Changing the weapons you spawn with for a normal gametype qualifies as an Action Sack gametype according to 343. So instead of having off-the-wall objects being your objective, such as Hog Potato where your Warthog is an Oddball or Halo Chess, you can spawn with Binary Rifles in CTF and have that count as an Action Sack gametype instead. :/just by weapons 

thats nothing like action sack 343 lies about the cookies   

thats nothing like action sack 343 lies about the cookies

This world's becoming a place where we can't trust any video game studios and their baked goods at all. Valve turns cake into a lie, and now 343 Industries has made cookies false. What's next, Nintendo transforms pie into a conspiracy?

Anyways, it's map time! This one is one of the first minigames I've made on Halo 4. I've tested it with friends, including forum members Razgriz Girl and AnimeAddict92, and I have tuned it up. It's a silly game, but it's a blast to play. I call it Tumble Rumble!!!! And yes, those exclamation marks helped me differentiate between all of Tumble Rumble's previous versions during development. Here's the gametype for it, aptly named Tumble Rumble.

The layout of the map is simple. There's a huge hill, and you have to get the trophy at the top. But first, you spawn in a safety room.

post-71046-0-75432200-1369977173.png

You and seven friends can spawn in this room.

The safety room has windows where you can look up quite a ways. You can tell if something is coming to kill you.

post-71046-0-18702300-1369977178.png

If only more people looked out the windows... (and yes, that's me in the screenshot)

If you don't look out the window, things may not end well.

post-71046-0-22805000-1369977183.png

The Guardians have a bad habit of spawn-killing.

A stray kill ball used to be able to land on the ceiling of the safety room, although I have placed a sloped coliseum wall there to fix it. Those kill balls can get some killer air... so can the soccer balls... and the die.

The gametype itself is a variant of Oddball, but all you need to do is hold the ball for one second to win a round. There are three rounds in the gametype, and is a best out of three, although you can tweak it to be a best out of nine or seven or whatever you prefer. You're equipped with a Concussion Rifle and a Gravity Hammer, which can deflect soccer balls but cannot hurt your opponents, nor can they deflect kill balls. The previous edition had golf balls, but I scrapped them in favour of more soccer balls and a die. You also have a Thruster Pack, which can save your rear if you're staring down a legion of kill balls.

post-71046-0-28905700-1369977188.png

Triple Kill! Running Riot!

Anyways, thanks for looking, and if you gave this map a try, I thank thee tenfold!

These files have been deleted from my file share.

So as summer draws closer -- in this hemisphere anyways -- it's getting warmer and warmer here. 'bout time, too, as May was soggy instead of warm like usual; nice change, but not what I'm used to. May usually gets to that temperature that draws the line between when to use the A/C or not, so I kinda don't like that month. I'm also that kind of person who wishes it was winter in the summer, and snowier in the actual winter season. The dog loves it, I love it, and it's Canada, damn it. Hence, if anyone here plays the Facebook game called "Nations" (which with a player base of only 90 people now, it's pretty unlikely), my nation's climate reflects what I like: COLD. It's also space-faring and rivals Forerunners in terms of tech, but that's a different story. Moral of the story is: I LIKE WINTER!

But I suppose summertime is the perfect time to post a stadium, hmm? This is Alexhstan's premier Grifball stadium, called Kappital Imperial Stadium, located in the capital of Alexhstan. It's your typical Grifball stadium; a bunch of players spawn in a large room and rush towards the ball in the middle...

post-71046-0-62967600-1370458955.png

Uh, boss? We got a problem.

...oh, wait, what?! The stadium's AI didn't turn the heater on! There's ice on the floor! And it's somehow in the colours of Alexhstan's flag!! Darn computers, anyways... we'll have to improvise...

This is Alexhstan's premier Grifhockey stadium, Kappital Imperial Stadium. As I was saying before, it's your typical Grifball stadium, composed of a large room where players two teams spawn on opposite sides and charge towards the ball in the middle while slipping and sliding on ice... or bouncing on Dominion shields.

post-71046-0-02433200-1370458978.png

The Emperor rarely visits. He's too busy watching Blernsball.

