Could Use Some More Stances

FleshBack

I hope they add some more in future content releases. It's just a little disappointing, with all the combinations of armor pieces, colors, and emblems a player can choose to customize their Spartan with, the only stances I see people use is Assassin and Last Stand. Assassin Last Stand. Last Stand Assassin. Recruit. Last Stand Assassin. Including myself.

You have some people rockin' Assault and maybe a weapon mastery stance, but those numbers are minuscule reatively.

I mean, I'd like to see a stance where a Spartan is Dual wielding some weapons (even though you can't) or holding a grenade. I'm sure it couldn't be that far a stretch of the imagination to think more may be released within the near future.

Or one that held your preferred tool of destruction.

Coughs BOLTSHOT coughs...*

A sword stance would be the new Assassin/Last Stand. Guarantee it. It would also provide players added incentive to master certain weapons, or possibly even vehicles, I daresay.

Would make mongoose destroyer an awesome thing to shoot for. It's hard to destroy those little ****ers!

Yeah I do think more stances would be good, though the ones we have now are tough little stinkers to unlock. I like the idea of one that holds your preferred "tool of destruction". It's that kind of customization that keeps people playing and aiming for those higher goals.

never understood why they didn't just have your most used weapon always on your spartan xD...

Stances are useless altho i'm sure they put more time into those then they did anything else. xD

What was that? Stances are definitely not useless. They are a part of customization, which is a big portion of Halo's appeal. They also effect the game indirectly because of players using certain weapons in matchmaking just to achieve an ordnance mastery. It may not be a game changing mechanic, but it isn't useless.

• Like 1

What was that? Stances are definitely not useless. They are a part of customization, which is a big portion of Halo's appeal. They also effect the game indirectly because of players using certain weapons in matchmaking just to achieve an ordnance mastery. It may not be a game changing mechanic, but it isn't useless.

Totally useless *facepalm*

I definitely support the notion of letting us choose which weapon our Spartans are holding. I never touch the Assault Rifle or the Magnum, so why would my Spartan pose with those?

I dislike that the stances are so hard to unlock. The only two that I like are Breach and Believe, but I'll never have those. I'll never have Stand Off either, but I don't care for it, so I'm fine with that. I might get Assault eventually, but it's not all that great, so I don't know if I'd actually use it. I already have Heroic, Assassin, and Last Stand, but those all suck, especially Assassin, so I'm sticking with Recruit.

I hope they add some more in future content releases. It's just a little disappointing, with all the combinations of armor pieces, colors, and emblems a player can choose to customize their Spartan with, the only stances I see people use is Assassin and Last Stand. Assassin Last Stand. Last Stand Assassin. Recruit. Last Stand Assassin. Including myself.

You have some people rockin' Assault and maybe a weapon mastery stance, but those numbers are minuscule reatively.

I mean, I'd like to see a stance where a Spartan is Dual wielding some weapons (even though you can't) or holding a grenade. I'm sure it couldn't be that far a stretch of the imagination to think more may be released within the near future.

For the most part, I think using the new stances looks toolish (is that a word?). However, if there was a stance where my spartan could be facing left with his right arm flexed....

For the most part, I think using the new stances looks toolish (is that a word?). However, if there was a stance where my spartan could be facing left with his right arm flexed....

I want my spartan to wear a polo for no reason other than to pop his collar. And to be able to wear sunglasses to a casual poker game amongst friends. I want him to fail to be able to locate Indiana on a US map, and I'd like him to take his shirt off at basketball games where neither team has designated shirts vs skins. Maybe give him a henna tattoo that says in Chinese "honor". Or something. Lol. Just REALLY DEWSH IT UP.

• Like 1

I want my spartan to wear a polo for no reason other than to pop his collar. And to be able to wear sunglasses to a casual poker game amongst friends. I want him to fail to be able to locate Indiana on a US map, and I'd like him to take his shirt off at basketball games where neither team has designated shirts vs skins. Maybe give him a henna tattoo that says in Chinese "honor". Or something. Lol. Just REALLY DEWSH IT UP.

His stance would be arms crossed making the shocker sign with both hands in front of a Dane Cook poster.

• Like 1

So long as when he wears sunglasses you can set the background to look like its night time.

What are the point of stances?

Do they help you in the gameplay? Do they make the game fun?

I ask simply because I don't understand the point of armor customization, specializations, "stances", etc...

I ask simply because I don't understand the point of armor customization, specializations, "stances", etc...

Customization in itself makes gameplay fun. Not everyone sees this, I get it. However many people get kicks from making their Spartan an expression of their individualism. Adding more stances, pieces of armor, and more emblems to unlock only appeals to a specific segment of the Halo population that appreciates the option of being able to separate yourself from other players. If someone doesn't care about customization, then they can just play in recruit armor forever with the basic color scheme and this topic is irrelevant to them.

I think there should be some comic relief stances too--like a teabagging stance.

To make your multiplayer character unique to something you like? What's there to "not understand"?

It would be cool if each specialization had it's own stance.

I don't know why you said it four times in one post, but I agree.