Is Halo 5 going to be a Halo game?

Isaac Kleiner

Hey I've been playing a lot longer than you reach noobs have. And I miss the balanced competitive game known as Halo. Remember BRs on Lock out? Good fun? What do we have now?

Custom Classes

Perks

Armour abilities

No ranking system

Sprint

Care packages

Why do we need this? Why did they make this game so unbalanced and unfair? Catering to the bads I see.

Anyway I would love a "HALO" game for Halo 5.

*sigh* You do realize that if Halo continued down the road that it was on, it would become obsolete so fast your head would spin. Custom classes are strange, true, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy them.

Perks add more depth to the game. Same thing goes for AA's.

There is a ranking system, for God's sake. It's not visible now. It will be in less than a month.

Everyone used sprint all the time anyway, so why not just give it to anyone? Also, what couldn't a super soldier sprint in the first place...

Also, it's not best to say that you've been playing longer than "you reach noobs". I've been playing since CE too, but that doesn't make my opinion more or less valuable.

• Like 2

*sigh* You do realize that if Halo continued down the road that it was on, it would become obsolete so fast your head would spin. Custom classes are strange, true, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy them.

Perks add more depth to the game. Same thing goes for AA's.

There is a ranking system, for God's sake. It's not visible now. It will be in less than a month.

Everyone used sprint all the time anyway, so why not just give it to anyone? Also, what couldn't a super soldier sprint in the first place...

Also, it's not best to say that you've been playing longer than "you reach noobs". I've been playing since CE too, but that doesn't make my opinion more or less valuable.

*nerd voice*

"omg it adds a new dynamic gameplay is a interesting and motivative!1!1!1!1!"

No, it doesn't. All AAs and perks do is piss people off. About to kill someone? Oh I can just pop out a shield, you jelly of my anime hair and ADD bro?

About to shoot someone with a rocket launcher? No worries, he can just fly up with his jet pack.

About to gun someone down? Who cares, you can sprint away.

Wanna farm kills on King of the hill? Get 3 nades with increased dmg

Wanna see where the enemy spawn? No worries, you can see throw walls.

What a mature way to open a thread...

But yeah, those days are gone. Game franchises tend to evolve as they get older and older, because if they don't then the studio that produces said game will run out of money to make another. It takes a ridiculous amount of resources to develope a triple A video game, and quite honestly, I respect 343 for taking a chance to evolve the franchise instead of playing it safe. If they did just copy/paste from Halo 3 then they would have doomed the franchise to stagnation and you would be lucky to even see half of the current MM population online. Too many people would put it down and pick up Black Ops 2, where they can be rewarded with simple, modern, unlockable weapons and perks.

Its a matter of business, son. If you can't accept that and just enjoy games for what they are, then don't play games. Or go back and play your old favorites. I don't care. I just hope they leave the DMR out of the next two Halos. There's no place for that gun and it does the most damage to the weapon balance in Halo 4.

Everything must evolve talk to every person that is old and they say "Back in the old days." People don't like change its naturally but if we don't adapt we are left behind. It may not be the original Halo heck not even the original makers, but I see your points I wanted to play Halo not Call of Duty. but its 343's first time eventually they'll find a good thing and stick to it. But no one can satisfy everyone.

• Like 1

I have to agree, I've played a lot of Halo 3 more than the first two. Not so many fond memories of the first and second. More of being murdered left and right as a novice. When Reach came out, the most annoying thing was the addition of the health bar and the shield system sort of sucked. Playing Halo 4, bringing back the standard shield/health system, brought back a comfort. Yes I understand some people don't like the loadout system but as you rank up the things get better and being rewarded with not just new armor, armor abilities and tacticle additions. Both come in handy for Spartan Opps and the matchmaking.

Give credit to 343, they took on a project that a lot of fans were skeptical about. I think they done great for the Campaign, and for as multiplayer, I have no complaints.

Halo 5 will be a Halo game, otherwise it would fall under another game franchise. On the topic of the game evolving, they are bringing in new mechanics and custom loadouts etc to attract new fans. The bigger fanbase the better. If we didn't evolve the game then we would be stuck with Halo 2 forever, it's not a bad thing. But players will begin to get bored of the same thing over and over, and just stop buying.

But, given the amount of money Halo 4 attracted, i'm expecting Halo 5 to be 10x better than Halo 4.

Ok Buddy several points....

First and foremost...Stop your BS and treating other people like crap, otherwise you will get reported. You need to respect other members AND their opinions...

Second, Halo NEVER stopped being HALO, yes it has changed, and most seem to like it. And while you have a right to voice your opinion , you dont need to be rude about it..

Third, Halo Reach was just as much a Halo game as Halo 3

Fourth, AA and Custom Classes , Loadouts and so on, ADD to the game, Why the hell wouldnt Spartans be allowed to choose their equipment? And i swear to God if i hear another BS story about "CoD Halo" im going to go crazy... HALO IS NOT COD, NEVER HAS BEEN, NEVER WILL BE

Just because you add popular features, it DOES NOT mean that it is less Halo.....and either way Halo is Halo because of its story , not its MP, get your facts straight.......

