MLG should work around Social players. Not Visa Versa.

Baeztoberfest

Does anyone ever have MODERATE opinions anymore?

The game is good.

The game could use some balance changes.

There's nothing wrong with trying to make the game competitive and balanced.

There's nothing wrong with playlists being catered to serious gamers.

There's nothing wrong with playlists being catered to casual gamers.

Most gamers are actually somewhere in-between.

The game does not play like CoD in anyway.

To address the topic: MLG has never gotten in the way of the regular playlists in Halo, let them be. Were you forced to play MLG in H3 or R? No. As it stands, they don't even HAVE their own playlist now. I don't like some of the things they do to their game, but all in all they bring a lot of insight to the table.

And since when did trying to achieve balance in a game become bad...

• Like 3

Just a repost but it would take care of things nicely:

Regarding Ranked/Social lists

Just do it like H3 did. have seperate ranked and social lists, someone mentioned coding, the templates are already in place, just needs to be integrated into the system so some minor coding yes.

yes there are boosters and derankers .... aka BKs ..... simple solution for derankers is to simply not allow it, once you have it you're stuck with it. It would be nice to have an option to report folks for deranking ..... who knows ..... that would make sense so I'd say don't look for it lol. Personally I liked running solo in ranked play lists, the team mates tended to be more motivated to use calls, even if it was only MY X lol. I did that for a long time myself until I learned the proper calls, and they were motivated to win.

Obviously I have no issue with social players and that's why I enjoyed the different social/ranked play lists. I think I was a colonel in social social slayer. Good times. Didn't care if I won but did quite a bit. I enjoyed the way you could approach the game with a different mentality. Tryhard mode, go ranked, who cares mode, go social. Met tons of players I still run with to this day in social slayer.

At the end of the day, IMO, both ranked and social lists have their place and yes, it's decidedly healthier for the game to NOT try and mix the two, keep them separate.

Peace,

BaD

• Like 2

But see there ya go... Now you're changing game dynamics to suit your own agendas. Instead of playing the game for what it is. It may be a different style than what you're used to but that's just it. What you're asking for is to change the elements of the game completely.

It's like saying hmmm. I wanna do MLG monopoly. But NERF passing go for $200. And free parking needs a BUFF. Also I don't like instantly being able to buy railroads. So take those out. And utilities. I wish they'd bring back that one card in community chest. Put that one on top.

See what I'm saying? Then it's not really Monopoly anymore is it? Maybe have house rules instated for instance for Halo 4, but don't change base aspects of it.

um theres a reason why we have custom games and forge? if they didnt want us to make new stuff and play with what we think is pro then why have custom games and forge to begin with? using custom and forge is accutaly playing to the game and the game needs us to determine was is good and what is bad

Just a repost but it would take care of things nicely:

Regarding Ranked/Social lists

Just do it like H3 did. have seperate ranked and social lists, someone mentioned coding, the templates are already in place, just needs to be integrated into the system so some minor coding yes.

yes there are boosters and derankers .... aka BKs ..... simple solution for derankers is to simply not allow it, once you have it you're stuck with it. It would be nice to have an option to report folks for deranking ..... who knows ..... that would make sense so I'd say don't look for it lol. Personally I liked running solo in ranked play lists, the team mates tended to be more motivated to use calls, even if it was only MY X lol. I did that for a long time myself until I learned the proper calls, and they were motivated to win.

Obviously I have no issue with social players and that's why I enjoyed the different social/ranked play lists. I think I was a colonel in social social slayer. Good times. Didn't care if I won but did quite a bit. I enjoyed the way you could approach the game with a different mentality. Tryhard mode, go ranked, who cares mode, go social. Met tons of players I still run with to this day in social slayer.

At the end of the day, IMO, both ranked and social lists have their place and yes, it's decidedly healthier for the game to NOT try and mix the two, keep them separate.

Peace,

BaD

can't do it that why i have no idea why but all the casual players cry when we talk about having it equal don't know why or how people cry Oh No rank lets just have social... Well lets just have ranked and not social???

You dont have to press X to respawn you know.. That way it goes to a timer...

do i even need to comment on your statement? theres rockets you don't have to pick them up you know.... Herp derp it gives you a advantage of course your going to do it.