But, a couple of days ago, I was playing Grifball, and eventually the other team started spawn-killing like there was no tomorrow. Let me tell you, it got old reeeeeeeal fast. So to combat that, players respawn on a bench above their side of the rink in a soft kill zone to prevent camping.

post-71046-0-39297400-1370458961.png

Can't camp, can't get spawn-killed. Balls can't get stuck up here.

In addition to respawning out of reach of the enemy team if they are badgering your end of the rink, players also have "invincibility frames" when they respawn. Basically, you get a couple seconds of invulnerability to get onto the field and back into the game. You will have the speed boost visual effect during this time.

Grifhockey also gives you a couple of tricks to use, or armour abilities. There are still only two loadouts, Assault and Guard. The Assault loadout now has a Thruster Pack to be used while on offense, while the Guard loadout has a Hologram to distract your opponents. If you are holding the ball, you cannot use armour abilities at all.

Finally, damage and resistance have both been scaled down. You inflict 25% damage, while you can only take 10% damage. This number modification makes it much harder to break the ice, which each piece has a respawn time of one second; it's the same trick I used in Space Invaders to prevent the tanks from making the aliens fall through the floor. Yet, there will still be a lot of smashing and one-hit kills like in normal Grifball. Terrific!

And to end the presentation, you may not notice this in gameplay, but let's look outside of the stadium.

post-71046-0-46826300-1370458965.png

Monoraaaaaaail!

post-71046-0-85094300-1370458969.png

Monoraaaaaaaaaaaaaail!

Cityscaaaaaaape! Even in the summer, there's no vegetation outside in Alexhstan. I thought -30 Celsius was plant-friendly? Ah well, I guess that's why I don't work in the seasonal department at work.

Anyways, thanks for looking, and if you gave this map a try, I hope you put on your wool socks and long johns first!

• Like 1

UPDATE
Two posts in one day, what is this? Anyways, I just wanted to let my three or so readers know that my next few maps will be geared towards the two gametypes I have grown an appreciation for lately: Grifball and Flood. I may also re-release Kappital Imperial Stadium with a few minor fixes and make it compatible with regular Grifball too. Of course, I'll also come up with strange minigames and put the Maestro twist on some other gametypes.

In other words, my forge reign of terror has just begun!

UPDATE
In this update, I present... well, an update. Redundant Maestro is redundant.
Anyways, I have released Kappital Imperial Stadium v1.1. As proud as I was with the original edition, which functions just fine, there were a couple of mistakes I made in the building process.
First off, I discovered a minor error during gameplay. While "skating" on the ice, I found that there are very thin gaps between each dominion shield where one can stand on solid ground. I have moved each dominion shield closer, and had to add one-way shield doors on the red side of the rink. Since they appear red, they fit in better there than where I originally had them set up in the middle of the arena. Unfortunately, this feels like an aesthetic sacrifice in favour of functionality. Although, it is difficult to find these gaps if you are skating at a decent speed.
Second, one of the skyscrapers outside just stops abruptly midair, and could be seen from one of the benches just floating in the sky. Do not want.
Finally, v1.1 is compatible with regular Grifball thanks to a trait zone which decreases damage output and resistance. The original version was compatible with Grifball, but one could break the ice effortlessly.

Also, I am proud to say that the stadium has had a relatively large amount of downloads compared to my other maps. Note how I said "relatively". Halo Gear Solid 1 has the most amounts of downloads with 22 since April 5. Kappital Imperial Stadium has had 7 since June 5, which means it has clawed its way up to second. The gametype Grifhockey is my most downloaded gametype with 12 downloads, and Space Invaders has had 9. I find it weird that my most downloaded map doesn't use my most downloaded gametype.

On the topic of numbers, I'm disappointed that Halo Gear Solid 3 and its European Extreme counterpart have had no downloads since their completion in May. Did I do something wrong with them?

UPDATE

Good news, everyone! First off, you read that in Professor Farnsworth's voice.

Second, I have updated Halo Gear Solid 1, its European Extreme version, and the gametype itself.

Thirdly... Second...

The Empire of Alexhstan, long ago, forged an alliance with the Republic of Holy Gamelon, much to the dismay of the Gamelonian people. The people saw their nation as the opposite of Alexhstan... why did the government sign their land away to a tyrant? As such, border towns in Holy Gamelon often form anti-Alexh militias. Lotorium is no exception; Holy Gamelon Route 666 is a hotspot of rebellious activity. Sometimes relations between the Gamelonian people and the Alexh Empire break down enough that not even diplomacy can patch things up...

post-71046-0-38179300-1371359944.png

This region has problems.

