Zandril

Alright. I need your help, guys.

Green to Gold

I've been getting suggestions from a lot of people saying that I should add another path from Green to Gold.

Currently, these are the only paths from Green to Gold.

oyXQ0dn.jpg

There are many others but they're not really in Green area.

I was thinking of adding a path/tunnel here

846HPZ4.jpg

and it will lead here.

Efa6Ypc.jpg

What do you guys think?

Long sightline between Gold and Red

These are pictures of the long line of sight between Gold and Red.

Qe9sBRw.jpg

z9UqGCu.jpg

I don't know if that's too long or not. But seeing as I was doubting it, I took it to mean that maybe the LoS is too long.

So here's my proposed fix.

JQkdS2X.jpg

In first person.

oSPRLg8.jpg

Here's an overview

3hFdoz1.jpg

The red line breaks it up. Without the LoS blocker, do you guys think the sightline's too long?

I need your help guys. Let me know what you think.

I love the tunnel idea, it would give the players more options down there!

That LOS, I am not sure about! I hear many complain about long LOS, but I enjoy it depending on the situation! A long LOS is fine as long as the Field of View is not to grand! And in this instance, this LOS to my belief is not an exploit! It is easy to evade because you can escape both of those areas simply then the opportunity is gone!

I will have to open up this again to see this! But as of now I don't personally see this needed to be fixed! I don't know maybe I don't care for the application of the sight blocker, to robust! Have you tried something slimmer?

I love the tunnel idea, it would give the players more options down there!

That LOS, I am not sure about! I hear many complain about long LOS, but I enjoy it depending on the situation! A long LOS is fine as long as the Field of View is not to grand! And in this instance, this LOS to my belief is not an exploit! It is easy to evade because you can escape both of those areas simply then the opportunity is gone!

I will have to open up this again to see this! But as of now I don't personally see this needed to be fixed! I don't know maybe I don't care for the application of the sight blocker, to robust! Have you tried something slimmer?

Yeah, I'll definitely add the tunnel. Everyone's been telling me to do so. :)

I'll have to see how the cover plays first before I decide what to do with it.

But thanks for the insight.

A very nice creation Zandril! Tunnel area is a nice touch (experimenting with them myself on MYM Dominion) that appears to add a new approach to the bases and new level of gameplay. I will definitely give it a dl! :thumbsup:

Was this map tested at TNT yesterday? Wanted to join but lobby time wasn't ideal for me, lol!

• Like 1

This map is on a very rapid scale of evolution! Overall through its changes the maps porosity has given it optimal flow. All spaces connect, and scale perfectly! Played this twice with you yesterday, and each match all biomes of the map were being utilized!

If I had to add anything that during our matches yesterday, the dance floor in between yellow and red, "perhaps" could use some cover! The area with the tree planter bed is the one I speak of! When there, I felt as if Yellow on the bottom floor looking to red, through the passage Forged with inclines had more of an advantage, then you had an exposure to the green space were double teaming was happening! Just feels a little naked!

Suggestion-perhaps some crates, or a rock outcrop to strafe around!

Hope this help, if not its why I quote perhaps, as this just might be preference!

• Like 1

This map is on a very rapid scale of evolution! Overall through its changes the maps porosity has given it optimal flow. All spaces connect, and scale perfectly! Played this twice with you yesterday, and each match all biomes of the map were being utilized!

If I had to add anything that during our matches yesterday, the dance floor in between yellow and red, "perhaps" could use some cover! The area with the tree planter bed is the one I speak of! When there, I felt as if Yellow on the bottom floor looking to red, through the passage Forged with inclines had more of an advantage, then you had an exposure to the green space were double teaming was happening! Just feels a little naked!

Suggestion-perhaps some crates, or a rock outcrop to strafe around!

Hope this help, if not its why I quote perhaps, as this just might be preference!

Thank you for your feedback Festuca. I'll definitely look into it.

A very nice creation Zandril! Tunnel area is a nice touch (experimenting with them myself on MYM Dominion) that appears to add a new approach to the bases and new level of gameplay. I will definitely give it a dl! :thumbsup:

Was this map tested at TNT yesterday? Wanted to join but lobby time wasn't ideal for me, lol!

Thanks Choot 'em. And yes. This was played during the TNT. We had a game of Extraction, I believe.

Guest Psychoduck

Cool, glad to see all of the testing and revisions this map is getting.  From the screnshots it's looking pretty good.  We'll be checking it out very soon.

• Like 3

Cool, glad to see all of the testing and revisions this map is getting.  From the screnshots it's looking pretty good.  We'll be checking it out very soon.

Thanks Psychoduck. Once you do test it, you should play it on Extraction 1 site. I'm told that that's the gametype it plays best on. Keep in mind though that the version in the OP is not the latest. The version in the OP has two extraction sites that aren't placed in the best locations. One being too secure and one being too open.

I recently made some changes to the map that fixes the problem so I'll update my post here as soon as I can.

Damn Zandril. You've been working. It's awesome that you worked this hard on one map. I remember looking at this map's first version before. I can't even recognize it in the updated versions.

You changed nearly the entire map. But for the better. Good job. :)

Thank you. But I'd like to let you know that I've decided to stop tinkering with the map.

To explain why, I'll just quote my little speech from Forge Hub.

Maybe I should just make some last aesthetic changes to the map and then leave it at that. I remember altering the initial version to V2 where I added the rock cave, changed green and red. It took so much time and was a huge pain.

I honestly don't see myself going through that again.

I'd say that this map has served it's purpose. Not to be the best map that everyone would love but to be a huge learning experience for me and to be something that would allow me to know the community better.

Through testing this map, I made a bunch of new friends here at Forge Hub, Halo Customs, etc. I'd say that I was able to rise from being unknown to slightly known through this map.

I've learned so much from this one map. More than I thought I would. And I couldn't be more thankful to everyone who supported and helped me. Without you guys, I wouldn't have been able to transform Novus from its initial version to what it is right now.

After all the testing, all the feedback, and all the hours spent making changes to the map, I'd say that Novus is not a bad map. If anything, I'd say its's a good map. Not great but good.

When I first released this map, I thought a lot of people would really like it. But the initial reactions I got were criticism against the map. I'm not going to lie. Some comments seemed harsh. But I powered through all of it and kept a good attitude toward everything. And I realized that all the comments that I felt were attacks on me and the map were the comments that made it a whole lot better in the end.

Novus in Latin means new. And the whole experience that Novus gave me was definitely new. I met new people and learned new things. But in the end, the map would not be something that would reach its true potential without completely redesigning/reforging it.

So perhaps it would just be better if I left the map how it is (and I'd say that its current version is actually pretty good) and start anew. I myself am honestly pretty excited on how my next map would be. With all the new things I've learned from Novus, my next map is bound to be an improvement.

Thanks to everyone who was with me in the growth of this map (I'll make a list soon). To the community, I salute.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with the map. You guys are the best! :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you. But I'd like to let you know that I've decided to stop tinkering with the map.

To explain why, I'll just quote my little speech from Forge Hub.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with the map. You guys are the best! :D

Zandril one thing I would like to mention about this map, is that you took a lot of creative risks, listened to the community and revised this map, without losing those risks. This is not seen very much in Forgers, and maps! Of course we learn from each other and implement applications used by others, but lately maps barely have a genuine feel, and is difficult to distinguish from other map authors. This map is very genuine, and has many attributes, and examples other forgers should consider!

• Like 1