Twist Control: The New Xbox 360 Dashboard

twist-control-the-new-xbox-360-dashboard.jpg

Twist Control is the name of the new Xbox 360 dashboard according to Robin Burrowes, Xbox Live product marketing manager for EMEA. The new dashboard is supposedly coming out later this year.

Due to the massive amounts of content on the Xbox Live Marketplace, nearing 20,000, the new dashboard was necessary to make it look less cluttered and easier to use. Twist will make it easier to browse for this content as well as for games.

“Hopefully the new dash will show this service proposition goes beyond gaming,” said Burrowes. “We’ll never lose our focus on that gaming audience. In fact, developing the investment infrastructure to develop programs like cloud storage and Facebook posting and the beacons, are three examples of continuing to invest in that space." [/url]

If you have a Xbox Kinect, the redesign will allow you to have voice and motion control over the menu. Twist Control also includes new channels and a top display, allowing for easier use for those still using the 360 controller. The Beacons section will allow users to post what they're doing on Xbox Live and Facebook, and will make it easier for you to contact your friends.

“Our games Marketplace environment is really beginning to get optimized. We’re now selling more with new transaction space than we are with subscription space for the first, which is showing to us our core audience is staying with us and spending more time, money and effort within games as well as entertainment.”

Twist Control is expected to launch sometime before Christmas. As we get more details we'll be sure to get them to you. In the meantime, are you excited for the new dash? It's very...not green, so I like that atleast.

[via g4tv.com]

This post has been promoted to an article

I like it and I think people will warm up to it. I hated the last dash update. And now on my friends xbox he still has the old one and it looks to weird. Also, the Kinect control looks awesome. Too bad I'll never buy Kinect (no offense Microsoft!)

I for one like it. I am hoping it is easier to navigate. Everytime I scroll to the right for a decade then accidentally slightly push up on the control stick I have to start all over. This is especially annoying for netflix. Any idea if they will be changing their dashboard since it mocks the xbox dashboard?

I like the look of the new dashboard, but then again, i like virtually anything thats blue lol but still, since they've had so many different dashboards, it would be nice to let people pick which one they want to use, i like many others have bought themes and premium themes, as the dashboard gets changed, it usually renders one of them to not work or look as good as it used to and thats a total waste of money, so for this reason alone, they should allow people to be able to pick the one they want instead of forcing a new one on everyone! And i think they should start doing downloadable xbox sound effects in the marketplace instead of building specific consoles with it integrated lol

• 3 weeks later...