I don't know what's with me and putting city infrastructure in my maps, lately, but this is Holy Gamelon Route 666. As if the route number itself isn't ominous, the fact that rebel activity takes place here is... among other things. The map is built with two gametypes in mind, the first and foremost being King of the Hill...

post-71046-0-59827600-1371359922.png

...with the Maestro twist added.

...where two of the hills are Gauss Warthogs. I tinkered around with the gametype and made sure that everything worked. Until I resolved the respawning hill issue, the vehicles were indestructible and you could teleport back up to the top of the map if you were driving a regular land vehicle. Since that got solved, the Warthog hills are destructible, yet respawn without a hitch.

post-71046-0-83296400-1371359936.png

You can only control the hill by hopping in the Warthog or awkwardly standing by one of the corners.

The reason behind the Warthog hills is to encourage vehicular warfare. Sure, you can stand by one of the corners or on top of the vehicle, but where's the fun in that? There are a few other vehicles to use as well, which gives this map that "protect the leader" feeling. You can start a convoy of war machines and rip around! You can also have some team members control the straight stretch of Route 666, which is the third hill in the map.

post-71046-0-05841400-1371359930.png

The red team's spawning area.

Each team starts in the wreckage of military transport. There are various weapons from each faction strewn about and a few vehicles. Your initial spawn points are also strewn about, to simulate that you're the survivors of an ambush. The only weapons absent are snipers, which appear as ordnance, the DMR, which is a loadout-exclusive weapon, the SAW, and the Needler... the latter two tend to be noob tubes. Semi-power weapons, such as Shotguns, Scattershots, Railguns, and Concussion Rifles spawn at each base. Heavy weapons appear as well, but are well hidden and difficult to get to. All of these semi-power and power weapons have a longer respawn time than the normal weapons.

post-71046-0-04810300-1371359914.png

Gamelonian Transportation Depot

I want to talk more about this area. The depot is not a particularly important area, but beside it is where Route 666 got destroyed by rebels. There are a couple of vehicles for anyone to use there; however, it's not necessarily a stronghold in King of the Hill. You can lay down some suppressing fire from the turret on top, though keep in mind that it is not a power position. Under the control of the right players, though, it could be.

post-71046-0-74374100-1371359907.png

Rebel curs! (If you get the reference, you are a champ)

It is possible to use this as an onramp, but it's not the best path onto the freeway. Use the actual onramp if you can. There are a couple Mongooses overturned, which can be used in a pinch to escape from the depot. I was thinking of hiding some weapons here, but I decided against it.

Anyways, this map is compatible with regular King of the Hill, but I concocted a special gametype for it, which will allow for three hills to be active at once and also has game-specific loadouts. You also get invincibility frames upon respawning, as part of my anti-spawn-killing campaign.

The other gametype I had in mind for this map was Flood. It is compatible with regular Flood; but in regular Flood, you cannot pick up weapons and vehicles don't appear. In this map, that can be a pain in the derriere. I also remedied this with yet another special gametype. Also the time limit of three minutes may not be optimal for gameplay since this is a large map with lots of hiding spots, and vehicles speeding around don't make things easy. Instead, the time limit is set to ten minutes. If you are a zombie, you have your work cut out for you... although, the Gauss Warthogs are exclusive to King of the Hill, and will not appear in Flood, which will make your life easier. I get the feeling that a lot of people will be hiding underneath the bridge or near the depot while playing Flood.

Like I said, you can use regular King of the Hill and Flood, but the gametypes I made work best on this map.

Anyways, thanks for looking, and if you gave this map a try, I hope you fueled up in Lotorium!

...trust me, the next gas station is located across the border.

P.S. If you get the reference within the annexed nation's name... I'm scared.

UPDATE

I'm taking a break from playing Halo, which obviously means forging as well. The reason why is simply a case of forger's block, where I just can't come up with any interesting or decent ideas for a map. Holy Gamelon Route 666 is not doing as well as I had hoped, with the map having only one download since last Saturday. Its gametypes have garnished no downloads at all. My attempts at coming up with a Mini Slayer map have been fruitless, as it, contrary to popular belief, turns out that Mini Spartans aren't as mini as they seem.