I'm all for competitive play, but...

I've never liked MLG's stance on radar. I don't really care if they think it takes more skill.

The only real competitive benefit I see from radar is encouraging communication. Other than that, all it does is increase randomness. When two players see each other on radar, the only factor is their skill. When they duel, it's not because one got the drop on the other for some random reason. Without radar, it's more about who gets the first shot because someone was behind someone. That's not even core Halo. That's why Halo HAS the motion sensor in the first place. To make it MORE about skill.

w00t more skill.

w00t more skill.

I really hope you weren't agreeing with him.

Radar makes the game more skill based? How so a 1 vs 1, the person with a grenade wins, if neither have a grenade then the person with the boltshot wins or either of them move and the game stalls. The only time it's completely about skill in same weapons vs one another with radar, other than than radar is crap.

SIDE NOTE: had to come back into work to finish something and I looked around.

I can't take anyone's feedback that has the boltshot in their top TOD so the original guy you quoted is trash. Radar promotes skill, find SOMEONE on the MLGPRO forums that agrees with that statement. You're more likely to find pigs flying in a V formation.

• Like 1

I really hope you weren't agreeing with him.

Radar makes the game more skill based? How so a 1 vs 1, the person with a grenade wins, if neither have a grenade then the person with the boltshot wins or either of them move and the game stalls. The only time it's completely about skill in same weapons vs one another with radar, other than than radar is crap.

SIDE NOTE: had to come back into work to finish something and I looked around.

I can't take anyone's feedback that has the boltshot in their top TOD so the original guy you quoted is trash. Radar promotes skill, find SOMEONE on the MLGPRO forums that agrees with that statement. You're more likely to find pigs flying in a V formation.

of course not LOL radar more skill???

Then go play CoD and quit crying about it on every thread someone makes. I'm sick of talking to you. You don't see where I come from on any thread ever so why do you even respond? What's the point if you're just going to be argumentative? Are ou that eager to put your own ignorance on display that you'll shoot down any opinion other than your own? I don't even want to waste my time pointing out why those YET AGAIN is solely your opinion and doesn't support the argument even a little bit.

You think you're hot **** but you're not... You just keep arguing stupid points. Did you even READ the topic? My god, just stop talking and quit replying to my threads and just GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. All you DO IS ARGUE. It's ******* annoying bro.

If you would take the time to actually read my posts, especially this one, you would see that my opinions are neither ignorant nor stupid. You were the one defending the this game because "omg ign gave it a 9!1!1" so I suggest you take a long hard look at your own logic and worldview before criticizing others.

[um theres a reason why we have custom games and forge? if they didnt want us to make new stuff and play with what we think is pro then why have custom games and forge to begin with? using custom and forge is accutaly playing to the game and the game needs us to determine was is good and what...]

Congrats. You just reiterated what I was saying all along.

If you would take the time to actually read my posts, especially this one, you would see that my opinions are neither ignorant nor stupid. You were the one defending the this game because "omg ign gave it a 9!1!1" so I suggest you take a long hard look at your own logic and worldview before criticizing others.

I wasn't even criticizing you. You choose bits and pieces of my threads and attack them with opinion. Not even solid facts. How do you argue that?

Stop please. making your own point doesn't necessarily entail criticizing other folks, present your counter point in a matter that you'd want to be spoken to.

Edit:

It doesn't demand criticizing other folks at all, nor their ideas. Present good, logical counter arguments.

do i even need to comment on your statement? theres rockets you don't have to pick them up you know.... Herp derp it gives you a advantage of course your going to do it.

Sorry, I am not normally one to reply like this but in this case I will make an exception.

Thanks for making yourself look like an idiot with your responce. They were complaining that they could respawn instantly. I gave them a perfectly workable solution to that (which is dont press X). If they dont do that then thats their problem. Either way it is already within their control, thus something not worth complaining about.

I personally dont agree with MLG simply for the attitude it instills in players. The holier than thou attitude to be exact. Of which several posters here, not going to point out particular people, have displayed in great amounts.

