How are noobs beating good players?

Jamesw01

DMR and Boltshot, these two things are what killed this game. Why have a sniper in this game? The DMR is basically almost a sniper. I personally dont think 343 will patch these 2 OP guns, they never listen to community

Actually the DMR will be receiving a fire rate nerf.. You happy?

• Like 2

LOL, I've been hearing this same thing since Halo2 came out.

"omg, Halo is over, they took all the skill out, now noobs can kill MLG pros"

ha

Just a bunch of people whining because the thousands of hours they spent perfecting every little nuance of the previous game doesn't apply directly to the new one. They die a few times to people that are trying new things and suddenly "oh the skill is gone!!"

Also, tons of "Halo is dead now" posts will be around. Man, the games change but whiny people never do.

• Like 1

Overall I like h4 my list of gripes is short

bolt shot does not require any aim, you can get a ohk without any of the reticule over the enemy

dmr is op'd needs to take one more shot to kill someone

need a gametype without perks

needs a playlist similar to h3, ranked-unranked and similar gametypes (where's assault?)

needs a skill based ranking system

• Like 1

Give everyone a gun = Even match

Give everyone a machete = Even match

Give everyone a bowl of cheerios = Even match

Give everyone a Rocket Laucher = Even match

Give everyone a candy bar = Even match (unless your allegergic to nuts)

Either way I hope you get the point.

He's saying that everyone who hates halo 4 are hypothetically allergic to nuts because they've all been given the same guns and an even slate.

1) a choice between weapons doesn't warrant an even match. Absolutely NOT.

2) I shouldn't be forced to choose a weapon based on the map size or what the other team is doing, that's what I have been meaning by unbalance in weapons.

Say for example I'm playing abandon and the other team is using all DMRs and Boltshots while my team is using BRs and pistols. Which team wins? Depends on how each team is playing, but I give priority to the DRM/Boltshot team because they have a stark advantage for long and close range but not midrange. To overcome this disadvantage the team with BRs and Pistols needs to change their classes to counter whatever the DMR team is doing. The problem with this scenario is that it's making the player have to choose a class he may not want to use because of specific reasons.

You could say that the person doesn't have skill because they can't adapt to DMR Boltshot play but my worry is that the DMR boltshot play is being largely favored over BRs and Pistols. Honest to god I can't kill people with my pistol because they usually beat me with DMRs and Boltshots and I would consider myself to be a pretty above average player in most situations.

Do you all see what I'm getting at? A gun shouldn't be favored over another at the start, they should all be equally powerful to one another. I'm almost always going to choose the DMR and boltshot so why bother even including the BR, pistol, AR, storm rifle, etc. if almost EVERYONE is using a DMR and boltshot.

The other unbalanced part in all this is that let's say that one team, which I'll call red team, is split between BR and DMR and I am on blue team using a DMR. For this to make sense let's say that everyone in the game is of equal skill. So I'm just running around the map looking for guys to kill, i come across a DMR guy and let's say i get the jump on him and out gun him, then I come across a BR guy and outgun him from a long range because i have the advantage, then I go down a tunnel and yet again there's a BR guy. HOWEVER this time he beats me because the BR is the better midrange gun and I am stuck with a DMR. This is where balance is crucial. In halo 2 and halo 3 EVERYONE had a fair advantage, barring any weapon pickups, no matter where you were because you started with the same weapon; therefore, it all came down to skill and not specific advantages I had with my BR over his. In halo 4 this is not the case, you could come across a guy with any combination of primary and secondary weapons and depending on the map and circumstances could be at a stark disadvantage from the start. Unbalance sir. I will call it that all day.

There's is going to be a title update that will decrease the fire rate of the dmr in january. when this happens, all the dmr users will be lost and the br players will rule the game. They will also add in more arena style maps which will favor the br and carbine in january. cheers!
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

LOL, I've been hearing this same thing since Halo2 came out.

"omg, Halo is over, they took all the skill out, now noobs can kill MLG pros"

ha

Just a bunch of people whining because the thousands of hours they spent perfecting every little nuance of the previous game doesn't apply directly to the new one. They die a few times to people that are trying new things and suddenly "oh the skill is gone!!"

Also, tons of "Halo is dead now" posts will be around. Man, the games change but whiny people never do.