The second reason is that if I were to play any Xbox game at all right now, I'd probably wind up with an Xbox controller lodged deep into my TV. Thanks to some little [CENSORED] at work, I ended up spending far more [CENSORED] time than I [CENSORED] should have doing what should have been a [CENSORED] simple task. If they were there, the metal pole required for holding up the door to the sign out front would have a few more dents in it.

post-71046-0-17123700-1371787978.png

This summarizes the end of my shift

Also

EDIT: I got a brainwave. We'll see where it takes me.

Another day, another map. Let's get started, shall we?

Today I present to ye: Portal Tower! This is the result of a couple hours of effort. I was originally going to call the map "Micronauts" but for some reason the name kept getting blammed. I don't know why, the name isn't inappropriate, is it? Ah whatever. There isn't a lot to it, other than it's just a tower where you spawn with an Incineration Cannon and a jetpack... inside a soft-kill zone of course, to prevent camping.

post-71046-0-92653000-1371840501.png

Yes, it uses the Mini Slayer gametype.

I figured that this map would make for a very hectic Mini Slayer game, with little pixies launching fireballs at each other while using jetpacks. You fall towards the bottom of the tower, where a teleporter takes you to a random receiver node at the top. Once at the receiver node, a man cannon pushes you away from the teleporter into a dominion shield, and once again you fall. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, and you have the endless falling trap from Portal. The dominion shields below each node prevent a person appearing in the opposite node from dying upon hitting the wall.

post-71046-0-03869600-1371840509.png

EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee!

Also, there's a trait zone which gives you 4x Overshields that do not regenerate and infinite ammo. You still start with an Assault Rifle like in regular Mini Slayer, but you can change that to whichever weapon you like. It is important to note that like regular Mini Slayer, you can only have up to a total of eight players. I did not put sixteen initial spawn points into the map, because Mini Slayer is not built for sixteen players. Besides, there have been occasional frame rate issues, and I don't know how sixteen people would affect that. Damage and resistance have been scaled down, so that destroying the dominion shields is a lot tougher. You can still be a scumbag and destroy the shield to make someone crash into the wall at high speeds, although it may not be a fruitful venture.

Due to file share slots being a precious commodity now, I cannot provide the Mini Slayer gametype on my file share. So to get it, just play a round of Action Sack where Mini Slayer is an option, and have fun. Then once you're done your Mini Slayer match, go to custom games. Once there, you can click the right joystick and go to temporary history. Mini Slayer should be at the top. Select it, then change a random setting (I'd recommend changing the game loadout from frag grenades to pulse grenades), and save it as a new gametype. Now you will have Mini Slayer on your Xbox, without the danger of downloading it from a modder... trust me, the last modded gametype I got messed up my screenshot menu.

Anyways, thanks for looking, and if you gave this map a try, I thank thee tenfold!

EDIT: How did I forget the link to the map?! AARRRGHHHH

These look ******* cool. I like how off the wall they are lol

Why thank ya very indeed! My ultimate goal of forge domination relies heavily on the absurdity of some of my maps, although some of these can be absurdly difficult such as HGS3. Drive Master would top the list, but I scrapped it due to lack of motivation to complete it. Plus, testing it was a hassle thanks to the first obstacle making me want to rip my hair out.

Wow, my friend those maps are amazing. I love the scenery and how these maps are built. If you could ever let me test these few forge world's out with you, I would really like that. Message me my GT is, Kool Halo Kitty. Thank you.

Thanks! The functionality of the map is always my top priority; I'd prefer a map to play well than look nice if it comes down to the functionality/aesthetics chopping block. Fortunately, in recent maps this has not been a problem. In Kappital Imperial Stadium, only half of the budget was put into making the stadium, and that's including the decorations. Since I wanted a futuristic yet urban setting, I was able to devote more of my budget towards urban infrastructure.

HG Route 666 had aesthetics integrated along the way, or what little decorations one could put into a highway setting. The freeway supports serve more of a purpose than just decoration; if it turns out that the Flood gametype is able to be tested in the next Tuesday Night Testing (priority's given to King of Route 666), I have a feeling that a few people will be hiding under the bridge. Little bridge trolls can also hide there and try to hijack the Hog Hill in King of the Hill if they have a jetpack or try to control the freeway on foot.

