Upcoming Competitive playlist

TornadoFlame

I'm not sure if this is here but ill go ahead and post it. https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst182645_Upcoming-Competitive-Playlist.aspx

As we first told you in the 12.12.12 Halo Bulletin, ( http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/12/12/The-Halo-Bulletin-121212.aspx ) we have been hard at work on a competitive playlist featuring heavily modified versions of Slayer, CTF, Extraction and King of the Hill. This playlist will launch before CSR (mid-February) and we envision it as both the go-to place for competitive play and the premier playlist to get your 50 in. We’ve been paying close attention to the competitive community’s settings while building this playlist, and will continue to do so both pre- and post-playlist launch. We will share the first outline of the settings next week to collect community feedback and perfect the competitive playlist before going live. The name of this playlist is still TBD - please feel free to give us suggestions.

Some early details on this playlist:

• 4 vs 4
    Pre-set game loadouts
    Forced respawn timers
    No instant respawn
    Ordnance on re-supply timers
    Join-in-progress off
    No split-screen play
    Friendly fire on
    Max party size 4 with big party matching enforced
    No guests allowed

We’ll be keeping a close eye on AGL this weekend and the settings they are using at this tournament. Please continue to provide feedback as it helps us fine-tune and perfect your Matchmaking experience, and thank you, as always, for your continued support.

• Like 1

YES 343i. Finally, probably the smartest move you have made with Halo 4, an ultimate next step to improving the game would be implementing a visible trueskill system. Anyways, I love how they actually hear the community and aren't "corporate blockheads/walls" like other people may say they are. They even went to the extent of watching AGL to find out what works and what's better.

Great job!

-Inversion

Once this is released this will be the ONLY playlist that I ever play in Halo 4 xD

Sounds like they have figured out what is needed to improve the gameplay and provide a base of operations for the countless disappointed fans. This playlist has a chance at being a very popular one. I also imagine that the population for this playlist would likely dwarf the infinity slayer population and send a very big message to 343i about what the community wants.

• Like 1

What about the Radar? God help me if Radar is on. If it is it should at least be dropped to 25m. And is it BR start or will there be a choice between BR and DMR like on some of the competitive settings being played? If so, why would anyone pick a BR over a DMR besides tryhards looking for bragging rights? All these questionsnand no answers.

What about the Radar? God help me if Radar is on. If it is it should at least be dropped to 25m. And is it BR start or will there be a choice between BR and DMR like on some of the competitive settings being played? If so, why would anyone pick a BR over a DMR besides tryhards looking for bragging rights? All these questionsnand no answers.

they said they were gonna watch the agl tournament to get a idea of all this basically mlgV1 settings were used Lets hope its Br start and dmr on the map. My issue is JIP i think if you dc you should beable to rejoin the game.

DMR should definitely be a pickup weapon. I just don't see a reason for it not to be.!If you want a DMR, learn where it spawns and fight for it like people do for the sticky detonator or sniper.

It would be cool if they allowed custom skins on the BR and magnum if you have them unlocked.

What about the Radar? God help me if Radar is on.

It says competitive gameplay and I have the exact same thought process as you. This game will still be trash if rader/motion tracker is left on.

Look at how sad 343 is, their forums have been down for almost a week, a freaking week!

If it's a competitive playlist then I doubt Radar will be on. And if they look at the loud outs for MLG then the Bolt Shot WILL be in there and the DMR will be a start weapon for a loud out as well as the BR.

I'll be very glad once this playlist is added. The Pro playlist wasn't around long enough for me to get into it so it'll be nice to get into some games where randoms will actually be as good as me.

If it's a competitive playlist then I doubt Radar will be on. And if they look at the loud outs for MLG then the Bolt Shot WILL be in there and the DMR will be a start weapon for a loud out as well as the BR.

I'll be very glad once this playlist is added. The Pro playlist wasn't around long enough for me to get into it so it'll be nice to get into some games where randoms will actually be as good as me.

Just cuz they are playing in a competitive playlist doesn't mean they will be on the same skill level.