Halo: Requiem(RP Thread)

VinWarrior

Eric looked at the ODST on the gun controls.

"I'm just saying, you give me an hour and I could have you working that thing like a pro. Name's Murphy by the way."

He turned his head to the Spartan.

"No touching my tank! In fact, I'll make a bet with you, you against me on the Scorpion Gunnery range. You can make all the upgrades you want to your tank. You may be a spartan, but I sure as hell am one of the, if not the best, tank commander in the UNSC. Up for it?"

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I didnt ask for an invitation to tank palooza 2557." Ike said again jokingly. "Anyway, Whats with you and tanks? Its like you need to kill things with it. I mean... Why not rocket turrets? Or gauss cannons? Just the tank." Ike said.

"Tanks? Listen, it's one thing to shoot a rocket launcher and blow something up, but when you're within that steel shell, 60 tonnes of armour and death at your command, tactical movement and positioning, pointing that 90mm cannon and BOOM ! Then it hits you in the chest! It's not something that I can explain. You have to be there!"

Taylor decided to scare everyone by chiming in in his casually deep voice, "Tanks are slow... On the battlefield you can't afford to slow down..." he said as twisted his Kurki in the air for show, he walked near Murphy, and continued, "The Warthog, is where it's at! Fast, packs a punch, good for transport, s*** I'd take a warthog over a Mantis or Scorpion any day!" he said, flipping his Kurki again and putting it in it's holster.

"Yeah, But if you get boarded, Your screwed,  Atleast with a warthhog or a mongoose you can ditch them off a cliff. Or atleast get out if an enemy is on or in the vehicle. I mean, Atlease you can wield more than a turret or cannon on a mongoose or warthog, No? Sure the accuracy sucks, But if the vehicle launches into space, Id rather watch that than a tank just go boom." Ike said in a statement. "Vehicles are pretty stupid sometimes, Atleast those damn Operators have something to brag about, Their vehicles  are more armored..." Ike said with his arms folded. "Atleast us Wetwork classmen can just stalk up and kill them quick and run, We even appear different on someones radar. Wetworks are the stuff."

"There. That looks good. That looks real good." Said Mal as he pointed on the viewport to a location on Requiems surface. Magnified, the sector showed up to be one of Infinity Science's bases; Aristotle Base.

"Last I heard, it was wiped out a few days ago."

"Exactly, take us down there."

"Going. ETA thirty minutes."

"Good."

He opened the door into the troop bay, and walked in.

"Listen up, best landing site we could get, considering fuel reserves, is a Science Base to the north. It was raided by Split-Faces a few days ago so be prepared. And turn up the heaters in your armour. Arid titles in the Frozen North of Requiem. We have about half an hour so do whatever you do. Thank you for taking Phoenix airways, this is your co-pilot Mal speaking. We hope you enjoy your trip. Over and out."

Of course, he wasn't exactly lying about fuel reserves; the base would be a welcome resupply to limited fuel carried by the ship. However, there was plenty of fuel to reach another inhabited base in the area, it's just that secrecy would be required for what Mal was planning..

Taylor heard the man over the speakers, and stood up from his seat, he walked over to the cockpit again, looking out, they were in Requiem's northern regions, didn't mean the Covenant were any less of a threat, only meant that now they had frostbite to deal with. He could see the base, the regular UNSC grey and green didn't blend with the Blue of the covenant vehicles and infantry. They set up Shades to defend from UNSC infantry, but they didn't expect us to come from the air. It was up to the pilot to make a smooth landing, so we could take out the infantry quickly.

The Shades and armour below we're certainly a problem.

"Looks like our intel isn't up to days then, someone's moved in."

"Should I open fire?"

"Go for it."

The first salvo of missiles hit the armour, each hitting a single tank. Five Tanks down. The second salvo hit the guns and made sure to incinerate the husks if the tanks. All support down.

"Go ahead and land, I think these guys will need to warm up."

"Descending."

The ship descended into the central courtyard, the troop bay opened and the fun began.

"And it begins..." Frederik said softly. He deactivated his camouflage and walked towards the outpost as the Pelican descended into the courtyard. He slung a Fuel Rod Gun over his left shoulder, and dragged a burlap sack behind him. He trudged through the ice and snow, hellbent on achieving his goal.

