoft won't let that happen because they need sales, but I would at least like a 3 year gap between 5 and 6. Making a game isn't a easy so making a triple AAA game is extremely difficult regardless if they're professionals. I would honestly love it if Halo 5 got delayed because at least then I know 343 is given more time to patch things up. 

• Like 2

I mean I know Microsoft won't let that happen because they need sales, but I would at least like a 3 year gap between 5 and 6. Making a game isn't a easy so making a triple AAA game is extremely difficult regardless if they're professionals. I would honestly love it if Halo 5 got delayed because at least then I know 343 is given more time to patch things up. 

Maybe halo 5 had been in development  as long or longer than halo 4 was ? :thumbsup:  

Maybe halo 5 had been in development  as long or longer than halo 4 was ? :thumbsup:  

I sure hope you're right Caboose. I want this to be the best Halo game so far and I want them to give it their all!!!!!!!!!!! Not enough exclamation points!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think we can assume that it will come out next year, in October or November.

That would mean that they had a minimum of two years to work on it, and most likely more than that as they talked about having some people work on it while they working on Halo 4, a 'strategy' used by a lot of game companies.

Hopefully most of the pre-development was already finished by the time Halo 4 came out, 2 good years of development should be plenty to make the game. Halo 4 reactions might have made them change some things though, just will have to wait and see.

Of course, nothing ever said Halo 5 will come out next year, they just said Halo will be on Xbox 1.

I don't think Microsoft are that stupid. They must have learnt their lesson about rushing games, just look at the backlash for Halo 4's release. I think Microsoft knows that to win back the respect of the fans, 343 need to make a quality game. I think Microsoft will give them enough time for this. If not, then the fanbase will hate 343i and won't buy any more games which means Microsoft and 343 won't make any money. They don't want that to happen now, do they? I doubt they'll let it happen again :)

Halo 2 anniversary is coming out next year according to this: http://www.oxm.co.uk/57066/microsoft-discussing-halo-2-anniversary-downplays-talk-of-2014-release/. It would be great if they released Halo 2 anniversary next year and Halo 5 the year after. They would even get much more sales. Only the hard core Halo fans will get them both on release in the same year. (Maybe not hard core but I'm guessing not many people will. I will though.) They did say they care more about releasing the game than the money. I think it's too late to delay Halo 5 now.

Halo 2 anniversary is coming out next year according to this: http://www.oxm.co.uk/57066/microsoft-discussing-halo-2-anniversary-downplays-talk-of-2014-release/. It would be great if they released Halo 2 anniversary next year and Halo 5 the year after. They would even get much more sales. Only the hard core Halo fans will get them both on release in the same year. (Maybe not hard core but I'm guessing not many people will. I will though.) They did say they care more about releasing the game than the money. I think it's too late to delay Halo 5 now.

Actually I'm 99% sure it is not. Halo 5 is most likely coming out next year. It would be overkill to have 2 Halo games in the same year, and Halo 2 for that matter. It would stiff Halo 5's population like hell, unless Halo 5 is a kick ass game.

I agree with you. Instead of them being so worried about putting out a new game they should be worried about having a fantastic story to release to the fans. This would redeem themselves from the horrible piece of trash that they made and called Halo 4. If they at least made an attempt at making a good game then Halo would at least be back to what it should be.

I would like it delayed just because the final result will be a lot better

True, it would. Unfortunately, I don't think it can be delayed. If it can, I really hope they do. There are so many things they could add in to improve the game. Obviously they will never get everything we want in one game, they can't. I hope they are trying they best they can though. They won't let us down this time. They said they know their weaknesses and know the team better know. I think Halo 5 will end up a success, if they delay it, or not. ;)