I might host a test run of the Route 666 gametype tomorrow night, since I work bright and early tomorrow but not on Monday. I'll give you a shout if the test run has the green light from the Maestro of tomorrow.

NEW CHALLENGE INCOMING

I'm hosting a test run of Holy Gamelon Route 666 tonight at 7:30 PST! Route 666 (Flood) gametype only; King of Route 666 is being tested on Tuesday Night Testing!

Or not.

Ahoy, mateys! Spy yer lookin' glass 'pon this here map an' weigh anchor!

Today I've got Koridai, a map where a bunch of pirates are fighting for control over the sea! It uses the same King of the Hill gametype as Holy Gamelon Route 666, which I renamed "Convoy King", as I may use it again in another map. It is a nautical map, where two teams spawn on opposing wharves.

post-71046-0-79109800-1372183346.png

Landho!

Like in Holy Gamelon Route 666, you have three hills on the map, and two of them are vehicles. This time around, however...

post-71046-0-69408500-1372183352.png

Man the six-pounder, ye cowardly swab!

...the vehicular hills are Wraiths. I made the hills a lot smaller so that the only way one could control them is by hopping in the Wraiths. Sure, you could again stand awkwardly on top, but that's no fun. Besides, who doesn't like operating a Wraith?

Anyways, the reason I've got a bunch of pirate lingo in this post is simple...

post-71046-0-00565900-1372183358.png

Ye best have yer sea legs!

...this map uses gravity volumes to make Ghosts and Wraiths float on water. Hence, they're little ships... pirate ships. While Route 666 had mostly UNSC vehicles, Koridai has mostly Covenant vehicles. You can't make a Warthog swim, and neither can a landlubbin' Spartan.

post-71046-0-62622700-1372183363.png

Fire!!

Keep watch of where you are. There are struts at the edge of the outer gravity volumes to show where you cannot go with your vehicle. If you go past the struts... well... ahem... ye be headin' to Davey Jones' locker!

Another reason I've got pirate lingo is that there are two ships outside of the gravity volume area.

post-71046-0-91690800-1372183376.pngpost-71046-0-95459000-1372183382.png

They're 'bout a league apart.

They aren't massive ships, and they aren't inside any hills. They're there to provide support for both teams. The top ship is closer to the blue wharf, so this is the blue ship. The bottom ship is closer to the red wharf, and is the red ship. You can also tell by the colour of the wheel when you teleport over.

post-71046-0-73290600-1372183370.png

Be ye loaded to the gunwalls?! Swab the deck!!

The ships are nearly identical to each other.

post-71046-0-97439600-1372183401.png

Someone be runnin' a rig...

Due to an oversight on my part, however, the blue ship is farther away from the action than the red ship is. Each one has mounted turrets from each faction, a Shade Turret on the bow, a looking tower with a sniper, and a warthog surrounded by railings at the stern which cannot be driven. The warthog is where the similarities end. The red ship has a regular warthog, while the blue ship has a rocket warthog to compensate for the extra distance they have to deal with.

post-71046-0-57672500-1372183396.png

"I feel like king of the world!"

Each wharf has a Wraith hill and three Ghosts to protect the Wraith. They could also be used to control the third hill on the high seas if the cap'n goes down with his ship. There's also a Gauss Warthog surrounded by railings to provide additional support to your teammates.

post-71046-0-71997400-1372183388.png

Drop anchor!

I should mention that each team respawns on Respawn Island, which is on the other side of the big island that the wharves are at the base of. You respawn in a soft-kill zone with a teleporter leading to a random receiver node at your respective wharf. You also get invincibility frames to get back into the game. This is, once again, to prevent spawn-killing.

If the budget wasn't nearly used up, I would've added more decorations. However, I believe functionality to be a higher priority than aesthetics. If Kappital Imperial Stadium itself had used up more resources, there may not have been a cityscape outside. That's just the way I am.

Also note that while Koridai may use the same gametype as Route 666, it is not compatible with Flood. Do not try to use the Route 666 gametype on Koridai. It won't end well.

