Complaining about Halo 4

JONxJITSU

Really people...really? What's the deal the complainers?

While surfing this and, Halo Waypoint's forums I keep running in to topics of people bashing Halo 4 and I do not get it. Almost every single one of these bashing threads start like the following..."I have been playing Halo since the CE days..blah blah blah...this is my last time playing this game...blah blah 343 sucks...blah blah".

I am sorry, is this just me, who really cares if you don't like the game. Whatever happened to people just stop playing the game and move on to something else. People need to realize, just because you invested any given amount of time into a game does not mean you are entitled to something. I understand, the game is not perfect; but I am still having a crap-ton of fun playing it, its not that bad. To be honest; I give 343i a lot of respect for they're first time at developing Halo 4 from start to finish. For their first try at Halo they did good. I am really enjoying the game and, there is no way I am going to put this game down and play COD. I bet the next Halo 343i releases will be wicked.

Am I the only one who thinks Halo 4 is good?

Unrelated; here is vid on Halo 4 updates

• Like 1

No. I agree completely.

I want to be nice and figure out why people don't like it, But most people just insult you and say you're not a true halo fan if you like 4.

In my opinion, If you don't give them a chance just because you think they made a bad game, you're not as die hard a fan as you think you are.

There's a couple small things I don't like about the game, but over all I love Halo 4. I figure it's 343's first game, they tried to make it their own and they tried different things. Some are good, some are not, but I feel they have learned a lot and the next Halo will be even better, and I can't wait to see what they deliver.

Every time someone rips apart Halo 4, I just ask one simple question.

Do you have fun?

If the answer is yes, then this game was a personal success. If not, maybe it's not for you. I just know that tons of people (including me) are loving this game so it's a success for us.

I wish everyone who doesn't like the game would love playing it. I don't dislike them at all, in fact, I really want them to have a great time. Sometimes it gets a bit ridiculous when they don't listen to any reason, but that's not a big deal.

Every time someone rips apart Halo 4, I just ask one simple question.

Do you have fun?

If the answer is yes, then this game was a personal success. If not, maybe it's not for you.

You can take your "love it or leave it" philosophy elsewhere. If you are so narrow minded to think in such a one-dimensional way, I don't know what to tell you. It's obviously much more complex than that.

This is a game that used to be the best console FPS hands down. It now has fallen considerably. The developers have shown a commitment to the all-mighty-dollar that rivals Bernie Madoff. They have trashed the core community of players that made it so great. It can become a great game again but I doubt it, because the profit-motive trumps what the players want

You can take your "love it or leave it" philosophy elsewhere. If you are so narrow minded to think in such a one-dimensional way, I don't know what to tell you. It's obviously much more complex than that.

I didn't mean to sound narrow minded, my apologies. I know that there are lots of problems with the game and many things that can be done to improve it. I want Halo to flourish like it once did with Halo 2 and Halo 3.

I was just speaking from a very personal level. I enjoy playing the game, and I've been ripped apart for saying so (not by you), so I've become slightly jaded when it comes to other players.

Also, welcome to the forums! :)

I didn't mean to sound narrow minded, my apologies. I know that there are lots of problems with the game and many things that can be done to improve it. I want Halo to flourish like it once did with Halo 2 and Halo 3.

I was just speaking from a very personal level. I enjoy playing the game, and I've been ripped apart for saying so (not by you), so I've become slightly jaded when it comes to other players.

Also, welcome to the forums! :)

I understand

It was more than a game for me, because I've won money playing it in the past. The way they've made the game now doesn't lend itself to fair competition. Judging from the way the ranking system was completely gutted of any semblance of skill difference representation, the refusal to bring back clans and clan matches, and the overall distaste and hostility the developers continuously show towards the competitive community, I'd say there's no interest.

I think we all want the game to be better, but we don't see eye-to-eye on the specific problems or their causes

• Like 1

I think we all want the game to be better, but we don't see eye-to-eye on the specific problems or their causes

Nailed it ;)

Everyone has had different experiences with the game in the past and with Halo 4 as it is now. I've never actually played truly professionally, though I am still a competitive player. I can see how you'd feel differently about the direction of Halo 4.

Hopefully it will get better! I think that everyone can agree on that.

I somewhat agree that Hate threads need to be posted in moderation .

However I do not support the notion that everyone who doesn't like the game must leave.People share opinions, that is how things improve.Regardless of whether or not this is 343i first game, Halo 4's flaws must be pointed out just like we point out flaws in other games because in the end that one flaw your willing to ignore might be the thing which keeps other people from enjoying it.

I shared my thoughts on Halo 4 in several threads and while they're not as positive as some people would hope, I stand by them.

I do agree to your statement, where as positive criticism is a good thing and helps develop a product in a positive way (as long as the development teams are reading the fan posts). But on the other hand, I cannot get behind bashing, it's not helping anyone.

It's simple for people to say something sucks and it's simple to say "Oh well Halo 2 and 3 are better than four". I bet 343i could have just went out there and made a clone of Halo 3 then and add some new weapons and maps then call the game Halo 4 (*cough* using the COD formula*), that would make people happy right? Or, will it bring on another argument where we get a new hate topic titled "343i is not changing anything and this is the same game as Halo 3". Then once again we split the community up in two separate teams once again. I dunno, I think we are in a..damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I do not wanna sound redundant but, I cannot find enough flaws in this game for me not to play it. My one major gripe with the game is the covenant ghost...but...that thing was in all the Halo's, so now i just don't play BTB. I cannot see how this game is not fun?

Is the hate issue more with the competitive crowd; like the player who think they are, want to be or are MLG/Gamebattle level players?

I do agree to your statement, where as positive criticism is a good thing and helps develop a product in a positive way (as long as the development teams are reading the fan posts). But on the other hand, I cannot get behind bashing, it's not helping anyone.

It's simple for people to say something sucks and it's simple to say "Oh well Halo 2 and 3 are better than four". I bet 343i could have just went out there and made a clone of Halo 3 then and add some new weapons and maps then call the game Halo 4 (*cough* using the COD formula*), that would make people happy right? Or, will it bring on another argument where we get a new hate topic titled "343i is not changing anything and this is the same game as Halo 3". Then once again we split the community up in two separate teams once again. I dunno, I think we are in a..damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I do not wanna sound redundant but, I cannot find enough flaws in this game for me not to play it. My one major gripe with the game is the covenant ghost...but...that thing was in all the Halo's, so now i just don't play BTB. I cannot see how this game is not fun?

Is the hate issue more with the competitive crowd; like the player who think they are, want to be or are MLG/Gamebattle level players?

the cod formula obviosuly works look at halo 2 and 3 then look at halo 4 how different it is and how much of a online population has changed the real issue is 343 Changed way to many things about halo way to quick. Any Smart game maker i would figure would Least Slowly change it but not throw us all this useless crap we don't want. I'm upset of halo 4 because i bough a unfinshed game and catered to one type of player. When i play halo 4 i think of variety halo did there own thing and cod did there own thing but now that 343 decided to mimic cod its biting them hard. this is a more frustrating game then cod to me now I don't enjoying playing luck and random based games.