Female Gamers : Opinions

GryffinGuy007

I'd like to first advise that I do not intend on starting or participating in any sexist discrimination or arguments, so please do not feel the freedom to do so. This is merely a friendly discussion between members of this community.

So to start, what are your opinions on female gamers? What are your views on female gamers in general? As for the very female gamers on this website, how do you view male gamers?

Do you picture an attractive woman, with a great personallity, or quite the opposite, when you hear them on the microphone? Is it an attractive quality?

You're probably wondering why I'm asking these rhetorical questions, and my answer to you is: curiosity. I'd like the community's views on female gamers, and male gamers alike.

I myself, have searched for a girl who I know has a great personality, and games as regularly as I do. I wouldn't want to be stuck with a girlfriend that won't allow me to do what I live for. I think I've found this girl, and hope to build up the courage to talk to her in person...

Anywho, please discuss. As stated above, do not cause any dramatically sexist arguments or comments, as I'd like this to be as friendly as possible.

Thank you, and enjoy the discussion.

I don't care if they're male or female.

Just who they are as a person.

I have found great male and female friends who I now and again play with, doesn't matter what gender, if they're a friend, they're a friend.

• Like 2

I've met quite a few. Some are nice, some are excellent players, and some are b****es.

Not many i know outside of Internet as gaming (where I live) tends to be looked down on.

Meh. If I do get a girlfriend, I'd look for someone who likes or is happy with me gaming. I know someone who was made to sell his Xbox or his girlfriend would dump him...

^ I don't blame her. You're in a relationship with your girlfriend, not the Xbox. If you want to sit around and play games then that is your perogative, but don't expect a girl to watch you juggle between her and the game.

I am sure dude was playing too much if the girlfriend was threatening to dump him anyway.

i met a female gamer on this site. her name is katthejedi and she is really nice. i got to know her by saying a happy birthday to her on this forum and she was the only one who replied back to me. we somehow got into this really big conversation and now we are good friends on face book. i just care about the personalities of who ever i talk to. she is a very nice girl though. and girls have rights too. any ways i also learned we live like 45 minutes away from each other. she is as much as a gamer as i am and we have a lot in common. so i just care about the personality of the person we talk to.

There is no cognitive difference between a male or female that would effect their ability to play a game so there's really nothing to think about. If anything, I might think of a girl gamer as somewhat special, because while many guys play games, girls are sometimes caught up in superficial things, and so it's somewhat uncommon to see a girl gamer. However when times change, and we shed ourselves of petty 'gender cliches', it will be an equal half guys half girls.

And let me assure you, when that glorious day comes, it won't matter what gender you are, no one will think any differently of you.

• Like 1

I have meet quite a few female "gamers" in real life and know them quite well. A lot of them are good players, and really create a great time. Other female gamers that I meet online are split. Most are really nice, but others are incredibly mean. 

And then there are those guys who pretend to be girls, uhhhh.