Can't believe I am saying this but...

Destroyaaa

Up to this point, I enjoyed Halo Reach more than Halo 4. Yes you have heard me correctly. Halo Reach had fantastic big team battle maps and had objective gametypes in big team, which for some unknown reason halo 4 does not have. The anniversary maps and the anniversary playlist with the pistol was a blast. Here are the things that I enjoy in halo in no particular order-

1. Ranking system

2. Battle Rifle

3. MLG

4. Big Team battle

5. Team snipers

What do we have in halo 4? No ranking system, no MLG, bad big team battle, no snipers. Yes it has the BR so thats Reach with 4 points to Halo 4 with 1 point. DING DING DING, and the winner is Halo reach.

Okay I admit I liked the halo 4 campaign, but thats not why I play halo. I play it for the many options available in forge and custom games, and the competitive multiplayer. Reach was better in both categories so far. It truly saddens me that I no longer want to play Halo 4. Even when this ranking system comes out, its not in the game... I am going to move on and play other games.

• Like 1

halo 4 is a great game 343 contine to patch and update the game each week with more sparten ops epsiodes each week to boot what else could u ask for

1. Ranking system we have one

3. MLG its coming bravo tweeted there almost done

4. Big Team battle nothing wrong with it

5. Team snipers 343 are bringing new and improved team snipers

Up to this point, I enjoyed Halo Reach more than Halo 4. Yes you have heard me correctly. Halo Reach had fantastic big team battle maps and had objective gametypes in big team, which for some unknown reason halo 4 does not have. The anniversary maps and the anniversary playlist with the pistol was a blast. Here are the things that I enjoy in halo in no particular order-

1. Ranking system

2. Battle Rifle

3. MLG

4. Big Team battle

5. Team snipers

What do we have in halo 4? No ranking system, no MLG, bad big team battle, no snipers. Yes it has the BR so thats Reach with 4 points to Halo 4 with 1 point. DING DING DING, and the winner is Halo reach.

Okay I admit I liked the halo 4 campaign, but thats not why I play halo. I play it for the many options available in forge and custom games, and the competitive multiplayer. Reach was better in both categories so far. It truly saddens me that I no longer want to play Halo 4. Even when this ranking system comes out, its not in the game... I am going to move on and play other games.

reach is not better in both catagories. reach's campagin while entertaining contradicts halo books, cantradicts halo2, cantradicts halo1, cantradicts halo 3. it took the awsome story line that so many had work on and dragged it through the mud in a pig pen. so now if anyone takes reach campaign seriously their understanding of the halo story is covered in mud and pig ****.

that being said reach's multiplay was fun. thing that ruin reach multiplayer 1 quitt bann, 2 armor lock. 3. no true skill system.

things that ruin h4's multiplayer 1 quit bann 2 no true skill system 3. some say dmr too powerful.(I say dmr is fine but br is too weak)

Why not just play objective games in... not big team? Capflag is phenomenal, and Dominion is amazing. Plus you get to play the smaller maps, which is a welcome relief from the 3 maps in Big Team rotation.

Halo 4 iz dope.

i completly agree excpet h4 being dope, i would say it is ok.

also what do you guys think about the br/dmr comment? should option 1 dmr get nerfed or 2 br get beefed up(on range and accuracy not damage).

http://halocharts.co...lpopulation/all

This game will not last in the top 10 of activity 3 months from now, same course Reach took. Wake up 343, remember what they saying is about first impressions? Gamers are not stupid we will not forget the negligence shown for the Halo brand name.

http://www.digitalspy.ca/gaming/news/a453025/black-ops-2-minecraft-top-2012-xbox-live-activity-charts.html?rss

Looks to me like Halo is doing just fine...

Sure, if you compare it to its own numbers immediately after launch its not going to look great... but compared to every other game on XBOX LIVE, Halo 4 i currently the third most played game.

And considering the trends in that chart you posted, those numbers are easily sustainable.

Apparently, not everyone is feeling betrayed... or whatever.

Why not just play objective games in... not big team? Capflag is phenomenal, and Dominion is amazing. Plus you get to play the smaller maps, which is a welcome relief from the 3 maps in Big Team rotation.

Halo 4 iz dope.

Your just avoiding the issue. Theres clearly a problem with bad big maps, not enough big maps, and no objective. If you don't like big team battle at all then thats one thing. I happen to have really enjoyed it in previous halo titles, and this one is completely botched.

http://www.digitalsp...charts.html?rss

Looks to me like Halo is doing just fine...

Sure, if you compare it to its own numbers immediately after launch its not going to look great... but compared to every other game on XBOX LIVE, Halo 4 i currently the third most played game.

And considering the trends in that chart you posted, those numbers are easily sustainable.

Apparently, not everyone is feeling betrayed... or whatever.

