What changes would you like 343 to implement? and why?

NiiTRoXiiC x

Hi there,

These are my recent concerns when it comes to Matchmaking and what I would like to be changed.

The battle rifle.

I think the battle rifle needs to be a little stronger, when compared to the DMR, when it comes to finishing off the enemy. The DMR comes out on top due to it being one single clean headshot. However when it comes to using the BR it can take 1-3 to finish someone off and I find that very concering. The battle rifle should be a four shot, due to it's three burst and it's lack of range power should favour. However due to the DMR being much better in range, It should stay a five shot.

Flinch/Recoil

I don't like the idea of having flinch or recoil. In every other halo game besides reach there wasn't ever flinch/recoil and I find it highly annoying. When it comes to Rifle duels it should be about accuracy not about having to control the recoil all the time.

Like for the sniper for example; When i'm trying to snipe I don't want to have to worry that If I get shot at my scope will jitter upwards continously, Like team snipers; I find it fun to play but the whole idea of the recoil being so large when you get shot at is really bad.

Taking fire while scoping in.

In every halo game besides this one, You couldn't take fire whilst scoping in. It would force you to come straight out of your scope.  Taking that out, makes it so much easier for even social players to snipe people because let's face it all they have to do is wait until you walk into their line of sight, line up the headshot, and a easy kill.

I would much rather have the ability not to be able to take fire while scoping, than have my scope jittered up continously.

Lastly to finish this off,

Objective game modes.

For default, CTF and Oddball. The idea of throwing the ball and being able to have the ability to shoot while having the flag is great. The catch is, having infinite ammo makes it so much easier for the people with the flag to spawnkill repetitively.

For competitive game modes, Throwdown.

It should go back to old school Halo times, Flag juggling.

The option to be able to drop the flag and pick it up again should be implemented into the playlist instead of having the ability to shoot whilst holding the flag.

The ability to shoot whilst holding the flag isn't needed in objective game modes, it should be like original MLG settings, having someone to juggle the flag back to their base, using different methods, or shortcuts that the player may know of. Instead now the objective player can decide to play slayer and want to continously kill people with infinite ammo.

To summarise it all.

- BR to be a four shot

- Take flinch/recoil out.

- Take the ability to scope while being fired at out.

- for Default, CTF and team Objective, Make the Flag runner have normal ammo instead of infinite.

- For competitive, Implement Flag Juggling.

These are my personal concerns and why I personally think they should implemented.

Constructive criticism would be appreciated.

To conclude.

What changes would you like 343Industries to implent and why?

-NiiTRoXiiC x

- BR to be a four shot

- for Default, CTF and team Objective, Make the Flag runner have normal ammo instead of infinite.

-br a four shot no. 75% of the time the i use the dmr and im battling a br, i always lose the duel. if that were to happen than dmr should got up to 2 shot, otherwise you might as well only use 1 weapon thats overpowered

-theres a support upgrade that comes with a specialization called stablitly which steadies aim while taking incoming fire

-dont support. got very annoying on reach when i tried zooming in with the sniper and took fire and kept trying to scope but all it did was affect my aim. at least now i decide when i zoom in and out, not by those who shoot at me

-what your saying is on objective variants of ctf, you want infinite ammo while on standard ctf, you want no infnite ammo. i do agree that the flag holder should have normal ammo and not endless but the flag carrier cant use any other weapon other than a pistol and melee plus someone with a dmr/carbine/br could easily kill the carrier from a distance while not taking as much damage from the pistol

-flag juggling kinda exists, all you have to do is drop the flag when a teammamte is ready to recieve and you juggled. lol no, the flag is usually dropped and everyone usually rushes it, both allies and enemies

the only thing i want changed is the br to do less damage. everytime i face a br no matter what weapon i use, i always lose and it doesnt seem like a fair fight

Hi there,

These are my recent concerns when it comes to Matchmaking and what I would like to be changed.

The battle rifle.

I think the battle rifle needs to be a little stronger, when compared to the DMR, when it comes to finishing off the enemy. The DMR comes out on top due to it being one single clean headshot. However when it comes to using the BR it can take 1-3 to finish someone off and I find that very concering. The battle rifle should be a four shot, due to it's three burst and it's lack of range power should favour. However due to the DMR being much better in range, It should stay a five shot.

Flinch/Recoil

I don't like the idea of having flinch or recoil. In every other halo game besides reach there wasn't ever flinch/recoil and I find it highly annoying. When it comes to Rifle duels it should be about accuracy not about having to control the recoil all the time.

Like for the sniper for example; When i'm trying to snipe I don't want to have to worry that If I get shot at my scope will jitter upwards continously, Like team snipers; I find it fun to play but the whole idea of the recoil being so large when you get shot at is really bad.

Taking fire while scoping in.

In every halo game besides this one, You couldn't take fire whilst scoping in. It would force you to come straight out of your scope.  Taking that out, makes it so much easier for even social players to snipe people because let's face it all they have to do is wait until you walk into their line of sight, line up the headshot, and a easy kill.

I would much rather have the ability not to be able to take fire while scoping, than have my scope jittered up continously.

Lastly to finish this off,

Objective game modes.