I agree with that whole-heartedly. People really just hold spite towards change rather than addressing the actually quality of the game. If Halo 4 was the first, and CE was the current, you'd still have just the same complaints, if not more, revolving around the fan-base's spite towards change. Nostalgia-tardation at it's finest. I do however, belief that there is a lack of skill in Halo 4. That lacking of skill being the use of the DMR and Boltshot. That said, when those weapons are nerfed in the patch, that won't be a problem. So I can say that Halo 4 will be just as skill-based, if not more than it's predecessors.

That's not true. I noticed that the better you are getting headshots and the more tricky you make your gameplay the better your overall score will be. you might call it a noob game but the more power weapons that are used the more the pro players have to adjust to different gameplay situations. its not because they are bad its because they cant adjust themselves to not getting raped by a sticky detonator every 5 seconds of the game.

you're saying the pros have to adjust to the power weapons. This task isnt very easy when no matter how many times you kill the N00b he comes back with a secondary weapon equaslly as deadly as the shotgun? when aweful halo players can turn on camo and crouch for 30 seconds just waiting for you to come within range of their Boltshot bull****, that is how "Good" halo players are getting beat by b"bad kids"

Solution = Bring back Slayer pro or MLG. Or a ranked playlist with default loadouts.... since nerfing the Boltshot or camop isnt an option

Oh dear god, this thread is STILL AROUND?

I feel this needs to be said again.

If a "noob" beats a "pro", either:

1. The noob is not a noob, or

2. The pro is not a pro.

It's not hard.

And does anyone have any actual PROOF of these alleged DMR nerfs? Or are people just slating wishes and opinions as fact again?

ie: Oh yeah, next map is basically maps like the pit. The pit is like, coming back yep. The pit.

Again with a topic like this... Well friend, it's quite simple actually. People tend to use an easy-to-win method on games nowadays and simply refuse to give themselves a real challenge. Right now, these "noobs", as most call them, simply don't have any real skill or taste of their own. They just want to win, and not have a good time.

The best way to deal with them, is to study their movements and play accordingly. Other wise, you need to join them, which I would rather not.

They should just remove Aim assist entirely. Then only the most skilled could play this game. Besides, they don't need help from the game anyway, hence them being called "skilled" in the first place. That oughta teach those infernal noobs to stay out of Halo. It isn't like we need their population numbers anyway....

They should just remove Aim assist entirely. Then only the most skilled could play this game. Besides, they don't need help from the game anyway, hence them being called "skilled" in the first place. That oughta teach those infernal noobs to stay out of Halo. It isn't like we need their population numbers anyway....

Removing the aim assist wouldn't necessarily imply skill but the players eye-hand ability. If this were to become reality then the game would need lower controller sensitivities to combat the lack of aim assist. Needless to say, lowering the amount of aim assist would be useless because the lowered controller sensitivity would be an equal amount of aim assist all on its own resulting in slow moving gameplay with the same amount of aim as it would be WITH the aim assist. I guess you are trying to say to keep the same controller sensitivities but remove the aim assist? This would cause frustration across the gaming industry, probably eradicating the casual gaming community and severely reducing sales of the game. As a result, the company who decided to create the game without aim assist would go out of business...

You may try to comeback saying that you should have an option to remove aim assist or atleast reduce it. Well, this wouldn't necessarily work too well. A change in aim assist would cause the player to ruin their already predetermined shooting style. It is so that aim assist is just a defined area of which the controller sensitivity is lowered, meaning that when you are shooting at your opponant your sensitivity is lowered to a factor of unknown. If the aim assist was changed then you are just changing the controller sensitivity for a defined area. Therefor, the sudden loss of aim assist would be like trying to change your aim assist from 1 to 8 in the defined area. You should be able to adapt to the lack of aim assist but with each interval between no aim assist and having aim assist would result in a temporary adjustment (3 days to 4 weeks adjustment period) period for aiming ability. This would most likely create a fine line between aim assist players and non-aim assist players with aim assist players having the unfair advantage in gameplay. The two groups would have to play with people withing their own aim assist range. Aim assist players would become the norm and the non-aim assist players would become the minority leading to contreversy throughout the gaming community, competitive and casual.

I agree with you. I for one would hate the idea and I would probably drop Halo like a bad habit. I was just giving a sarcastic example of the company catering to hardcore players in the most extreme way.

If you ask me the playlist populations are low enough already without Implementing some hairbrained scheme such as this.