3rd to a game that came out a year ago wow.... How can you feel good about this? This is HALO 2 cod games are beating it. halo should be top or number 2 Easyly But 343 just didn't do enough right. i bet minecraft will beat it in a month just wow.. i miss when people had expectations for games and not just live with whatever crap was rushed out and be "ok" with it.

3rd to a game that came out a year ago wow.... How can you feel good about this? This is HALO 2 cod games are beating it. halo should be top or number 2 Easyly But 343 just didn't do enough right. i bet minecraft will beat it in a month just wow.. i miss when people had expectations for games and not just live with whatever crap was rushed out and be "ok" with it.

Yes, in a perfect wimsical world everyone would play Halo and nobody would play Black Ops....

But, here in the real world, Black Ops is the most played game regardless of what console your on, and Minecraft is the second most played game for all the obvious reason (appeal to casual gamers, kids, and pure infinite fun).

Halo is not on top... so what? Who said it would be? Its a great game, its in third, people are playing it... I fail to see the problem.

Your just avoiding the issue. Theres clearly a problem with bad big maps, not enough big maps, and no objective. If you don't like big team battle at all then thats one thing. I happen to have really enjoyed it in previous halo titles, and this one is completely botched.

Previous titles all I played was Big Team, and i still do most of the time, but I've come to appreciate the other game modes, mostly Dominion, and besides... there are no "real problems". just problems you think your having. Other ppl are playing just fine... as demonstrated by the numbers.

Yes, in a perfect wimsical world everyone would play Halo and nobody would play Black Ops....

But, here in the real world, Black Ops is the most played game regardless of what console your on, and Minecraft is the second most played game for all the obvious reason (appeal to casual gamers, kids, and pure infinite fun).

Halo is not on top... so what? Who said it would be? Its a great game, its in third, people are playing it... I fail to see the problem.

Previous titles all I played was Big Team, and i still do most of the time, but I've come to appreciate the other game modes, mostly Dominion, and besides... there are no "real problems". just problems you think your having. Other ppl are playing just fine... as demonstrated by the numbers.

have you played halo 3 and reach and saw there population numbers?

"here are no "real problems". just problems you think your having."

4.5million people purchased this game there is only 40-50k online now so clearly the majority sees a issue.

side question i looked at that chart and it showed skyrim there? i didnt know they had live.

• Like 1

No offense but are you living under a rock? You say you played previous halo titles and you truly believe there are no "real problems?"

Just to name a few things that I would call problems (not counting ordiance and all that, thats up for debate)...

-Very few custom game options

-No file browser

-No ranking system

-Rotational playlists, no playlists that we have had in every single game but this one (ex. team doubles)

-No MLG

-Boltshot

Oh and by the way, I tried and I tried to give this game a chance. Im currently a SR-46 I think. There are simply other games out that I like more than halo 4.

• Like 1

No offense but are you living under a rock? You say you played previous halo titles and you truly believe there are no "real problems?"

Just to name a few things that I would call problems (not counting ordiance and all that, thats up for debate)...

-Very few custom game options

-No file browser

-No ranking system

-Rotational playlists, no playlists that we have had in every single game but this one (ex. team doubles)

-No MLG

-Boltshot

Those exact issues have always been issues... every Halo game has had issues online. I'm just happy they fixed it so that people who quite get replaced. People always have problems with one or two of the weapons... and people will always have problems with the matchmaking system, because it is inherently restrictive... and they always manage to bone it one way or another. In Reach I always hated how the objective BTB games were mixed in with TDM, and they fixed it.

Quite frankly, I think Halo 4 is great, a step in the right direction, and a ball to play. That is all.

Those exact issues have always been issues... every Halo game has had issues online. I'm just happy they fixed it so that people who quite get replaced. People always have problems with one or two of the weapons... and people will always have problems with the matchmaking system, because it is inherently restrictive... and they always manage to bone it one way or another. In Reach I always hated how the objective BTB games were mixed in with TDM, and they fixed it.

Quite frankly, I think Halo 4 is great, a step in the right direction, and a ball to play. That is all.

yes i Love when i join a game losing 10-20 or when I'm i need a teammate and its a close game and the game never gives me one. they ruined matchmaking system this time sadly and Majority of fans agree otherwise this games population would atleast represent a 1/4 or 1/2 of who bough it not a 1/100. But it is your opionon and all that counts is you enjoy it. But expect to see most of these features gotten rid of halo 5 If Not i don't see alot of people wasting cash.

Here is the update history for halo 2 and 3, I couldn't find a Halo Reach link but they did the TU that got rid of Bloom.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_2_Auto-Updates

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_3_Title_Updates

Heres the deal. There were obviously problems in these games, the moral of the story is that most of the time they were resolved. There was never a ranking system added to Halo Reach, which is pretty much the only thing that I didn't like in that game (and the DMR but I can live with that). The community has been begging and pleading with 343i for changes to be made to Halo 4 and all we hear is "were working on it" or "next week" or "next month."