If ye be spyin' the high seas, have a nipperkin o' grog, and if ye be pillagin', have a tankard o' rum!

• Like 1

UPDATE

! Holy Gamelon Route 666 à la Convoy King was the last map to be tested on this week's TNT, and I think it went over well. However, there were some issues with the Wraiths and the wrecked part beside the depot. There was also an issue with the gametype. I have removed the Wraiths and replaced them with Mantises, since the Wraiths had some issues moving on the highway. I added a few more pieces of debris on the wrecked ramp, as well as a rock at the base, to smooth out that section of the road. It's still bumpy, but there are far fewer sections where your vehicle can get stuck.

The gametype had a point limit that was far too low. Instead of 200 points, I have increased it to 400; this is, of course, subject to change. I may increase it to 600.

Bad news, everyone... I'm up to 25 files in my file share. Now I have to make the choice of which files get the ax and which ones make the cut. If there's any that you really want to download, now's the time. I'll be deleting the oldest and/or least popular maps and gametypes in two weeks' time.

But in the meantime, let's show off which map has occupied File Share Slot #25!

If you like Husky Raid, chances are you'll like Maestro's Siege.

post-71046-0-22665200-1372530414.png

This spells trouble.

What made Husky Raid so lovable is its simplicity. Two bases are attached to each other with a path in the middle. It uses a CTF gametype where people spawn with random weapons, and carnage awaits. Basically, Maestro's Siege is a four-way Husky Raid. There are four bases attached to each other, and each base has a mounted turret. Thanks to the decor, you get a little bit of cover.

post-71046-0-47784400-1372530421.png

Every base looks like this, only with their respective colour.

The addition of two more bases will make things more chaotic than Husky Raid. While you're off pillaging a base, the other two teams could be launching a siege on yours in your absence. You really have to watch yourself and your flag.

For best results, play with 16 players in total, 4 per team. Like Husky Raid, set your primary and secondary weapons to random, give the flags a reset time of 5 seconds, and set the time limit to 20 minutes. As per my anti-spawn-kill campaign, give respawn traits invincibility as immunity to assassinations and speed boost visual effect. You may want to increase the number of flags needed to win to 10.

DAYS REMAINING UNTIL THE AX: 13

HOURS REMAINING UNTIL THE AX: 300

ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL: 12:00 PM PST, JULY 13

UPDATE

Well, this isn't a Halo-related update, but here's what I do when I'm not playing around with forge mode:

post-71046-0-86475000-1372661840_thumb.jpg

In Worque Mine, you can find this little Easter egg.

post-71046-0-82961500-1372662187_thumb.jpg

Part of the random weather generator script, AKA: the Weather Dominator!

post-71046-0-65221900-1372661918.png

Kinda Halo related I guess.

post-71046-0-85797500-1372661934.png

It's a Kaizo mod.

Makin' games and moddin' Mario FTW! Since my original games are not on this computer, I have to take lousy cellphone screenshots.

DAYS REMAINING UNTIL THE AX: 12

HOURS REMAINING UNTIL THE AX: 283

ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL: 12:00 PM PST, JULY 13

UPDATE

So far, after conducting an array of experiments and calculations involving all sorts of gadgets never seen or heard of by mankind, a total of seven files are on the chopping block, with eight more being monitored closely. Four gametypes and three maps are going to be scrapped. If you liked Tumble Rumble (map and gametype), Tesselatorium (map and two gametypes), and Lasers (map and gametype), download 'em before July 13!

Also more non-forge screenshots:

post-71046-0-24211700-1372722739_thumb.jpg

OHKO Master

post-71046-0-47859900-1372722752_thumb.jpg

The game over screen in my game changes depending on who you have in your party at the time of death in battle. Different characters will show up, but that blue ghost woman will always laugh at you and snow will always fall. If you die by stage hazards, you will get a different game over screen entirely.

And to my fellow Canucks...

HAPPY CANADA DAY

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Long time no post, loyal reader... readers? I dunno. Either way, I just got a brilliant idea for a new project. It could take quite some time to build. I estimate it'll take more than a week to build and make sure everything is just right. I'll tell you this much, it's a replica of a game location. If you haven't played the game it's from, you really should. It's got the nostalgia factor going for it, at least for me. Last time I saw anyone play it was when I was six.