At the entrance closest to him stood a Shade Turret and a squad consisting of an Elite, two Jackals, and three Grunts. "F***ing Covies. I'll peel them like f***ing potatoes." He crouched down behind a hill, and reached into his burlap bag. Snickering madly, he pulled out an Elite head, and hurled it at the lance awaiting him. A bottle of pills inside the sack rattled as he tossed it aside. With a thump, the head landed at the Elite's feet, with plasma fire following shortly after. Frederik cackled as the colourful bolts whizzed by above him.

Frederik laid down in the snow, and peeked over the crest of the hill. He reactivated his active camo, and pulled out a Plasma Pistol. He charged it up, and fired at the Elite. The EMP hit near his feet, draining most of his shields. Frederik rained a volley of fuel rods at the lance, obliterating two Grunts. A Jackal attempted to dive out of the way, but lost his footing in the snow and tripped, only to be consumed by the green blasts. A Grunt climbed into the Shade Turret, and opened fire.

"Time to reach into my BAG OF TRICKS!" He pulled out a Magnum, and shot at the Elite. The Elite's shields popped. "I love pop!" A bullet lodged itself in the Elite's head. Frederik gave the Jackal a quick shot to the skull. He fired another charge shot at the Shade Turret, and dashed up to the Grunt operating it. He dragged the Grunt off the seat, and held it up by the neck. "You putrid little s***-breathing s***." With his free hand, he yanked the Grunt's mask off, and tossed it at the facility wall. He knocked the methane tank off the Grunt's back, shot its knee with his Magnum, and threw the creature beyond the hill he was initially fighting from. The Grunt readied a Plasma Grenade, and hurled it a metre in front of it. Following the blue explosion, Frederik walked back to the hill, and dragged his burlap bag behind him to the door. He pressed a sequence of buttons on the panel, and hacked his way into the western side of the facility.

IC

Tai looked around. His Lance had been stationed in some darn human bunker in the northern wastes of Requiem, and just his luck, at this moment it was under siege. Although he was an infantry team, he'd been stationed inside the western section of the base as a secondary line of defense. Taking his time, he eyed the monitors. Human controls and technology wasn't something he was familiar with, but anyone with common sense would understand live monitors broadcasting the action outside.

Most of it was as expected. Some dumb commanding officer had decided to place a bunch of turrets in the hopes of defeating infantry, only to have said infantry be airdropped right on top of them. 

However, as he surveyed the action, he caught sight of an unruly Spartan making short work of a team outside before trying to get inside the base, alone. Pride would be his downfall, Tai thought as he quickly accessed the battlenet and pulled from it the design of the base. Deducing Frederik's to-be entrance, he motioned his Lance of two Kig-yar and three Unggoy to move up towards it and set up for an ambush. Immediately, the two birds shrieked in excitement as they moved to gain an upper advantage, while the Unggoy took cover.

Tai, himself, simply walked towards the door that Frederik would take, energy sword ready on the draw. The moment the Spartan stepped through, he'd be sliced, and if Tai was pushed back, then he'd simply jump back and watch as Frederik was peppered mercilessly by carbine rifles and plasma pistols.

Confidently but silently, Tai waited.

Davis walked up to Desmond, with one arm on his COM / TAC. 

"We have reports that there's an abandoned science base north of Requiem, Aristotle Base." said Davis.

"Your mission is to investigate the base for any hostile activity; we've got crucial intel there."

"Any info concerning my squad, sir?"

"Still nothing. But I'll keep trying to raise them."

Desmond walked towards the Pelican, and while the door was closing, he heard a "Good luck" from Davis. He went to the cockpit to inform Jeff.

"I've already got my intel, going to that base now."

"I'm not sure about you, but I'd like more intel with my intel."

After a while, they arrived at the science base. 

"See that's why I want more intel? They didn't say it would be THAT cold!" said Desmond seeing the snowy enviroment.

Getting off the Pelican, he noticed the dead Covenant and wondered if someone was already here. He went deeper into the facility to investigate.

Frederik focused on the fallen Elite. He spotted the alien's holstered Energy Sword, and picked it up. He activated it, and sliced the Elite's head off. He took his helmet off, and eyed up his prize that he held in front of his face.

