Pillar

Itz SHMETHAN

Well you sir are cranking these out, and sure do have a signature Forge style as well! I played this last night and enjoyed its simplicity, and courtyard design!

Couple thoughts!

1) ROCKET SPAWN -I thought the reward was to grand for low risk of the rockets! 2 skilled DMR wielders could make it really tough to get back there with only 2 ways to get to rockets! Which gives this spot a power advantage! Perhaps 1 more hallway directly to them from the middle length axis of the map can fix that. Just a thought!

In general a rule of thumb I try to practice is to have 3 ways to approach a biome.

2) SNIPE SPAWN, kinda similar to 1, but not as bad! Only 2 ways to approach, unless jetpacks are involved! Or unless there was a tac jump I was not aware of.

Perhaps a fix that I thought of is a corridor in the bottom middle, with grav lift that would carry you behind snipe spawn!

I really enjoy your signature, and scale of maps! Your aesthetics and build techniques do not need to be discussed because there is no problem, and the maps look and play great!

• Like 1

I'll take a look at it, thanks!

Right back at you, thanks for submitting maps so I can play them! Its great to play others builds, and you are quickly rising as a resident in my hard drive, and customs rotation.

• Like 1

So I played the updated version, and I love it!

Do you dig how you opened up rockets? it breaths so well and eliminates the overpowering of that biome! WELL DONE!

Sword is difficult to get to, so after a point I just didn't even go for it. Whats the trick? Do you knee tuck the jump of of the strut?

Snipe was still over powered! I think because it is the highest elevation the railings are unnecessary. I understand that balcony and Roman architecture theme and love it, but it seems to be to much cover! I think those upright 1x tall thins do the job just fine! Just some ideas!

I played hill on this last night and slayer, and had a blast! Its really cool how you opened the rocket area gave new habitat for that hill marker! It was so fun!

Overall, the theme of the architecture, and the aesthetic tone, layout to me showcase itself clearly! Tip of the hat. I like it enough I am going to keep this one to on my hard drive, and follow this thread in case of updates!

• Like 1

Finally got to get in the map. Here are the issues I noticed.

Colors: You didn't color your map. This makes it quite bland despite its contrast with the rocks and anvil floor.

Neutral mix: In both red and blue spawn, you mixed some neutral spawn points with the team spawn. This means that in FFA, players could possibly spawn right next to each other.

Strut placement: In both red and blue spawn, the two struts you placed that are buried into the ground are unnecessary. The way they're placed makes them bad for movement in that area of the map. I understand that these are for cover but try to find cover that won't impede movement.

Sword spawn: The roof in Sword spawn is way too low. You never want people hitting their heads when they jump. Also, the path to sword spawn needs a hard route. The only ways up there are via Jetpack and double jump.

Z-fighting: There is some Z-fighting in the map. Can't remember where. Looks like you're gonna have to play a little detective.

Center: The center structure of the map has a few issues. The struts you placed that are lowered into the ground are unnecessary. I suggest removing the speed boost and replacing it with an Initial drop for the sword.

Keep in mind that this feedback is derived from flying in Forge. Haven't played on the map yet. So don't take my feedback completely to heart. I'm sure about some of the issues I mentioned though.

And despite the issues I mentioned, I actually like how the map looks. Looks, mind you. I don't know how it plays.

The dynamic lighting works really well with the map especially in the outside area with the rocket spawn. Good contrast too.
  • Like 2