Unfortunately this idea has already been done in Halo Reach and Minecraft... although honestly, what hasn't been done in Minecraft? The things people do in creative mode and spend days straight building... ugh, I don't know what to think about it. Either way, I hope this'll be done before my Gold membership runs out on the 28th!

So let's say it's the start of the first day... heh.

Post #100... I thought it'd be a more joyous occasion. Alas, it is not. I bring you the casualty list.

The following files have been deleted:

TUMBLE RUMBLE (map and gametype)

TESSELATORIUM (map and gametypes)

LASERS (map and gametype)

HALO GEAR SOLID TRILOGY (maps and gametype)

Most of these files yielded very little downloads versus the amount of time they were uploaded, which is the reason why I scrapped them.

Tesselatorium remained unchanged since I uploaded it in... April, I think, and had only 5 downloads. There were issues with the gametypes too.

Tumble Rumble had only 1 download, and had a few issues with kill ball trajectory and soccer balls disappearing when they shouldn't.

Lasers had a grand total of 3 downloads, and something was wonky with the gametype and/or the map, which would break it entirely. I never did get a lot of positive feedback about it, which made it a good candidate for deletion.

I have been thinking of doing a complete overhaul of the Halo Gear Solid trilogy, so I shall take the opportunity now to do so.

The following files have survived:

SPACE INVADERS (map and gametype)

KAPPITAL IMPERIAL STADIUM (maps and gametype)

HOLY GAMELON ROUTE 666 (map and gametypes)

PORTAL TOWER (map)

KORIDAI (map)

MAESTRO'S SIEGE (map)

The reason why these files made the cut is the opposite of why the others were deleted: they yielded more downloads in their time on my file share. I may remake Space Invaders; I've wanted to add more decor and redo the tanks' cover for awhile but haven't gotten around to it.

I have plans for Kappital Imperial Stadium v1.01 or 1.11, which would simply be the exact same map only with loadout cams in different locations. Holy Gamelon Route 666 may get an update as well, as I've made a version that is compatible with the new (modded) Race gametype! For best results, play with huge Spartans and mini Ghosts.

Portal Tower is pretty popular despite the lack of effort I put into it... people like to fall I guess. This might also get an update and/or second version, which would be compatible with King of the Hill to make it a last man falling sort of map or make it Flood-capable. Who knows? Now that I have more file share slots again, I can resume mucking about with forge.

Koridai is somewhat popular, and I put a lot of effort into the map. So it will stay for now. I can only think of one thing that can be changed.

Maestro's Siege hasn't finished its trial month of file share time, but may also get the ax because it hasn't been downloaded a lot.

As I said long ago, my forging reign of terror has just started. Every single file that has survived is planned to get an update sometime in the future. And as mentioned before, I've got a big project underway right now. I cannot guarantee its completion before the 28th, however.

So while this post has bad news, it also contains good news, and hopes for the future. Expect bigger and better forgeries from Maestro! I HAVE RETURNED!

UPDATE

Well now, I've decided to put all my effort towards a completely original map. No ripping off other games for me! So far I'm happy with how it has turned out. Only half of the actual structure of the map is complete, and only a third of the budget has been used up. With the second third being allotted for the other identical structure, the final third can be devoted to fun stuff and decor! And by fun stuff, I mean that I'll be going out with a bang, as I don't know if I'll be renewing my Gold membership. M$ has been reminding me on the dashboard, wanting me to fork over more dough!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Since my Gold membership expired while I was building something, I could not finish another map. Until further notice, there shall be no new Maestro maps... which makes me sad. I had plans for a replica of Clock Town, an upside-down map, and another pirate map... none of which can be released now unless I decide to spend more on another year of Gold membership.

I actually don't know if I'll go on Live again for awhile. Aside from forging, multiplayer with strangers just outright sucked. Don't get me wrong, some playlists are a blast, like Action Sack and Flood and Grifball... however, multiplayer's a bigger blast with friends. And custom games are a riot. But most of the people on my friend list never played Halo while I was on. They were off playing CoD or Skycrack or watching something on Netflix, which left me all alone.

It's been fun... but don't expect me to be up to my forging shenanigans on Live anytime soon.

Wake me... when you need me.

• 2 months later...