Players are skilled no matter what tools they have at their disposal. By chosing to limit yourself you limit the growth you can have within the game as you ignore its features. If its how you want to play the game then fine, go for it. But do not go around saying that anybody who plays with different conditions than MLG is unskilled. Any player can be beaten at any time by any other player. That is the nature of gaming. Deflate the egos and let this garbage go. Its just not worth it.

I have been flamed on here for reasonable responces simply because they did not agree with what you thought the game should be. The game is not built around a single player. It is built around what the majority of people will enjoy playing, and sorry to say it but MLG is not the majority. Ok well I am not sorry to say that. If you can not offer calm responces, if you are unable to do anything other than hate and rage at people who have a differing opinion about this then you have no business posting in the first place.

Reasoned and calm posts get reasoned and calmed replies. Anything else needs to leave, and leave now. And yes that includes the top part of my post. I am very regretful in its attitude, however the kind of blunt statement I made was not made out of anger or a need to flame. Even so it does seem that way, and I am sorry it does but I will let it go anyways. It is probably the only time you will ever see me reply to a thread like that. And I promise that it will never happen in a thread like one of these again.

Sorry, I am not normally one to reply like this but in this case I will make an exception.

Thanks for making yourself look like an idiot with your responce. They were complaining that they could respawn instantly. I gave them a perfectly workable solution to that (which is dont press X). If they dont do that then thats their problem. Either way it is already within their control, thus something not worth complaining about.

I personally dont agree with MLG simply for the attitude it instills in players. The holier than thou attitude to be exact. Of which several posters here, not going to point out particular people, have displayed in great amounts.

Players are skilled no matter what tools they have at their disposal. By chosing to limit yourself you limit the growth you can have within the game as you ignore its features. If its how you want to play the game then fine, go for it. But do not go around saying that anybody who plays with different conditions than MLG is unskilled. Any player can be beaten at any time by any other player. That is the nature of gaming. Deflate the egos and let this garbage go. Its just not worth it.

I have been flamed on here for reasonable responces simply because they did not agree with what you thought the game should be. The game is not built around a single player. It is built around what the majority of people will enjoy playing, and sorry to say it but MLG is not the majority. Ok well I am not sorry to say that. If you can not offer calm responces, if you are unable to do anything other than hate and rage at people who have a differing opinion about this then you have no business posting in the first place.

Reasoned and calm posts get reasoned and calmed replies. Anything else needs to leave, and leave now. And yes that includes the top part of my post. I am very regretful in its attitude, however the kind of blunt statement I made was not made out of anger or a need to flame. Even so it does seem that way, and I am sorry it does but I will let it go anyways. It is probably the only time you will ever see me reply to a thread like that. And I promise that it will never happen in a thread like one of these again.

thanks for sounding like a kid who gets emotion about a online forum..

i don't understand how you think Oh because i'm going to stop instant respawn he will. The Issue Bro is that when i kill there team its kinda silly for them to all spawn behind me while i am one shot reloading my clip of ammo. I personaly Wait to press X untill my teamates are in a good situation but that clearly doesn't stop them from doing so. for you to sit here and say it doesn't matter just means you could care less about MM and mlg or w/e and your a campaign person good you enjoy your fun single player don't comment on stuff you don't have much experience knowing. you Play how you want i will play how i want. but unless you accutaly play mlg or played enough matchmaking then i wouldn't suggest commenting but thats me .

side note i am totaly calm when replying i try not to sound angry or w/e but this is a online forum.

There should definitely be ranked and social playlist, I don't wanna sound like a broken record here but halo 2 and 3 really got this right.

I love competetive 4v4 but I also love the chaos and fun of huge vehicle maps. Most of the gametypes sucked but I admired the spirt of the Team Carnage and Action Sack playlists for a more social experiance.

• Like 1

343 Studios picked up a well known MLG Player / Coach for future expansion into the competitive market to assist with new maps, game varieties, etc!!!

GOOD MOVE 343, GOOD MOVE!

@ Final sentence : as long as they don't start changing game dynamics this is a good thing. As stated previously this isn't another social vs MLG post. This is about leaving the game as is and incorporating MLG into it fairly without changing EVERYTHING to accomodate a handful of people. But bravo for the news update. I'm sure it will make some Halo fans very happy to here.

