How do you guys beat the campaign on Legendary I cant seem to Surviv

RelevantEagle22

Me too I finished the campaign in legendary and it wasn't very hard. If you want to beat it in legendary, you have to know the best way to kill each enemy. Exemple: if there is a Promethean Knight, don't shoot him with an assault rifle. He will surely kill you. To kill him, use the plasma pistol to remove his shield. then headshot him with a precision weapon. So it become easy to kill the promethean knights. You have to do the same thing with the Elites. When you will know the best way to kill each enemy, you will do the campaign legendary very easily.

I beat it. The first half of the game on legendary (solo of course) was reasonably challenging however the second half of the campaign got easier. Mostly its a matter of knowing when to conserve ammo and when to let them have it. Work on the little guys and the Watchers first (the flying things) then you shouldnt have much of a problem.

Knights only spawn one Watcher a piece so take the Watchers out and you wont have to worry about them reviving the Knights or summoning more Crawlers to fight you. With them gone it becomes a battle of attrition. Something most people can win.

• 2 weeks later...

It's super easy. Always keep a plasma pistol and carbine/light rifle/BR/DMR (preferably in that order). When you enter an area make sure you won't be flanked. (Knights are famous for this) next start taking out watchers. 5 hits usually does the trick. Next headshot all grunts, crawlers, in shielded jackals. For shield jackals hit the open part to make them flinch backwards. Then headshot window is wide open. For all elites overcharged plasma pistol and a single shot to the head every time. Prometheans can be killed a few ways. Best way is to deploy a sentry Amor Ability. Watch the knight to see when his shield pops. Then 2 or 3 hits to head will do the trick. Another tactic is to get somewhat close and throw in a pulse grenade. As soon as it explodes try the same headshot tactic. Hunters are tough but dumb as rocks (especially compared to Reach) try stocking them with a couple of plasmas. Shotgun to the back as always. There will always be a fuel rod cannon when you encounter hunters. Except for the hunters on the UNSC space station. But there are a lot of shotguns. The most recommended armor ability is Auto Sentry. Pay attention to knights that use it. Take it off the ground right after you kill him. Also watch out for crawlers and knights with red halos around third heads. If you see this RUN! These are snipers. One hit kill instantly. And it takes 2 perfect head shots with the particle cannon to kill a knight. Message me back if you need any help. Any mission any part :-)

Patience and knowing when to avoid a fight. These saved me a lot of aggravation when doing some of the longer levels with a lot of knights. Also know what weapons to use to kill each type of enemy. Knights are bullet sponges so it's best to use a Bolt Shot or a charged plasma pistol to remove it's shield quickly and get the head shots.

I remember two things that were challenging about the legendary campaign:

1. The segment right after the covenant and forerunners start fighting there is a room where you first see an elite who runs to a banshee. Getting in that banshee and flying high got me killed so many times. I finally got it right, twice now I've beaten that segment, a different way both times. The first time I had massive amounts of trial and error so I eventually got things thinned out in such a way that I could use the banshee to kill everything. The second time I just flew low and fuel rodded the cores, then flew up to the bridge, landed on it and went to the objective avoiding most of the enemies (had a few skulls active).

2. Knights in general are pretty tough. However you can use variations on "noob combos" to take them out, although they tend to need a few more headshots than one. I also got good at baiting them into warp-charging me when I had a shotgun of some kind. I'd attack them at mid-range with a clean line between us, eventually the A.I. decides I'm ripe for the melee, charges, and I whip out my shotgun and kill them.

Once you include skulls and such for the challenges you end up better off avoiding conflicts a lot and sneaking around a bunch.

Your best why to beat Halo on Legendary is understand the game, the enemies and weapons. I don't know If I can guide this one on Enemies like I did for Reach.

But basically rules still apply, DON'T RUSH, use the right weapon for the job, keep an eye on your surroundings and plan ahead and don't rage when you get killed repeatedly, you need a calm, cool and focused mind to beat this