Make the games last longer

SSFrog

5-minute matches are boring. I should be able to play a 15-20 minute BTB match.

Double the score.

ok this seems a bad idea why

1 who is going to spend 20 minutes in a game this is to long

2 if you are having a bad game you are stuck with it

3 if you are have a good team with you then you will rank up so fast there is no point to the ranking system :thumbsup:

A lot of people don't have that kind of time for each match. Sometimes I only have like 20-30 minutes till I have to leave for work and I'd like to get 3-4, 5 games in if I'm lucky. There were games like that in BF3 where the score limit was 1K. That game took almost an hour. If a game lasts longer then 10-15 minutes in Halo I get bored quickly.

I think we should have another playlist that goes to say... 500-1000 points.

Maybe not that much, but certainly more. I say another playlist so people know that every game does last ages. For the credit thing, I only hit a max of 2991 every game I'm in, so I presume that is a maximum earned per game (without challenges/ commendations)

I think it would work better if it was on a new console, with possibility of 16v16 battles, allowing for larger maps, more vehicles and more enemies to kill.

Well, you get my point.

I would play a 20 minute game

If it is a Custom game on a 

1. Fun map

2. Fun gametype

3. With fun players

I mean, there has only been one game that has held by attention for over 15 minutes in 1 match (Apart from retarding on Cod) and its an intense, fast pased, skillful, game that also, should you choose to do it, can be really fun in terms of casual ness, allowing you to troll to immense proportions.

That being BF3, with servers running a game for about 2+ hours before switching maps.

here's why matches should be made longer

1. the score for most gametypes is too low and can be reached in a blink of an eye. 2,000-5,000 points would make
  2. longer matches such as 20+ mins gives more of a chance for more kills

a playlist suggestion

• 1 playlist with game modes that go to about 2k points have a time limit btwn 30-45 mins

downfalls

1. players quitting out just like they do now
  2. more complaints about matches being too long/score too high

time

• there can be plenty of time or not enough time, it all depends on what you do when you do it
  • like if your playing 30 mins before you have to get off, you can get 1-3 matches in
  • or if you dont have to get off for 8 hours, you got plenty of time for matches, even the super long ones

i do agree matches need to be longer. most of time im joining matches that are about 75% complete

343i seems to be catering to the wrong demographics. Why not just provide  single playlist for people who have hours on end? Or people who do not want to constantly be waiting for new people and new matches to be set-up?

Regular people stick to the 7-9 minute BTB matches, meanwhile there should be another playlist for people who want to play wacked-out fun BTB matches and can play a single match that can last 15-20 minutes.

If you're argument is that you want to play more matches, then why not play 15 games 2 minutes each instead?

That said, the whole matchmaking system pales in comparison to Reach. Bring in Spire damn it!

Guest Frogger24

Longer matches = more fun. lol

I don't know about you, but I like to finish my match. Whether it be win or lose; it doesn't matter. I still want to finish the match, and not have 5 minutes to do it.

Heck yes, the same for me. Win or lose I finish the game. I get the crap kicked out of me plenty and I still prefer longer matches.

having the games last longer will probably not yield many positive effects for the community. the games would be far too long, so they will eventually become dull and feel extremely repetitive to most players. Imagine having to play on the same map 3 games in row, each for 20 minutes. Would that not bore anyone to tears at that point??

Also, these games will allow players to boost for challenges in a nearly endless game, and then they will just quit after they complete their objectives. 343i has stated how they want to speed up gameplay in general, and doing this would only contradict their statements

having the games last longer will probably not yield many positive effects for the community. the games would be far too long, so they will eventually become dull and feel extremely repetitive to most players. Imagine having to play on the same map 3 games in row, each for 20 minutes. Would that not bore anyone to tears at that point??

Also, these games will allow players to boost for challenges in a nearly endless game, and then they will just quit after they complete their objectives. 343i has stated how they want to speed up gameplay in general, and doing this would only contradict their statements

Great, so those of use who couldn't give a flying.. flock, have to suffer for those who abuse the system (to what merit?)

I do recall Halo 2 being pretty awesome for the extended matches.

343 caters to every other category like  "classic"  and "swat" and "snipers", yet we can't get a decent long-battle game? Fine, don't count the XP or whatever. Just make a god damn playlist for people who don't care about anything except having a fun length match.