@ vaultingfrog : I (unlike the OTHER GUY) get why you're upset. They aren't the majority, sad to say but it's true. Don't get me wrong nobody likes to suck and lose but just because you realize winning isn't everything doesn't mean your a bum either. I know some KILLER guys who play with like a 2.5+ KD and enjoy playing with people who are less than 1 KD. Just because of either social interaction, a good warthog driver, funny randomness etc. Social. Doesn't. Equal. Unskilled.

@ Tornadoflame : I ALSO see what you're getting at. Well... Sorta. But the whole PURPOSE of this thread was to put out that any kind of elitist gamer who wants to play professionally, should do so within the confines of the original game dynamics, and ultimately quit crying about...

1) the boltshot being OP

2) the DMR being better than the BR

3) instant respawns

4) no radar

5) weapon respawn/despawn times

6) true skill vs ranking

7) no cqc maps

8) the whole "Call of Halo" argument

Just. Stop it. It's annoying that people can't just play a game. And if you do enjoy it you're automatically a "fanboy". Don't nobody give two fux if you don't like the game as is. They just don't want to see it get molested into some piece of MLG trash the average person can't enjoy.

This is in no way an attemp to slam you either tornado. I'll be the first to admit, from the talk you talk? It sounds like you've put serious thoughts into bettering an already good game. But what I AM TRYING TO SAY is that it doesn't need it. And you can play professionally instead of socially with the options it lets you tweak already.

@ everyone : hope this cleared up what this post was about and were on the same FRIENDLY page we were on before. Be sure to think when posting counter points.

Side bar? That was supposed to be an 8 with a ) after it but I think a sunglasses smiley chewing gum works too.

But bravo for the news update. I'm sure it will make some Halo fans very happy to here.

I have to ask, was that honestly a response because you know they added BRAVO, to the team or was that just random?

The goal isn't to turn the GAME into MLG, it's to help provide the MLG community and the Competitive side of gaming a voice. As they currently do not have one. There basic game-play I honestly don't see changing, but maybe a few minor tweaks.

BRAVO was acquired to as he's been in MLG for over a decade and had strong standing within the community. 343 knows they need to find a good balance and he'll have the contacts for good tests as well. I don't expect things to happen fast, but I expect to see either a ranked or MLG gametype in the future. It will consist of mostly forge maps, as currently good forge maps are having lag issues (another reason he's in the mix).

The competitive market needed a voice and I got a very strong and respectable one. That's all I was stating, but any GOOD changes in the MLG variant, I honestly won't expect to translate into basic gameplay as this rarely happens.

• Like 1

@ Final sentence : as long as they don't start changing game dynamics this is a good thing. As stated previously this isn't another social vs MLG post. This is about leaving the game as is and incorporating MLG into it fairly without changing EVERYTHING to accomodate a handful of people. But bravo for the news update. I'm sure it will make some Halo fans very happy to here.

@ vaultingfrog : I (unlike the OTHER GUY) get why you're upset. They aren't the majority, sad to say but it's true. Don't get me wrong nobody likes to suck and lose but just because you realize winning isn't everything doesn't mean your a bum either. I know some KILLER guys who play with like a 2.5+ KD and enjoy playing with people who are less than 1 KD. Just because of either social interaction, a good warthog driver, funny randomness etc. Social. Doesn't. Equal. Unskilled.

What? You just said they had < 1 kd, that doesn't really help your argument.

@ Tornadoflame : I ALSO see what you're getting at. Well... Sorta. But the whole PURPOSE of this thread was to put out that any kind of elitist gamer who wants to play professionally, should do so within the confines of the original game dynamics, and ultimately quit crying about...

1) the boltshot being OP

2) the DMR being better than the BR

3) instant respawns

4) no radar

5) weapon respawn/despawn times

6) true skill vs ranking

7) no cqc maps

8) the whole "Call of Halo" argument

Just. Stop it. It's annoying that people can't just play a game. And if you do enjoy it you're automatically a "fanboy". Don't nobody give two fux if you don't like the game as is. They just don't want to see it get molested into some piece of MLG trash the average person can't enjoy.