For default, CTF and Oddball. The idea of throwing the ball and being able to have the ability to shoot while having the flag is great. The catch is, having infinite ammo makes it so much easier for the people with the flag to spawnkill repetitively.

For competitive game modes, Throwdown.

It should go back to old school Halo times, Flag juggling.

The option to be able to drop the flag and pick it up again should be implemented into the playlist instead of having the ability to shoot whilst holding the flag.

The ability to shoot whilst holding the flag isn't needed in objective game modes, it should be like original MLG settings, having someone to juggle the flag back to their base, using different methods, or shortcuts that the player may know of. Instead now the objective player can decide to play slayer and want to continously kill people with infinite ammo.

To summarise it all.

- BR to be a four shot

These are my personal concerns and why I personally think they should implemented.

Constructive criticism would be appreciated.

To conclude.

What changes would you like 343Industries to implent and why?

-NiiTRoXiiC x

and with that here i go

yes i do agree that the battlerifle needs a litle buff becase the dmr does dominte it a bit

i  dont mid flinch or recoil much or not bhing scoped out any more

next it is hard to kill witht he flag besides hitting players with it more unaccrute but does more of a puch good trade off

and yes maybe just for the comtive playist flag juggling but i dont mind i have gotten used to it dont hear the annoucer constanley saying flagstolen flag dropped flag stolen

Good topic here :D

Couple of things though. If you're losing fights to the BR that means you've chosen to put yourself in that weapon's premium range which is short to mid range so you've GOT to get that first DMR shot in as it has a slower firing rate. I do my warm ups against a kid who is running on the AGL tour, that'll get you going. He favors the DMR, I favor the BR and they're generally close games. He always wins lolol but I like getting pumped up when I get ready to run.

Flinch, um, yeah. Gimme a break. That's seriously broken. I absolutely agree. Isn't this armor supposed to be an improvement? That takes it down to ODST levels. Derp.

Flag juggling for the WIN!! I used to love to throw the flag across on narrows and stay behind and defend the lift or toss it and then jump through behind it strafing either the lift or top mid. Flag juggling opens up your creativity. Tosses and such. :D

Flag/pistol. Yeah, that needs to go away. Sorry but you can go to Amazon and get a modded controller and absolutely wreck folks with the flag pistol. Just another example of not thinking things through.

• Like 1

to many things to even begin to list so ill just agree with what you said.

heres a few important ones accutaly

Social interaction. -  I'd like to beable to conversate with the other team at all  times unless ranked play where it should be able to conversate before and after the match . This feature alone  is big and would bring back many players.

visable ranking system - obvious

No more of taking spartans abilities away and making them into a perks - They need to Stop getting rid of A Supersoilders abilities and turn them into perks only for them to be countered by another perk. supply,flinch ect. Get rid of it they suck and ruin more gameplay. go back to what made halo halo. 

2-3 person watching videos - when i was bad in halo 3 my friends would rewatch my videos and points out what i did wrong with Improved me drasticly. Now We can't watch anything when the game messes up we have to send them to video to watch it to much for for a simple feature and game in 2007 was able to add.

Edited by TornadoFlame
  • Like 1

Get rid of the Join in Progress, loadouts and perks........If we wanted to play CoD we would buy/play CoD........IMO

I personally just bought Halo4 for the Campaign.......I knew the MM was going to suck.  I hope they focus more on the Campaign in H5,  6-8 hrs. to finish Campaign is no good......the graphics are awesome but length of play bites

Agree with Br-suggestions above. Make it four shot, or speed up bursts a bit. This would do aswell. Make Dmr the obvious choice on longer distances, Br the mid distance king. Keep Ar power as is.

+ fixed load outs, weapons on map, Ar/Pistol starts default

+ make spawn times a tad longer

+ remove skill based matchmaking, pair up on connect alone, even up teams based on previous lobby match results

+ weaken the Mantis, it ruins Ragnarok (yes it does!)

+ try in any way possible to have less power weapons at once, reduce drops or whatever. Something needs to be done!

+ invest in the Halo-franchise & the 720, put a big stab at Activision heart (COD), and give away the map packs for free now!!

Oh one last thing; jetpack needs a bigger boost

• Like 1

Loving the ideas and different concers coming from this topic I've made.

343 have so many things to implement

so far overviewing everyone's concerns

- Flag juggling should be implemented/ Some people prefer no flag juggling due to the announcer looping phrases alot.

- Flinch should be taken out; Totally unneccesary.

- Social Interaction in social playlists, all communication between both teams.

-The whole pistol & Flag combo should be taken out/ People favour the pistol & Flag combo due to unadequate team mates.

- A ranking system similiar to Halo 3 and reach/ No ranking system based on skill.

- Take out specializations and keep to just having normal armor abilities like Halo reach.

- Theater mode should be like halo 3; Many people can view a flim/clip in the same lobby again.

-Implement objective game modes into Big team game modes.

- No join in progress, Loadouts and perks.

- Campaign needs to have more gameplay time overall.

- Battle rifle to be buffed to a 4shot kill or increased fire-rate.

- Make spawn times slightly longer

- Fixed loadouts and weapon ordanance on the map.

- Weaken the Mantis; Overpowered on Ragnarok.

- Reduce the amount of power weapons at one time, or make ordanance require more points to be gained.

- Make all DLC free instead of having to pay.