Armor abilities and Sprint

Seeker of Truth

I'm quite sure this has been discussed before somewhere, but I'm bringing it to this forum. Sprint and AA's make the game enjoyable for everyone.

I have a real-life friend who only started playing Halo in 2009. And to put it bluntly, he was horrible at Halo 3; he gladly admitted it. He was fine at campaign, but just couldn't have a good time on Matchmaking. With Reach and 4's armor abilities, however, he improved very quickly and now regularly plays online and enjoys it. He later said that he thought the problem was that he wasn't used to games without AAs.

My question to people who think that AAs should be out of the game is this. Should people like this be denied the opportunity to enjoy themselves? I've been playing Halo online since I was eight years old and I still consider Halo 4 and Reach to be a lot of fun. The fact that the game automatically selects matches at a comparable skill level to you helps as well. Experienced players tend to end up with experienced players; and less-skilled players with less-skilled players. The only features that I think make the game too easy are instant respawn and ordnance drops. 

Again, should less-skilled players not be allowed to enjoy themselves? If you say yes, then I think that's actually unfair and selfish of you, and I think that you take the game much too seriously. 

What do you mean "enjoy themselves" AA's are meant to help you in situations. I enjoyed Halo CE Lan and Halo 2 multiplayer and Halo 3 multiplayer. I think AA's and sprint should stay but no one is being "unfair" or "selfish" by not wanting AA's in Halo. They just don't think they have a place in the game(for obvious reasons). The best option is to just separate the people who like AA's and the people who don't(Which has been done with Legendary Slayer, Team Throwdown, etc ). I agree ordinance drops need to leave. At least leave them in the custom game options but out of matchmaking. To end my rebuttal your argument for people to "enjoy themselves" bow chicka wowow just isn't fair. We all want people to enjoy Halo including the people who complain about AA's but they want to enjoy the game themselves too ya know? You can't call people selfish for not wanting a feature in a game. 

• Like 1

Exactly the point...

Yes thats the exactly the point of AA's. They're a helpful tool you don't always need them. The point of your argument was saying "letting people enjoy themselves". Halo was just fine without them I like them but please never call someone selfish just for not wanting a feature in a video game. It isn't necessary. 

You can't speak for Armor Abilities and speak against personal ordanance. It is an inconsistent train of thought. They both diminish the competitive aspect of the game by introducing an element of randomness. Nobody is on an equal playing field as long as both are in the game. If you are going to argue that they should be in because you enjoy them, fine. If you want to argue against them, fine. But supporting one but not the other is asinine.

• Like 1

You can't speak for Armor Abilities and speak against personal ordanance. It is an inconsistent train of thought. They both diminish the competitive aspect of the game by introducing an element of randomness. Nobody is on an equal playing field as long as both are in the game. If you are going to argue that they should be in because you enjoy them, fine. If you want to argue against them, fine. But supporting one but not the other is asinine.

I mean I wouldn't mind AA's staying. I just think Ordinance is so unfair. I agree both remove the competitive aspect of Halo so I'm glad that theyre not in competitive modes  :laughing:

Armour Abilities are a useful/helpful feature. As long as 343 make the right ones (not like armour lock in Halo Reach). Don't get me wrong, armour lock was good when used in the right ways, but really annoying when people used it before they were going to get killed and then kill the other player. They would've taken the other players shields down with the armour lock and then finish them of when the first player deserved the kill. Hopefully 343 know what they are doing and judging by Halo 4's armour abilities, they do., 

On one hand, Armor Abilities/Perks/Etc. gave players who for some reason or another, can not, or will not, get the hang of a game, a chance to fight back, have fun and win once in a while.

On the other hand, these players rely on these so called, "Crutches" and get used to spamming them to get out of trouble, rather than memorizing maps and spawns, mastering weapons and aiming/strafing/weapon combo techniques, learning all the shortcuts and hidden stuff, and actually improving their own skill.

The game needs to suit both styles of play. It needs to have a playlist "With AA's" and one "Without AA's". In my opinion of course...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like AAs to be honest. I don't really have anything against them unlike other people. But sprint is a whole other story.

I don't agree with the saying that sprint killed Halo 4. I think Infinity settings are what killed Halo 4. Sprint is just another minor issue to me.

I don't like it that sprint is a default ability in Halo 4. I liked it better in Reach when it was an AA. Players had to choose between the speed that sprint gives them or the ability to easily elevate themselves by using Jetpack.

Now, in Halo 4, people can have both. Now that is what's game breaking to me.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Really?  AAs are tools that can be used strategically in specific situations.  Ordnance hands everybody power weapons and make it way easier to die because you just never know when the other player may have a SAW or Shotgun, or any other power weapon.