Im glad to hear that Halo 1,2, and 3 were all trash that average people didn't like, because their gameplay was much closer to MLG than this current game. The purpose of all of these complaints are to FIX problems within the game. If you don't raise your voice, then business as usual will continue and NOBODY likes the BS and NOBODY likes that the DMR is strictly better than the BR and very few people like Weapon Timing and Instant Respawns.

This is in no way an attemp to slam you either tornado. I'll be the first to admit, from the talk you talk? It sounds like you've put serious thoughts into bettering an already good game. But what I AM TRYING TO SAY is that it doesn't need it. And you can play professionally instead of socially with the options it lets you tweak already.

@ everyone : hope this cleared up what this post was about and were on the same FRIENDLY page we were on before. Be sure to think when posting counter points.

Side bar? That was supposed to be an 8 with a ) after it but I think a sunglasses smiley chewing gum works too.

You can't seriously play professionally in this game with "just a few tweaks" It has a long ways to go before it can be taken seriously like a game like CS, SC, or any of the MOBAs.

I'm all for competitive play, but...

I've never liked MLG's stance on radar. I don't really care if they think it takes more skill.

The only real competitive benefit I see from radar is encouraging communication. Other than that, all it does is increase randomness. When two players see each other on radar, the only factor is their skill. When they duel, it's not because one got the drop on the other for some random reason. Without radar, it's more about who gets the first shot because someone was behind someone. That's not even core Halo. That's why Halo HAS the motion sensor in the first place. To make it MORE about skill.

I agree. Good post.

Im glad to hear that Halo 1,2, and 3 were all trash that average people didn't like, because their gameplay was much closer to MLG than this current game. The purpose of all of these complaints are to FIX problems within the game. If you don't raise your voice, then business as usual will continue and NOBODY likes the BS and NOBODY likes that the DMR is strictly better than the BR and very few people like Weapon Timing and Instant Respawns.

Actually CE, H3, and H3 had and still have the longest running communities and to call them trash implies you have no idea of what you're talking about.

Actually CE, H3, and H3 had and still have the longest running communities and to call them trash implies you have no idea of what you're talking about.

I think this was sarcasim on their part. However a fix for one person is a negative for another. Its all about perspective.

MLG works for some, doesnt work for others. Just because you feel that something is unbalanced (not point youout BaDInTentZ btw) does not automatically make it so.

What you want is to change mechanics to suit your personal preferences which just wont happen. Over all minor changes will be implemented over the course of the games life as ajustments on average game results. As it should be.

Also to the prior person you quoted BaDInTentZ, dont speak for me, ever. You can not possibly speak to the fact that "very few people" like instant respawns or Weapon Timing. You are one person among millions. One voice among millions. Dont speak for others. The only thing you have in your corner is that a minority of people within the total population have chosen to become vocal about issues that they want fixed for themselves. That vocal minority is just that, a minority. Or do you think that every Halo player world wide goes online and voices their opinions?

Unfortunately they don't, they sit back and let things happen, I'm not one of those.

Side note VaultingFrog, I wasn't quoting you, that was someone else. Don't come out swinging at me.

I wasnt swinging at you. I knew who you were quoting. I was just saying that the person you quoted seemed to be sarcastic in their post and you might have missed that.

What? You just said they had < 1 kd, that doesn't really help your argument.

You can't seriously play professionally in this game with "just a few tweaks" It has a long ways to go before it can be taken seriously like a game like CS, SC, or any of the MOBAs.

These are your opinions with zero factual data about what the majority thinks. Take a poll do some research but don't speak for everyone like you have a clue. Obviously there are plenty of people who like the game as is. Sorry you're not one. But that's a personal problem not something to drag an entire fan base down with.

@ final sentence. I meant bravo in the context kudos.

And how did you get that I even implied halo CE 1 2 and 3 were trash? They were good games. Do you even read my posts or are you so die hard to defend your own obnoxious points that you reply with sarcasm to everything? Sometimes I don't even think YOU know what you're arguing about let alone take the time to read someone else's thoughts.

• Like 1