I agree with you. I for one would hate the idea and I would probably drop Halo like a bad habit. I was just giving a sarcastic example of the company catering to hardcore players in the most extreme way.

If you ask me the playlist populations are low enough already without Implementing some hairbrained scheme such as this.

Oh thank god. I thought you were serious >.<

Was about to drop a post about "Not understanding what makes Halo great," and "Go play Unreal Tournament."

I can't stand Halo "pros" who talk about removing aim assist.

Aim assist allows Halo to focus on a wide variety of skills while still requiring good aim, but not making the game ALL about it. And it makes you feel like the supersoldier you're supposed to be playing as.

This video breaks down this question and the direction of Halo 4 onward....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=317AP3DzqXc

http://halocharts.co...lpopulation/all

This video explains a guys opinion about the feeling of Halo 4 and the feeling of the past halo trilogy. He uses broad reasoning and doesn't take into account all the factors behind what he has said. He makes good points but they are too counter-argumentative.- I also noted that his sniping ability was pitiful and the kids he was playing with practically gave him the kill. Needless to say, he may still be a great player.

Removing the aim assist wouldn't necessarily imply skill but the players eye-hand ability. If this were to become reality then the game would need lower controller sensitivities to combat the lack of aim assist. Needless to say, lowering the amount of aim assist would be useless because the lowered controller sensitivity would be an equal amount of aim assist all on its own resulting in slow moving gameplay with the same amount of aim as it would be WITH the aim assist. I guess you are trying to say to keep the same controller sensitivities but remove the aim assist? This would cause frustration across the gaming industry, probably eradicating the casual gaming community and severely reducing sales of the game. As a result, the company who decided to create the game without aim assist would go out of business...

You may try to comeback saying that you should have an option to remove aim assist or atleast reduce it. Well, this wouldn't necessarily work too well. A change in aim assist would cause the player to ruin their already predetermined shooting style. It is so that aim assist is just a defined area of which the controller sensitivity is lowered, meaning that when you are shooting at your opponant your sensitivity is lowered to a factor of unknown. If the aim assist was changed then you are just changing the controller sensitivity for a defined area. Therefor, the sudden loss of aim assist would be like trying to change your aim assist from 1 to 8 in the defined area. You should be able to adapt to the lack of aim assist but with each interval between no aim assist and having aim assist would result in a temporary adjustment (3 days to 4 weeks adjustment period) period for aiming ability. This would most likely create a fine line between aim assist players and non-aim assist players with aim assist players having the unfair advantage in gameplay. The two groups would have to play with people withing their own aim assist range. Aim assist players would become the norm and the non-aim assist players would become the minority leading to contreversy throughout the gaming community, competitive and casual.

I really dont understand this the aim assist pulls u to the person it not slowing u down its aiming for u.

I really dont understand this the aim assist pulls u to the person it not slowing u down its aiming for u.

I really dont understand this the aim assist pulls u to the It person it not slowing u down its aiming for u.

It aims for you in call of duty but in halo it really just slows down your sensitivity while your reticle is inside of it. To prove this, keep your remote still and watch someone run past your reticle. It won't pull your reticle though it will in COD.

Your wrong sir ive had it auto aim for me all the time. Ive aim between two people and have had it aim after the wrong person getting me killed

Because your reticle was closer to that person making it get caught by the persons sensitivity. You couldn't remove the reticle from the body in time to prevent your death. Either way the sensitivity still isn't disproved by that statement you made. Yet again, I will give you another example, if your reticle is to the side of the player you intend to shoot then why doesn't it get pulled toward that person, because all aim assist in halo 4 does is slow down the reticle movement inside the targets perimeter.

Because your reticle was closer to that person making it get caught by the persons sensitivity. You couldn't remove the reticle from the body in time to prevent your death. Either way the sensitivity still isn't disproved by that statement you made. Yet again, I will give you another example, if your reticle is to the side of the player you intend to shoot then why doesn't it get pulled toward that person, because all aim assist in halo 4 does is slow down the reticle movement inside the targets perimeter.

We must not be playin the same game cause my reticule is pulled towards the enemy all the time. Ill be lining up headshots with the snipe and itll pull towards their head. Also I was one shot about to oneshot the other guy and someone running next to him pulled my reticule and the guy I tried to kill got me. Auto aim is very prevelant in this game your wrong sorry