This game was released as a beta and if this game was actually ready to come out, sure there would be little problems here and there that would arise, but not like this where theres a whole bunch of problems that noone is addressing.

I use the BR, personally. I would say keep it as is, doesn't seem like a big issue to me. If you think the DRM is OP... use it?

i do use it, i like it alot, but lots of others complain, and want it nerfed. i don't think it should be nerfed,if nerfing it has to be considered i think they should instead make br better.

have you played halo 3 and reach and saw there population numbers?

"here are no "real problems". just problems you think your having."

4.5million people purchased this game there is only 40-50k online now so clearly the majority sees a issue.

side question i looked at that chart and it showed skyrim there? i didnt know they had live.

did you take in to acount the people that are currently at work or school. not everyone can be on all of the time, or infact even want to be on all of the time.

The current population of Halo 4 compared to it's predecessors is completely and utterly laughable. Halo used to be in the top 2 of games most played on XBL. It's sad to see those low numbers compared to what it was in Reach and Halo 3. During Halo 3 I had over half the people on my friends list playing it and now it's just me and a few others. Unless 343i does something drastic to fix their mistakes and add the content that should have been there on release day. 343i sadly got put into shoes they were a little to small to fill. They didn't completely drop the ball on this one but, they could have done better. I'm expecting a lot more out of them when it comes to Halo 5.

• Like 1

People always seem to forget Halo 3 had very little competition when it was launched. Expecting Halo 4 to have Halo 3's numbers would require a lot since everyone likes different FPS such as CoD and BF. Theres way more availability now then there was in Halo 3's time.

However, working with Halo 4 stats alone its obvious they were not able to retain even half of their online population. (I am only talking about online.) 400K down to 50K? This is not due to people having jobs and such its because these people were not satisfied with what online had to offer, for whatever reason (Not many small maps, no weapon spawning, etc).

As for Reach, meh the maps were better I will give em that.

halo 4 is a great game 343 contine to patch and update the game each week with more sparten ops epsiodes each week to boot what else could u ask for

1. Ranking system we have one

3. MLG its coming bravo tweeted there almost done

4. Big Team battle nothing wrong with it

5. Team snipers 343 are bringing new and improved team snipers

1. The ranking system is arguably terrible compared to past Halo systems. Generally people like dynamic ranking systems that appropriately represent their skill at the game/

2. Skipped 2

3. MLG is done as far as Halo goes. 343i has made a deal with Virgin Gaming that forced MLG out. While Virgin Gaming tried to work something out with MLG it never developed completely and for one reason or another MLG has been confirmed to not be coming back.

4. I know a lot of people don't like BTB because of the lack of maps. This is generally true as you only really play Ragnarok and Exile except on rare occasions. Ragnarok was always met with mixed feelings. The gameplay mechanics of Halo 4 seem to suggest long range DMR battles over the diverse vehicular warfare and tactical gameplay of Halo 3's Valhalla. Exile is considered to be the best map and it is pretty good (IMO) but it has a tendency to get repetitive at times.

5. You are correct on this one... though it is debatable as to what 343i served to accomplish by leaving it out these past two months.

I'm not trying to argue... I just want to show why some people (myself included) aren't super satisfied with the job that 343i did on Halo.

EDIT: Going back and reading some of the previous posts I've felt the need to add this little tidbit in here. If you look at the pure population numbers of who is still playing that was playing at launch... Halo 4 is not only not doing well, but it is doing terrible (compared to other Halos)... Basically what I am getting at is I don't see how that can be used as an argument.

• Like 2

The current population of Halo 4 compared to it's predecessors is completely and utterly laughable. Halo used to be in the top 2 of games most played on XBL. It's sad to see those low numbers compared to what it was in Reach and Halo 3. During Halo 3 I had over half the people on my friends list playing it and now it's just me and a few others. Unless 343i does something drastic to fix their mistakes and add the content that should have been there on release day.

^^^ This...

It seems like complacency has set it in for a lot of developers...

EDIT: Going back and reading some of the previous posts I've felt the need to add this little tidbit in here. If you look at the pure population numbers of who is still playing that was playing at launch... Halo 4 is not only not doing well, but it is doing terrible (compared to other Halos)... Basically what I am getting at is I don't see how that can be used as an argument.

A lot of people don't see this as a problem and think that Halo 4 is the best Halo yet. If this were then the population of the game would reflect that. Halo 4 did better in sales overall but, population wise it's doing the worst out of 3 and Reach. I didn't see to many people go back to Halo 3 when Reach came out but, I've seen a very large amount of people go back to Reach after playing Halo 4. The only reason I continue to play Halo 4 is because of the few friends that still play and for the commendations.