Didact Dead or Alive?

XenoPrometheanRunnerX98

A grenade was planted in his chest, exploded, which led him to falling off a bridge into a forerunner weapon of mass destruction, and plummet down to the earth. 

You know, logically, I'm pretty sure he'd be dead...

But then again, he's the didact. 343 will most likely keep him alive in some impossible way.

1) The pulse grenade didn't even make him bleed; it just stunned/immobilized him.

2) The Didact is immune to the effects of the Composer.

3) He was sent into a slipspace rupture, which would have transported him elsewhere; possibly to Requiem but also, more likely, to another Forerunner installation.

• Like 2

1) The pulse grenade didn't even make him bleed; it just stunned/immobilized him.

3) He was sent into a slipspace rupture, which would have transported him elsewhere; possibly to Requiem but also, more likely, to another Forerunner installation.

The truth has been spoken!

Not to mention he was wearing the helmet + all of the armor on when he got implanted.

Heck the Pulse gernade doesn't even kill Spartans when it first explodes you have to wait for the 2nd discharge to kill someone with full shields(and thats if they get hit by both explosions). I am sure the Didact had much superior shields compared to MC. 

• Like 1

The truth has been spoken!

Not to mention he was wearing the helmet + all of the armor on when he got implanted.

Heck the Pulse gernade doesn't even kill Spartans when it first explodes you have to wait for the 2nd discharge to kill someone with full shields(and thats if they get hit by both explosions). I am sure the Didact had much superior shields compared to MC. 

True

His death was too rushed and it ended way to quickly to be his actual demise. A most likely teleport or quick travel to another forerunner structure (maybe one of his monoliths.). I doubt we've seen the last of him... You don't introduce the last Forerunner and just kill him in the same game.

I agree. It is almost definite for him to return.

It depends, in the game I thought it showed him being a bad a** . So why would he die so easily and suddenly? Exactly he's probably still alive, and planning something. Maybe he will be in the new Halo. But as I was saying I thought he looked pretty beast and I wondered why didn't he fight back? It would have been more better to see a beast fight, Didact vs. Master Chief, but maybe they are planning that for the next Halo.

It depends, in the game I thought it showed him being a bad a** . So why would he die so easily and suddenly? Exactly he's probably still alive, and planning something. Maybe he will be in the new Halo. But as I was saying I thought he looked pretty beast and I wondered why didn't he fight back? It would have been more better to see a beast fight, Didact vs. Master Chief, but maybe they are planning that for the next Halo.

He couldn't fight back, Cortana used the hardlight bridge to hold him down whilst Chief planted the pulse grenade into him. He couldn't fight back. According to what he said at the end of Halo 4, I'm guessing that his plan is to destroy humanity. When we see him again I don't think he will have a calm manner like he did in Halo 4, I think he's going to be full of rage. I think he will be really determined to end humanity and will use any means necessary, no matter what.

• 3 weeks later...

Initially I would not believe the Ur is still alive, but I can't think of who else would be the antagonist in the next games, probably not the Iso.

I think he is alive because he is immune to the effects of the composer and we hear him talking at the end of Halo 4. I bet he will return eventually. Master chief only wounded him slightly with the pulse grenade. No where near enough to kill him.

• 1 month later...

I'm really not bothered with the character, he didn't interest me too much (At first, maybe but now that I think about it, not really). He should just stay dead, no need to bring him back. After seeing and experiencing John 117 chase a huge ball around for a while, I'd be sick of it if I seen it or him again.

I'm really not bothered with the character, he didn't interest me too much (At first, maybe but now that I think about it, not really). He should just stay dead, no need to bring him back. After seeing and experiencing John 117 chase a huge ball around for a while, I'd be sick of it if I seen it or him again.

I know how feel. He isn't really dead in first place though so I guess we still have another game to deal with him. ;) The story of the Forerunners is extremely complicated but interesting when we learn more about it. I personally found it to be really interesting and different to what we usually see. :)

I know how feel. He isn't really dead in first place though so I guess we still have another game to deal with him. ;) The story of the Forerunners is extremely complicated but interesting when we learn more about it. I personally found it to be really interesting and different to what we usually see. :)

Yeah, there's a lot about them I don't understand, haha. I mean, the Didacts death was pitiful at best, when I actually think about the scene again... he should definitely be alive. How he survived I'd never guess but there you are, come at me Halo 5!

Yeah, there's a lot about them I don't understand, haha. I mean, the Didacts death was pitiful at best, when I actually think about the scene again... he should definitely be alive. How he survived I'd never guess but there you are, come at me Halo 5!

He is immune to the effects of the Composer, it would not kill him. The pulse grenade only wounded him. At the end of Halo 4 on Legendary, you hear the Ur-Didact talking about how the Human race should be eradicated. Apparently the Forerunner trilogy teaches you a lot. I haven't read any of the books but apparently they are really interesting and complicated. I'm guessing they can be kind of confusing at first. ;)

• Like 1

My theory is, he is alive, he fell into some sort of slip pace rupture and it wouldnt kill him unless it closed on him if he was half in it. I believe he is still alive and will make an appereance in the next games, or he might just be mentioned and not shown until the true final game.

I don't know if i've heard it right but in one of the Video's of Halo 5 Follower said that he was claimed Dead.   :P

You can't always trust what he says. Halo5follower is not a reliable source. He mostly just gives predictions of what could happen. He backs it up with evidence but isn't necessarily correct all the time.