The Park

The Park - Download Link

The Park is a revisit of the last map i made in reach also called The Park, the whole map started from me noticing something interesting about the subtle height elevations terrain created and went from there, the main gameplay concept around the map was to have the ground floor, the terrain actually useful instead of just being a flanking path or drop out, the canopies came around from an old shopping mall i used to visit when i was a kid where they had them for cover from weather and because of an idea i had about blocking vertical lines of sight for jet pack without interrupting map movement and paths. i never really learned anything from that map because it was built at the end of reach and never could get tests on it. this time around i've managed to refine and learn from it and thanks to forge island build the aesthetical theme alot better.

Player Count:
2v2
4v4

Gametypes:
Slayer
KOTH
One Flag

recommended Gametypes:
Unity 2v2/4v4 KOTH & slayer
Halo promod

Weapons/Power-Ups:
Frag grenades - 60sec
Plasma grenades - 60sec
Pulse grenades - 60sec
Plasma pistol - 60secs
Concussion rifle - 120secs
Storm Rfile = 90secs
Overshield - 90secs

Credits:
Chef Linguini
CoIdFUSION
Redemption1272
AgentPapercraft
Overkill CE

Weapon Layout:
zdPrUMc.jpg

Callouts:
sOGJ2qo.jpg

rhjg0cR.jpg5nNoxhN.jpgTQEzU8d.jpgxcitfZe.jpgjP1tTMK.jpgYl11L0P.jpgB5qrsyR.jpgWCI2xJM.jpg

post-30167-0-56467700-1367973525_thumb.jpg

its already been through testing, i tested with the type of player that would find and exploit any flaw possible and accurately articulate the problems and why they're a problem.

i've released it now to try and get more feedback to see where i may have gone wrong that has been missed so i can learn from it. so fare i've only gotten positive comments or people staying mute even when i push them to be as negative as possible. really starting to irritate me.

after messing around with spawns i've found that the problem isn't the spawns. its the map, the map lacks any vertical segmentation, the main segmentation in the map comes from the picnic table and purple bridges but those are more pathways then a vertical position, this causes a problem of lack of power positions in 4v4 removing gameplay structure creating a more chaotic experience.

for 2v2s though everything works much smoother, the bridges act more as a power position and there are set-ups, counters, strategize and such, generally just works how the map was built.