Thank you for listening, i hope you have enjoyed this butt whooping ^_^

• Like 2

I agree in part with both sides of the argument. I enjoy playing old school halo without all the new stuff but I equally enjoy the new stuff. Infinity slayer has the tendency to piss me off with all the power weapons going around, that is however personal preference. What is probably best for the game is to stop feeling like a beta. I do mean that, to me halo 4 feels more like a beta than a finished game. No file-share ( as of yet), some balancing issues, map design (they are lacking so don't go into it), and so on. If they had launched halo 4 as a beta I would have felt better about all the issues but they chose to say they were done and fix it as they went. More to the point I am trying to make is that a classic playlist would be nice. Somewhere I don't have all the new stuff and I can just play. Another playlist I would love to see is a variant of infinity slayer without ordinance or at least specified ordinance. So people stop hating on each other we all enjoy different parts of the game, doesn't mean we are the majority. To op, grow up. I enjoy the old halo's but your not the be all end all in your opinion. Everyone else, you grow up to. Make points based on an unbiased opinion and try to see all sides of the argument. I mean no offense to anyone but try to be objective, we really don't need this to turn into the waypoint forums, just constant hating on one an other.

• 1 month later...

I have played every single halo game since 2001 except for Halo wars because it wasn't a shooter and I think every single game has been good. The only people who complain about any of the halo games just complain because they cannot adapt to new changes.

People complained that Halo P.C. was better than Halo C.E. for the xbox, because console games can't compete with PC games, plus there were more maps and options for P.C. Also because it wasn't available for Xbox live so you could not play it competitively.

People complained about Halo 2 when it came out because they got rid of the three shot pistol for a BR and the campaign wasn't as good. (Br was very easy to adapt to.) Then eventually people said Halo 2 wasn't as bad as they originally thought. Same story with Halo 2 Vista, although I personally think console Halo 2 is better.

Halo 3 comes out, everyone said it sucked compared to Halo 2 and C.E. because the br had spread now, and the ranking system to getting to a 50 was too easy. People started selling their accounts for money. (Which is why Reach and Halo 4 came with no ranking system, to prevent boosting and selling of accounts.)

Halo 3 ODST, people complained about how you did not play as Master Cheif and it doesn't count as a Halo game because of that factor alone. Oh, and no online multiplayer.

Halo Reach people complained about because of the introduction to Armor Abilites, new ranking system (Arena instead of 1-50) and no BR. (Dmr was fine in my opinion if you knew how to use it.)

Halo Anniversary comes out, people complain that it doesn't have online multiplayer, so it is a waste of money. (Online multiplayer would have split halo reach with it, bad idea.)

Halo 4 comes out, people say it is basically Halo Reach 2.0, only closer to Call of Duty, so it is no good. People complain about how the DMR is more powerful than the BR and how they kept armor abilities and no ranking system. (At least they brought the BR back.)

Every Single game has been good, but no matter what, someone is going to complain about something because people don't like and also refuse to accept change.

I am positive that once Halo 5 and other games come out, people will complain.

If you honestly think you can do a better job, why don't you go apply for a job at 343 industries and try to convince them that you can be their saving grace. You will fail. (End Rant.)

If you want all Halo games like CE, 2 and 3, go play those games. I for one, have enjoyed this one much more than any other online. I actually want to play online on this, which is unusual for me. I rarely play online on games.

As a child I got halo 2 as a gift, and loved it. I continued enjoying every halo since then for what is was worth. Granted, I find the multiplayer lacking, but for different reasons. Perks are so insignificant that they don't make up for lack of skill, sprint adds a great new combat dynamic, and none of the armor abilities are crutches like armor lock was in halo reach. Honestly, if you can't hit a guy using a jetpack, then you have no right to be playing competitively. I do want a barebones gametype, and I do want the removal of kill streaks, but they aren't what makes the multiplayer bad. The enormous lack of good gametypes is the problem, but that is for another thread.

*nerd voice*

"omg it adds a new dynamic gameplay is a interesting and motivative!1!1!1!1!"

No, it doesn't. All AAs and perks do is piss people off. About to kill someone? Oh I can just pop out a shield, you jelly of my anime hair and ADD bro?

About to shoot someone with a rocket launcher? No worries, he can just fly up with his jet pack.

About to gun someone down? Who cares, you can sprint away.

Wanna farm kills on King of the hill? Get 3 nades with increased dmg

Wanna see where the enemy spawn? No worries, you can see throw walls.

So if you're losing a fight, being able to do jack about it is a good thing?

Armor abilities do require skill to use. Sprint, for example, can be used by anyone, but from what I've seen only a few use it skillfully. For instance yesterday night on Halo Reach, someone used Sprint to blindly charge me with a shotgun. That's not proper use of it. From what I've seen the use of Sprint to close the distance or escape from attack requires some degree of skill.

It's the same deal with the jet pack. If an idiot is just flying high over the battlefield with it, you can pick them off easily. But if it's used properly, it can be used to avoid attack, as you pointed out, although I mostly use it for boarding tanks.

The only armor ability that does not require skill, IMO, is armor lock. Fortunately 343 threw armor lock in the trash where it belongs.

Armor abilities have made the game more complicated.

"About to shoot someone with a rocket launcher? No worries, he can just fly up with his jet pack"

Wow, using a rocket launcher requires skill now. What a terrible thing. Don't you miss pulling the trigger and getting rewarded with at least one kill 100% of the time?