Hidden Skulls

Baeztoberfest

Who here would've liked to have seen THIS in Halo 4? Hunting down skulls has been around since Halo 2, but they tossed the idea in Reach, not to make a comeback in 4. As far as Easter eggs go? I'm not a fan. But hunting down those skulls was always fun. I still remember to this day where they all were in Halo 3, including the last skull where you have to jump through rings in the correct order, from memory. 4, 6, 5, 3,... Um. Well at least I remembered 4 out of 7 lol.

What do ya think? Hide those skulls again or leave them as is?

I prefer having them already unlocked however I think you should be able to find them in the game as easter eggs that give amped up abilities. Collections of the skulls on your utility belt which improve your speed or melee or some other stat (each skull providing a bonus for a different stat) making you just a bit better. The skulls then should be visible in cutscenes.

Searching for the skulls is what made me replay the campaign over and over to find them if I didn't find it right away. I don't care about stupid Easter Eggs in the campaign. I wish there was some skulls that gave you an added boost to the player. Like Dmg boost or rechargeable over shield for instance. Those types of things should only be available if you beat the campaign on Legendary though or using them on a level voids you beating that level(s) on said difficulty. Also I wish the score achievements for each level would be brought back as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Halo 2 skulls for the win.

I really don't understand why they didn't design new skulls for the game. Sputnik was so much more awesome then cowbell.

Halo 2 is my favorite campaign because of the skulls, getting them in certain orders to make the campaign awesome for the arbiter. Classic grunt birthday party that was actually a useful plasma explosion instead of a viva pinata reference.

Not to mention the IWBYD skull, the gauntlet of elites with nothing but a plasma pistol.