A simple request. A benefit for all.

BaconShelf

Groundbreaking idea, never done before...

Custom controls!

(Sarcasm above)

Seriously, instead of things like Recon, southpaw etc, wouldn't it be nice to be able map individual controls to buttons, allowing a user to have controls they are completely comfortable with!

Presets can still be there for people who don't need customised, but I would love this.

It is good for those who.. Want to recreate H3's controls better than Recon.

X-AA

RB-actions/reload

LB-change grenade

You get the idea. This means you can imitate another games controls so you don't reteach yourself how to play!

It has been done on SWBF, TF2, and many other games for console, so it can be done!

This is a simple idea, but I'm surprised no one has ever put this (that I can see)

• Like 7

Yes, but recon changes a bit every game when new controls are added in.

Then when they set a button for that control, it replaces another that you absolutely need to have on that button. Therefore being able to set your own hotkeys work for the best. By now most halo players should have a different button style, so it makes sense to allow everyone to have their own set.

I play this game called Maplestory, and when you press the "\" key you get the whole keyboard in a UI. You can literally change any key except the arrows, the screenshot, and the Enter buttons because they are defaulted. You can even change the "\" key to something else. Their reasons are because you ask anyone and they have a different way to play the game. I have a friend who puts all his buttons near the arrows, and both his hands are placed near there. i don't know why, but that's how he roles. Other people have different keyboards, so changing the layout works for them.

The same goes for xbox controllers, and how people's hands respond to different things. Playing BF3 for a few months and coming back to Halo also has a deep effect. I remember the days of MW2 (only one I played), and after a few months I got back into Halo 3... man, did I have ever press the wrong buttons all the time.

@Beastly I play with the Halo 3/ODST or Recon controls on all games, so I do not press wrong buttons all the time. I would like to be able to use the exact same controls every time.

Still, fair enough. Suppose default allows you to switch to other games better.

i usually do default but i like this idea too

Yes, but recon changes a bit every game when new controls are added in.

Then when they set a button for that control, it replaces another that you absolutely need to have on that button. Therefore being able to set your own hotkeys work for the best. By now most halo players should have a different button style, so it makes sense to allow everyone to have their own set.

I play this game called Maplestory, and when you press the "\" key you get the whole keyboard in a UI. You can literally change any key except the arrows, the screenshot, and the Enter buttons because they are defaulted. You can even change the "\" key to something else. Their reasons are because you ask anyone and they have a different way to play the game. I have a friend who puts all his buttons near the arrows, and both his hands are placed near there. i don't know why, but that's how he roles. Other people have different keyboards, so changing the layout works for them.

The same goes for xbox controllers, and how people's hands respond to different things. Playing BF3 for a few months and coming back to Halo also has a deep effect. I remember the days of MW2 (only one I played), and after a few months I got back into Halo 3... man, did I have ever press the wrong buttons all the time.

i love maple story and havent played it for years

i've always wondered why this feature has not been implimented in most shooters. It's a real pain having to learn a new control scheme for each game, and then i end up pressing the wrong buttons.

the only problem would probably be having the on-screen prompts to pick up weapons and so on. The game would have to pick up whatever button on the entire controller that you chose to do that action and show an icon for every player. I dont think this would be hard to create, but thats honestly the only problem that came to mind