No Point to play without a RANKING SYSTEM

Xvudux

But your's is a matter of opinion. 343 has noticed those who dislike it, but they're being outnumbered by the thousands and thousands and thousands of customers that are completely, if not more than, satisfied with this Halo installment.

Yes, because the large amount of complaints on all Halo 4 forums, the large amount of people who have left the game or sold it, etc of people are evidence that this game is completely healthy.

Look at it like this:

Halo 3 over a 24 hour period, FOUR years after its release date, WHILE Halo Reach was out, had 800,000 UNIQUE players in all of its hoppers.

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive37.pl?read=1084475

Halo 4, over a 24 hour period, a MONTH after its release, had a total of 1,920,000 over the course of a day. I used Saturday the 8th as the data set. And added the population of each hour together, this obviously does not equal the same data as the unique users of Halo 3, but it is somewhat comparable. You could probably cut this number anywhere from 50% to 25% to get a more accurate picture of UU.

http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/totalpopulation/all

Yes, because the large amount of complaints on all Halo 4 forums, the large amount of people who have left the game or sold it, etc of people are evidence that this game is completely healthy.

Look at it like this:

Halo 3 over a 24 hour period, FOUR years after its release date, WHILE Halo Reach was out, had 800,000 UNIQUE players in all of its hoppers.

http://forums.bungie...pl?read=1084475

Halo 4, over a 24 hour period, a MONTH after its release, had a total of 1,920,000 over the course of a day. I used Saturday the 8th as the data set. And added the population of each hour together, this obviously does not equal the same data as the unique users of Halo 3, but it is somewhat comparable. You could probably cut this number anywhere from 50% to 25% to get a more accurate picture of UU.

http://halocharts.co...lpopulation/all

I didn't say it was as ''healthy'' as other Halo games, I'm the saying that the majority is the winner. And the majority says the game is awesome. 343i has no reason to completely rearrange their game just to make somebody's opinion of it better. They can do whatever they want with it. They own it, not you. Get as technical with numbers as you want.

But your's is a matter of opinion. 343 has noticed those who dislike it, but they're being outnumbered by the thousands and thousands and thousands of customers that are completely, if not more than, satisfied with this Halo installment.

This exactly I am one of those many people that are okay with the system

I didn't say it was as ''healthy'' as other Halo games, I'm the saying that the majority is the winner. And the majority says the game is awesome. 343i has no reason to completely rearrange their game just to make somebody's opinion of it better. They can do whatever they want with it. They own it, not you. Get as technical with numbers as you want.

The majority of people who play a game will always like it because they are playing it. Thats just logic. They can do whatever they want with it, but unless they change some stuff drastically, their sales for Halo 5 will be horrible.

Damn. gaming in general has turned into this thing where players always have to feel good about themselves because of a high rank, rather than a thing where people just have fun and don't give a ****. Many players these days are willing to stop playing a game because there's no ranking system. The type of guys who take games way to seriously lol. No doubt there are flaws in Halo 4, but none of them are significant enough to make me want to stop playing. You want to know if someone is a good player? Look to see if they finished Legendary on solo mode, okay?

• Like 2

The majority of people who play a game will always like it because they are playing it. Thats just logic. They can do whatever they want with it, but unless they change some stuff drastically, their sales for Halo 5 will be horrible.

I, for one, have a life, and no time to argue with you. Cry about Halo 5 sales all you want.

thats why the game went from 450k to 90k in a month you sir are so smart!!..

don't worry OP COD will make a 1-50 ranking system on there next game *lol*

i know facts are upseting if you have no time then simply don't post instead of sounding angry sir this is a online forum after all.

I'm not trying to ''sound angry'', even though I am. I've had absolutely enough of the hundreds of people coming here and ranting. Don't tell me what this forum is about, I've been here for a year. You've been here for a month.

People can say whatever they want, but as someone who has played all the halos, at launch since halo 2, I can tell you I've never seen a population drop off this quickly since halo Reach.

There was easily 4 times the amount of people playing this game at launch then what I see now, even on the weekend primetime. Yeah there are other games in the genre now the population is split because of it, but log on to COD right now and you'll see 300k plus players still on, and it's 3 in the morning on a monday.

I'm not trying to ''sound angry'', even though I am. I've had absolutely enough of the hundreds of people coming here and ranting. Don't tell me what this forum is about, I've been here for a year. You've been here for a month.

What does you being here for a year have to do with anything? This game has only been out for about 2 months now, and your seniority on this forum doesn't discount the very valid points people bring up about the (mostly) easily fixable shortcomings with the game.

Consider this, on consoles for Major League Gaming, it was pretty much all halo in Halo 2 and 3. They didn't even use Reach and for Halo 4 the MLG community is torn on what settings to use, if even adopt the game for competetive play at all. If that doesn't send up a red flag with the state of the game and where it's heading as a whole I don't know what is. For a long time COD and halo, along with most other games have catered to casual gamers, this slowly has killed the competetive gamers, the most impassioned loyal fans, especially when it comes to fans of the halo franchise.

• Like 1

Without a real ranking system and with the lack of playlist this game got boring the first week it came out 343 needs to fix this fast!

Whatever happened to enjoying a VIDEO GAME? Why does everything have to be some MLG pile of crap to be enjoyed? Try making friends and playing with them. The stuff that happens during the game is always more fun than finding out who won.

• Like 1

Whatever happened to enjoying a VIDEO GAME? Why does everything have to be some MLG pile of crap to be enjoyed? Try making friends and playing with them. The stuff that happens during the game is always more fun than finding out who won.

Hey idiot I would enjoy the game if I had a reason to play like a ranked playlist and yes I do ENJOY winning the game so go suck one go play campaign with your friends and leave the multiplayer battling up to the bosses k nub .
  • Like 1

Puffed my cheeks at the few responses I read, and as I continued to scroll down the page I caught glances of words/phases which proceeded to fuel my disbelief.

I was an avid player of Halo 3; I would feel extremely privileged to experience the enjoyment I had on Big Team Battle again. It was a bundle of laughs, especially during the pre-party chat era when it was just as much a social gathering of strangers as it was a battle for victory. Having said that though, the Ranked playlists really hooked a chain around my leg, I became so drawn to the concept of having to win, having to improve in order to Rank up. I think Team Slayer was actually my most played playlist, and that occurred after exhausting so much time into Lone Wolves.

The point I am making, and the idea which many people seem content with ignoring is we can have the best of both sides. I can understand the appeal of the existing Ranking System for some players, however competitive gaming amongst the Halo community is not something which should be ignored. In Halo 3 it was massively popular, and though I did not play Halo 2 online, I have seen reasons to suggest it was very challenging and popular on that title as well.

For casual gamers who are eagerly defending the existing system, why not keep it, 100% as it is, but break into Ranked/Social again to provide a little number next to everyone's stats so we can all be happy? Make it 110% fulfilling.

This should never have been a problem, there was never any discussion required, but in my opinion 343i choked. Halo 4 has taken some inspiration from the COD series, but the Ranking System is one which it could have done well to ignore...

• Like 1

Like I have said in another thread, if Halo 3's TrueSkill wasn't so heavily exploited, this would not be in discussion. With all the boosting, deranking and bought accounts that was happening in Matchmaking, it made the very idea of a ranking system a joke. I played thousands of matches on Halo 3, rarely coming across any legit 50s on any playlist. All ranking systems do in Matchmaking is give reasons for some players to run their mouths, which is what they do anyway. So what is the point?