"I like squid... no I don't. Is this calamari? Yes. I like calamari, raw, cooked, burnt, raw, sushi. I'll eat it later..." he said with a smirk. He gave it a squeeze, and let drops of Sangheili blood fall on his face. He spotted the security camera, and turned towards it. "Hey, Covenant! I'm lovin' it!" He squeezed the head again, letting more drops pour. He smiled, loosened his grip, and hurled the head at the camera, tilting it away from the door.

"Yes I know that didn't rhyme. Shut up. You idiot, it's a soft rhyme!" he said while putting his helmet on. The Spartan reactivated his active camouflage, and opened his burlap bag. He shut off the Energy Sword, placing it inside along with an Elite head, and hefted it over his right shoulder. With his Fuel Rod Gun at the ready, the door slid open, and he peered in. Light was scarce. He gave the previously tossed Elite head a hard kick down the hallway. It hit a wall with a splat, and rolled a short distance before coming to a stop.

"Darkness should be scared of me," he whispered to himself as he stepped inside.

(OOC: I suppose for continuity's sake, this post took place before the one directly above. Darn my slow post composition!)

Ike was still sitting with Sam, "I guess this is just about the end of the ride. Atleast we all got more than a five minute break..." Ike said softly. Ike looked as if he were excited to get out of the ship, Anyone can easily tell. "You ready to get back to work?" Ike said patting Sam's back.  Ike grabbed the sniper rifle that had no scope and got it prepared for whatever lies ahead. He didnt mind not having a scope on his sniper rifle, Yes that was his. Ike wanted to be sure he could get a good shot, So he grabbed a spare scope he had for the sniper and attached it. "I'll let you keep that scope so you can aim at ease with other weapons, I have a spare scope for my sniper anyway, As you can see." Ike held his sniper and looked proud of it, Like a hero... "Better hope you have a helmet, Stuff gets crazy down on the battlefield. Real freaking crazy.." Ike looked as if in a daze, looking at the ground.

IC

Tai's next second was filled with the sight of a severed brother's head rolling across the ground. It only took a second for him to acknowledge what he was seeing before his energy sword was out and drawn, it's pale blue glow illuminating the hallway Frederik entered. With a battle cry, Tai sliced forwards, his energy sword aimed at the Spartan's left shoulder, and aiming to cleave towards the left. All the while, his stance was balanced, ready to launch himself backwards in a roll in case he failed.

Frederik heard the alien yell, and took a step to the right as Tai lunged with his sword.

"Why hello, supper!" He dropped his burlap sack and holstered his Fuel Rod Gun. The Spartan grabbed Tai's sword-wielding arm, and turned his momentum against him, lifting the alien over his shoulder and dropping him on the ground with a slam. "I'm a Judo Gerudo... uh... Colorado? F***, it didn't rhyme yet again! It also didn't make sense, you clod."

A bottle of pills rolled out of the bag, along with another Elite head.

(OOC: For those who were bashing Frederik for being OP, thanks for making me feel included, but he will be nerfed and already has his share of weaknesses. I don't want him to die as soon as he's introduced.)

Edited by Majora ~Maestro~ Jackson

Vivian breathed, slowly exhaling through her lips as though to part a damp strand of hair from her eyes. Her palms touched the cold hard floor as she extended her arms forward, straining her shoulder muscles as she sat back against her heels, arching her back in a cat like stretch. Slowly, she raised her arms skyward, chin up, eyes closed, taking in another long breath.

The Covenant had held her under duress for some time, not long, but enough for it to feel like an eternety. Letting her breath out, she brought her arms to her sides, then slowly clasped them before her torso. Her behavior seemed to confuse some of her captors, especially since she had willingly stripped out of her armor, down to her fatigues, to engage in an age old practice. others scoffed and laughed as though she were in prayer, their xenophobic bias blinding them of a different kind of elegance.

She ignored them. Thus was the purpose of her stress relieving routine. For as long as she was in the Covenant occupied UNSC base, she would ignore them, she would resist. She would find a way to escape, if not in body, then in soul.

Sam suddenly stops "Wait...Who's going to take care of her?" She gestures towards Ashley. She looks back at Ike. "You guys are going to have to go ahead. I have to make sure she's safe." Sam did in fact want to help, but she also isn't confident in herself. She gets out of the turret and goes to Ash and looks back at Ike. "I'm sorry."