Covenant Weapons Based On Prometheans?

Baeztoberfest

Just thought some attention to detail on 343i's detail from this weapon similarity perspective could be fun to discuss.

Energy Sword = Promethean Knight Sword Arm

Plasma Launcher = Incineration Cannon

Covenant Carbine = Light Rifle

Plasma Rifle = Suppresor

Plasma Pistol = Boltshot (To an extent...)

One thing that wasn't really clear to me was needle weaponry. Where does that similarity fit in? What needle like weapons do Prometheans have?

Also on the last mission MIDNIGHT, where the have that collection of interspecies weaponry they are studying there was a Brute Hammer there. Hammer was Tartarus's weapon of choice. Brute Plasma Rifle was fizzled out a long time ago... Why not study more Brute weaponry? Do the Brutes only have five weapons? (Used in game)?

Spiker

Plasma Rifle

Hammer

Brute Shot

Mauler

Just thought this was a good discussion to see what Covenant weapons mirrored the Forerunner weapons. And how Brute weapons play into this if at all.

Edit : Yes I know the Fist Of Rukt was Tartarus's weapon but its basically a Gravity Hammer.

The variation in covenant weaponry is due to the multiple races which make up the Covenant. They did find forerunner artifacts and such, but they also have their own technology. There is plenty of information about this stuff available, it's mostly for people who are interested in the background of the Halo universe. I can break down some of it though.

Fuel Rod:

Cannon

Carbine

Supercombine:

Needler

Needle Rifle

Plasma:

Rifle

Pistol

Hardlight:

Energy Sword

Portable shield cover things

I think the Beam Rifle

I don't remember which technologies each race brought to the table (Jackals, Grunts, Elites, Hunters, and Drones are all separate species), and I imagine there is some disagreement between the novels and the games, just like there are inconsistencies in comic books and star wars stuff. Popular franchises tend to grow a lot of background information which frequently ends up contradictory because all of it is basically fan fiction.

• Like 2

Hardlight:

Energy Sword

Portable shield cover things

I think the Beam Rifle

Actually, none of the Covenant weapons use hardlight. The energy sword is plasma encased in a shield. The jackal shields are just shields. The beam rifle fires some kind of projectile. the covenant weapons are similar to promethean ones because covenant created almost all of their technologies by reverse-engineering forerunner technology.

Actually, none of the Covenant weapons use hardlight. The energy sword is plasma encased in a shield. The jackal shields are just shields. The beam rifle fires some kind of projectile. the covenant weapons are similar to promethean ones because covenant created almost all of their technologies by reverse-engineering forerunner technology.

Reverse engineering? What does that mean?

Plasma Pistol and the Boltshot both can be overcharged.

Covenant and Promethean weaponary have some sort of power supplies.

I'm guessing that the ammo you put into a Supressor for example is a bttery much like a Plasma Rifle's battery...

The Covenant probably couldn't make Hardlight...

Plasma Pistol and the Boltshot both can be overcharged.

Covenant and Promethean weaponary have some sort of power supplies.

I'm guessing that the ammo you put into a Supressor for example is a bttery much like a Plasma Rifle's battery...

The Covenant probably couldn't make Hardlight...

Lol. Covie fail.

Well I agree with most of this but, the Needler was built before the studied Forerunner Weaponry. Most weapons are similar to Forerunner, but with the Plasma Pistol-Boltshot, no 343 just needed to make a Forerunner sidearm.

The weapons are too similar for it to be a coincidence. They both have relatively weak single-shot modes. They both can be charged and their charged shot uses more ammo than their single-shot mode. The charged shot is also significantly stronger than the single-shot.

I would like to see the UNSC do what the covenant did with the Prometheans weapons. Take a look at their weaponry and make something similar to it. Although I doubt they could mainly seeing as the UNSC already has a weapon to go along with all the Promethean type weapons. They both have a heavy ordnance, shotgun, precision, side arm, and AR type weapon. The only thing neither side has is a melee type weapon. I would like the UNSC to develop some type of melee weapon. Or have the prometheans create more weapons. I would like to see the Brute's weapons to come back.