Team Regicide NEEDS to STAY...

SatanicBagels

Team Regicide: Should it stay or should it go!!!  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should Team Regicide stay in War Games as a playlist?

• Yes, It should be kept.
    • No, It shouldn't be kept.
    • I'm indifferent to these to choices.

Yesterday night I decided to pop Halo 4 into my Xbox and head to War Games. I started the night off with some BTB and SWAT but was then lead to this new game-type called Team Regicide. At first my thoughts were doubtful as I didn't understands how traditional Regicide game-play could be made to work with teams. Upon playing it however (A bunch on Haven and some on Solace/Adrift) I quickly came to realize that it was one of my favorite Halo game-types for any Halo game.

To play on a casual level with a bunch of randoms is pure chaos. It is bullets flying left and right with grenades being tossed across the map. However there is also a clearly discernible teamwork element to having success in Team Regicide. It's that pure balance of protecting your own king while choosing precise opportune moments to take shots at the opposing teams king. It has made me use flanking tactics like never before to try and get the drop on their king without having to bypass all of the opposing teams defenses.

It's this excellent combination of Chaos and teamwork (Chaotic Teamwork if you will) that make this game-type so fun. Anyway yesterday I got myself to thinking... If 343 industries decided to keep Team Regicide for good then it may be a huge success. As more players decided to leave their regular playlists to try new things I think that Team Regicide could steal serious numbers from both Regicide as well as Infinity Slayer. I'll decide to put it to a vote. Of course there's no real pull exerted by the results of this vote but it would be cool to see where the 343i CF stands on this issue.

~Thoughts~

• Like 4

I would agree with you about 90%. In the games that I have played of TR it seemed almost always chaotic with there rarely being any teamwork. I enjoy being king due to the fact that everyone comes at you. Love that! Never have to hunt for a kill. I definitely like this gametype. Good poll.

• Like 1

I enjoy Team Regicide, but like many of the objective gametypes I eventually find it very frustrating without a team. That's not a bad thing per se, just a thing that keeps me from thinking it definitely should be a permanent playlist. I really don't mind the idea of rotating playlists or whatever, because you get variety with some consistency instead of the complete randomness of an Action Sack playlist. I imagine I will be sad when one of the rotating playlists turns out to be my favorite, and then it goes away after a few weeks, but I understand the price of sampling new things is that you can't keep everything you like. The point is that you found out you liked it, and what you liked about it.

Love team regicide, but 343i will notice how much we love it and replace it with team plasma pistols

You're probably right. Next week we can expect our beloved Team Regicide to be Dino Blasters. If anything but Snipers or Griffball (or that new Binary Rifle gametype) pops up then you guys can expect me to rage. Just trying to warn the mods ahead of time xD

Here's the War Games Statistics in terms of population right now.

BTB Infinity Slayer - 24984

Crimson DLC - 2062

Dominion - 3890

Regicide - 3257

Flood - 3927

Capture the Flag - 4899

Oddball - 2445

Team Regicide - 2343

SWAT - 11365

Team Regicide isn't that far down. It's comparable to Oddball and regular Regicide in numbers.

• Like 1

I for one love TR. If your team doesn't protect the King then you're SOL. Not playing with a team puts you at a big disadvantage because if you're not the king then the player who is could be a rusher and just give the other team kills and not trying to get the Time Bonuses. When I'm the king I try to sit back till I get OS and then try to get RoT if I'm lucky and my team keeps people off me. Although after a while I get tired of being the king and I usually am most of the time because I like to sneak around to get to their king but, I'm unable to because of the big marker on my head. I would like for it to stay though that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...