Ever Run Into People Working Together On Regi?

FleshBack

I have had a few games like this already where there will be two people camping on a corner on Haven and Adrift and teamshotting anybody that gets close. And one of them will be king, so people will just rush them and feed them kills like a bloodthirsty lion. Quite annoying.

I have also seen the inverse of this. I was King on Adrift and was holding the corner myself. Then all of the sudden I see three blips coming at me on my radar at once through one of the tunnels. I threw a frag and was able to kill one and cleaned up the other two, winning me the game. However, when I watched it in theater from their perspective, I actually seen them all group together and run side-by-side as if they were all united by the singular purpose of killing me. It was so unexpected because I hadn't noticed anyone working together during the bulk of the game, but I doubt that the ambush was unintentional. No randoms just run in a group of 3 to bumrush the king. Weird.

Has this happened to anybody else or is it just me cuz I play too much FFA?

Sure happens now and then, funny thing is whenever I play wih mates we tend to focus on killing each other too much and often let someone win as a result haha..

I have also seen games where people are boosting etc. regicide is always vulnerable to this type of stuff being as players are auto against each other, it is very easy for a few o gain an advantage..

i do this with my friend because we can socialy interact with the other people. I've had people talk crap to me claiming they were millionares and College Players going into the nfl draft such it is very funny. We do kill each other Sometimes. But Mostly it is for fun. We usualy just stay away from each other and clear the map out cause we are both pretty soild players.

Smack talk is fun and can sometimes have unexpected consequences. A beautiful winter day a few days before christmas i was as usuall dominating in a game of regicide. One of my opponents started complaining in the post game lobby about my effective use of the Jet Pack. I called him a little butt hurt *** and so on. He said he wasn't butt hurt at all that day but that he didn't mind being a little butt hurt every now and then. What!? I said? He explained that he liked to get a fat **** in his ******* at times. The rest is history and we married in Canada last week. So the next time someone talks smack to you remember this story and just go for it. It might be the best thing you ever done!

Edit: Im just kidding ;)

Twice for me. They made their colors pink so they knew who was who. The first time I ran into them I lost by 10pts. So it was 4v1 pretty much. A few days later I ran into another 4 pink players working together on regicide haven an I actually owned em all. It was a headache being outgunned and always taking on at least 2 people at a time, but it all worked out in the end. Honestly it does suck though.

Don't think I've seen any actively working together, but I imagine there's plenty of people going in with 3 guests and no-one playing them.

I have also seen the inverse of this. I was King on Adrift and was holding the corner myself. Then all of the sudden I see three blips coming at me on my radar at once through one of the tunnels. I threw a frag and was able to kill one and cleaned up the other two, winning me the game. However, when I watched it in theater from their perspective, I actually seen them all group together and run side-by-side as if they were all united by the singular purpose of killing me. It was so unexpected because I hadn't noticed anyone working together during the bulk of the game, but I doubt that the ambush was unintentional. No randoms just run in a group of 3 to bumrush the king. Weird.

To be fair, this is a legit way to play Regicide. I'm sure we've all been annoyed when we're playing Oddball FFA or something similar and we're headed to the objective when some fool starts unloading his gun into our back. He's not getting many points and he's denying you points at the same time.

Regicide is an objective gametype. Sure you CAN get points for just killing each other but the KING is the objective. Smart players will realize fighting people other than the king frequently just slows them down and weakens them. Smart players will fight over who is KING. It's only because FFA players play every damn game the same way that Regicide normally plays like regular Slayer.

FFA players don't think much, they just charge forward and shoot the first thing they see that's moving. Some people will say "smart players don't play that way" but the fact is most players aren't smart. Statistically most will be average, and then a bunch will be stupid, leaving a minority of intelligent players. I didn't get to 50 in Halo 3 Lone Wolves, I got to 44, and it took about that long for players to stop charging forward shooting everything that moves. Numerically I was within the top 15% of players, which means it was a minority above me.