Good news everyone! While I still do not have a gold membership, I have acquired Ricochet and have started tinkering around with it. The new Forgeball option has rekindled one of my favourite hobbies.

So basically... I have returned to the world of forging.

Good news everyone!

First off, why do I keep saying that? I guess I just like to deliver good news?

Second, I have a two-week free Gold membership card in my Halo 4 case that I have never used. So between now and Christmas, I figure I'll be forging like crazy to build some awesome maps and give everyone some nice Christmas goodies. If you happen to know me in person, which is extremely unlikely, you can stop by and have some peppermint bark when the yuletide season rolls around. :D

Third, I have started tinkering with Forgeball as I stated in my last post. So far I have an almost functional hockey gametype in the works, with my very own Kappital Imperial Stadium as the official testing ground! Everything works so far except for the puck despawning if it falls beneath the ice (which for some reason there are cracks you and the puck can fall into despite the overlapping dominion shields) or if it goes into the team benches. In Grifball, the ball despawns instantly if it hits a soft kill barrier, but not in Forgeball. One thing I can't get the hang of is aiming with the Gravity Hammer. I guess there's a reason why we don't play hockey with them, since the puck can go in pretty much any direction when you hit it. Or else maybe a Boltshot isn't an ideal object for a puck...

Finally, I regret to announce that Space Invaders and its gametype are next on death row. The numbers aren't high enough to warrant keeping them on my File Share. If they don't increase over the next little while, they're as good as gone.

So if anyone still reads this thread aside from myself, thanks for reading and have yourself a good one!

• 5 months later...

Oh boy, I haven't posted in this thread since I was a green member. That was quite some time ago! Anyways, I have a couple of maps to show off, and many more under construction.

WALLMART

The evil corporate giant has arrived in Halo 4... and it has brought the Plague with it. You must survive in the store after hours while hordes of monsters descend upon you!

post-71046-0-98404100-1395018025.png

Throughout the store, there are many tools critical to your survival. Although the shelves are nearly empty, you should be able to hold out.

post-71046-0-80811000-1395018039.png

Each cash register has a scanner (or Boltshot) to help thwart this imminent threat. Every centre aisle has one weapon, with no two weapons alike. Wing panels hold Magnums and Plasma Pistols, for your shopping and shooting convenience. The aisles at the right side of the store (looking from the office above the auto shop) contain different armour abilities, none of which respawn. Once you pick one up, you'd better hold onto it for dear life.

post-71046-0-85276900-1395018032.png

post-71046-0-47513600-1395018045.png

Fight or flight? The choice is yours, with three vehicles located throughout the store. Be careful, though: a vehicle does not guarantee safety! Navigating through the aisles can be dangerous, and the plague can attack from any angle!

post-71046-0-02509400-1395018052.png

post-71046-0-49567400-1395018059.png

When night falls, you will be in for the fight of your life! Never fear, though, power weapons are scattered around the store. You just have to know where to look...

post-71046-0-64557200-1395018065.png

...since you never know who or what might be watching you...

So yeah, it's a Flood map! More specifically, I had the Plague gametype in mind while making it, and I based it off the store I work in. It works best with a bunch of players. 10 would be the ideal number, but it can support 16 players. It has yet to be play-tested, but I have fixed a spawning issue.

KORIDAI v1.1

I presented this map to THFE's Tuesday Night Testing back in July. While it played beautifully, there were a couple of very nice suggestions given to me. Someone suggested a shipwreck in the middle...

post-71046-0-88569900-1395018018.png

...check! Someone else- I think it was AbleSirThomas- suggested that only one hill be used in the middle of the water to encourage movement...

post-71046-0-13599500-1395018000.png

post-71046-0-27643200-1395018005.png

...check! The Wraiths used to be hills, but due to camping shenanigans, they were repurposed as artillery. Also, the respawn points have been reworked. Instead of respawning on "Respawn Island", you now respawn on platforms behind your team's wharf inside a soft kill zone. And finally, I found the rats' nests to be overpowered...

post-71046-0-16853100-1395018011.png

...now they're not absurdly powerful. I have replaced the snipers in the rats' nests with a power weapon that alternates between games: it will be a Fuel Rod Cannon in one game, and an Incineration Cannon the next.

THANKS FOR READING ERRYBODY!

• Like 3