will destiny be the end of halo forever

Caboose The Ace

after seeing the first bungie vidoc on it and leaked content coming out about it and the ign anlais im starting to thing destiny may just be the end of halo becase many peaple are not happy with halo 4 and many peaple say halo 3 was halos golden age but destiny is made by bungie and countless peaple have said i want bungie back and stuff like back and many peaple who hate halo now have nothing to do now so im thinging destiny will end halo forever

but what do u think about all this

Destiny will not be the end of halo. I believe Destiny is going to feel more like Mass Effect and Fallout with RPG elements. Not like the hardcore shooter Halo 2 and 3 was. If Destiny becomes a first person shooter expect it to be like Reach because Bungie said that Reach was everything they ever wanted in Halo. :3

:gsd:

• Like 3

It will certainly compete, there are not many sci-fi FPS on the market for consoles right now. I feel it will compete, but be completely different. So far, it looks like its part Fallout, part halo and part MMORPG. I will certainly buy it, but it will not stop me from halo.

Halo is Halo. Destiny is NOT Halo. They are going to compete with eachother, like Bacon said, but they're different games too.

Also, people are getting way too excited and already expecting perfection from Destiny, even though all we see is just a couple of talking head segments and some concept art. The gameplay is mostly just a first person camera of the skyboxes/landscapes. We haven't seen anything yet. Let's wait until E3 to decide.

It will certainly compete, there are not many sci-fi FPS on the market for consoles right now. I feel it will compete, but be completely different. So far, it looks like its part Fallout, part halo and part MMORPG. I will certainly buy it, but it will not stop me from halo.

It is not going to be a MMORPG. So far I am seeing a something like borderlands with more people and lobbies around 16 people.

I honestly think that Destiny will surpass Halo. A lot of people will have faith in Bungie as they have already made the successful Halo title. Majority of people can agree that Halo's popularity has taken a nosedive. If 343i doesn't amaze with Halo 5, then Destiny might surpass it.

I really am not impressed at all yet, halo will def. stay on for 5 and 6, but destiny looks so different i really don't see a problem. At this point, i don't see it becoming the next halo at all.

Also, think of this from a marketing standpoint. The average xbox owner has no idea who bungie is, so saying Destiny by bungie doesn't help, they do that all the time with movies and who actually has been like from the director of tokyo drift?!!? gotta see that.

And activision, a smaller company than microsoft, has just a game to sell here. Yes call of duty took over halo but not until it was an established franchise.

Microsoft is a HUGE company who has a SYSTEM to sell with Halo 5. The marketing for it is going to be unreal, with name recognition, one of the worlds largest companies backing it and a 8 year development of the 720, its gonna be huge. Activision will put all their might into Destiny, but its a brand new ip, they don't have to backing microsoft has and they have time, like with call of duty or even halo, to grow the brand.

Halo 5 will have no issues selling copies.