Halo 5 is NOT the next Halo?!?!

0IAH

There has been a lot of controversy over whether the next Halo is going to be "Halo 5" or not. I have compiled a video together explaining what makes the next Halo game likely to be called "Halo 5" and why it might not be "Halo 5".

After making this video, @bsangel [343i's senior community manager] said this on twitter: "We're calling it Halo Xbox One right now." in response to @biowolf93's "call the new halo halo 5? Lots of controversy" 

This leads me to think that the next Halo could very well be a "side-game" sort of like "Halo: Reach" maybe 343i is just thinking of a word to put after "Halo:" ...who knows.

Overall, this whole situation can be kind of confusing - for more information, watch the video for sources that lead towards the name being "Halo 5" and some sources that lead towards the name not being "Halo 5":

One more thing, if the next Halo is a "side-game" like Halo: Reach -- what should the word after "Halo: ______" be? Any ideas?

Maste Chief has not YET been in any game spart from main trilogies. (Not including Easter eggs)

It's probably a glimpse of how it may look on XBONE though I doubt it.

To answer OP question, I would love a game set around the battle of harvest.

Maybe it could be a prequel and a sequel, like how Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is going to be. In the game there is a little prologue campaign called "Ground Zeros" that is set like 8 years before the 2nd and central campaign "The Phantom Pain", which itself is set right before Metal Gear Solid.

"Halo" could start out with John's beginnings and how he became the all-around badass he is now. Then there would be a 2nd campaign for the continuation of Halo 4. Named Appropriately based on the situation John is in or something.

Maybe the whole thing could be just simply called Halo or Halo 5 with a little Prologue campaign being available but I don't know. Just some colorful speculation :)

Surely it's Halo 5 why else would they slap a giant 5 in the clouds?

Coincidence?  Unintentional?  While I doubt it, and should hope that they would have seen it and had it changed it if was not Halo 5, we should just wait for confirmation.  Though I fully believe it will be, for the fact that MS is going to want to get their flagship game out on the new system as soon as possible.  They don't want another repeat of Bungie with Halo 3, releasing the game 2 years after the 360 came out.

Well, part of what you say is true. The next Halo game to be released isn't Halo 5, obviously, because the next Halo game to be released is Halo:Spartan Assault. Launching in July of this year. As for the rest of your comment, I seriously doubt any other Halo game will be released before Halo 5. Halo 5 was in production since around Halo 4's launch. That's all they've been talking about, as well. To release something else other than Halo 5 at this moment would just be bad for sales.

This game could still very well be Halo 5, but instead of naming it Halo 5 they gave it a different name. Halo 4 was meant to be a direct Sequel to Halo 3 so it made sense to call it Halo 4, but between Cortana dying chief going rouge, and no word on what happened to Arbiter, or other past past characters, they probably felt there was no need to name it Halo 5.

Hell for all we know Chief could be the ONLY character we know in Halo Xbox One... It's a game all about the Chief and only the chief...

The way I look at it, it's most definitely Halo 5 but if they are using just Halo as the title and having Halo Xbox One as a place holder they will probably add something to the title of the game similar to how the first Halo was Halo: Combat Evolved to give it some flavor (Even though Combat Evolved was used just to keep the game from getting mixed up with religion).

Perhaps they plan on just having the next game in the series called "Halo".

To be fair, none of the games in the series have been just called "Halo" , there has always been something else in the name (ODST, Reach, Combat Evolved, 2, 3, etc)

Personally it doesn't matter what they call it, so long as the story is solid and game play and graphics are awesome, I could care less.

So, it will be the 5th installation in the series (involving MC) but it may or may not be called Halo 5. 

Yes Halo 5 is not the next Halo.... Halo: Spartan Assault is. Halo 5 is definitively the next Halo after Spartan Assault (as far as I know of).

spartan assault is a windows app -- this discussion is talking about the next halo console game

I know. Im just saying that Spartan Assault is the next game in the Saga even though its a Windows app. And its been confirmed as being Halo 5 already. Don Mattrick specifically said "The next Halo, Halo 5, is being released in 2014"

My ipod is really slpw right now so i cant get the link, but ill be on my pc tomorrow and ill get it to you then.

There has been a lot of controversy over whether the next Halo is going to be "Halo 5" or not. I have compiled a video together explaining what makes the next Halo game likely to be called "Halo 5" and why it might not be "Halo 5".

After making this video, @bsangel [343i's senior community manager] said this on twitter: "We're calling it Halo Xbox One right now." in response to @biowolf93's "call the new halo halo 5? Lots of controversy" 

This leads me to think that the next Halo could very well be a "side-game" sort of like "Halo: Reach" maybe 343i is just thinking of a word to put after "Halo:" ...who knows.

Overall, this whole situation can be kind of confusing - for more information, watch the video for sources that lead towards the name being "Halo 5" and some sources that lead towards the name not being "Halo 5":

One more thing, if the next Halo is a "side-game" like Halo: Reach -- what should the word after "Halo: ______" be? Any ideas?

-_- reach wasnt a side game