DeathstrikeFS

Hello,

I am looking for some information on the Xbox Live network and Halo 4. I would like to understand how the Xbox Live network works and specifically Halo 4's 'network model'. I am ultimately trying to understand, from a networking perspective, how the matchmaking process works and the criteria for which it makes its decisions for host selection. I am more interested in the specifics of how as opposed to just a general overview. I would also like to know about the difference between say, a spartan ops online game and a war games online game - I believe the former uses a 'Synchronous network model' whilst the latter uses Asynchronous?

I have read some published articles on Halo 3 but anything pointing to Halo 4 specifically would be good.

I welcome all good sources.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am looking for some information on the Xbox Live network and Halo 4. I would like to understand how the Xbox Live network works and specifically Halo 4's 'network model'. I am ultimately trying to understand, from a networking perspective, how the matchmaking process works and the criteria for which it makes its decisions for host selection. I am more interested in the specifics of how as opposed to just a general overview. I would also like to know about the difference between say, a spartan ops online game and a war games online game - I believe the former uses a 'Synchronous network model' whilst the latter uses Asynchronous?

I have read some published articles on Halo 3 but anything pointing to Halo 4 specifically would be good.

I welcome all good sources.

Thanks.

You are probably right about the difference between SO and WG, but what exactly is your motive here?