Voice Chat Banned

Ruben Camacho

Do a quick google search and you'll see people getting banned left and right from speaking in Halo 4. You'll also see most of these bans are unwarranted as people across the board are saying they are not raging, cursing or yelling. Some have speculated that many mutes cause the ban, I don't know all I know is that a generic message of a week long ban without any specifics is pretty damn ridiculous. We paid good money for this game AND for xbox live I would assume week LONG bans a last resort for repeat offenders not what it currently is, a zero tolerance agenda. Can I get some input on this matter.

• Like 2

Do a quick google search and you'll see people getting banned left and right from speaking in Halo 4. You'll also see most of these bans are unwarranted as people across the board are saying they are not raging, cursing or yelling. Some have speculated that many mutes cause the ban, I don't know all I know is that a generic message of a week long ban without any specifics is pretty damn ridiculous. We paid good money for this game AND for xbox live I would assume week LONG bans a last resort for repeat offenders not what it currently is, a zero tolerance agenda. Can I get some input on this matter.

Repeat mutes are usually done because of three reasons:

1) Music. So many people just play music through their mic and it's obnoxious.

2) Echo. A lot of times the mic is too close to the speakers and you hear everything twice. It's annoying really

3) Obnoxious. Kids getting on yelling and cursing will usually be muted.

Those are the reasons I mute people. If you're worried about being muted too many times and eventually banned for a week, do what I do. I only use my mic when in a Xbox Live party with my friends. When not in a party I don't usually plug my mic in. You still get the same gaming experience. Very rarely do I have a mic in when I'm not in Xbox Live party.

I've noticed that too. In Halo 3 the majority of the people had the mics. Everyone was using them. And granted a lot of the time they were used inappropriately but there were the players who used them to help the team. With Halo 4 very rarely do you see people with mics in an open chat, most of them are in a private chat with their friends.

If you get voice chat banned odds are people are reporting you for a violation of some sort. Check to make sure your mic isn't creating feedback, try not to curse, and use it for strategic purposes.

• 3 months later...

Repeat mutes are usually done because of three reasons:

1) Music. So many people just play music through their mic and it's obnoxious.

2) Echo. A lot of times the mic is too close to the speakers and you hear everything twice. It's annoying really

3) Obnoxious. Kids getting on yelling and cursing will usually be muted.

Those are the reasons I mute people. If you're worried about being muted too many times and eventually banned for a week, do what I do. I only use my mic when in a Xbox Live party with my friends. When not in a party I don't usually plug my mic in. You still get the same gaming experience. Very rarely do I have a mic in when I'm not in Xbox Live party.

I wish I would stop reading posts like these... Posts where people in authority tell people with problems  to basiclly  go away. 

I mean, MR Ackbar did you ignore the portion of the posts that said people with no mics are getting mic banned?

This can only mean that people are being allowed to make baseless and false accusations  that result in harming others.

People (children ) are being taken at their word with no proof at all, in one of the most trolled games on the market.

Why?   

To have a ban for a lie, told by a troll ,just for the lols.... 

It's wrong.  

343 stated before H4's release that they would be banning people who used too much vulgar language, racial slurs, etc. I'm assuming the mute feature is how they determine if someone gets a ban for it.

no one talks in this game as is. theres 0 social interaction.. If you were able to do like halo 3 and Other games  then we'd have more people talking.

It's funny the good things from other games 343 decides not to mimic those features -.-

anyways muted for lang is just silly. but i don't play halo 4 anymore because i feel like every person i play is a bot since i can't conversate with the other team. before or after games

I agree that banning people from talking is a little extreme. When I mute people, I dont expect that my decision to mute gets logged anywhere... I presumed that it simply silenced the player.

Had no idea I was simultaniously voting to ban.

Most of the time, its an overly talkative kid with a high-pitched voice that has to say something every time he hits the jump button. Other times its people playing music, people yelling and fighting, or some kindly black fellow yelling "AWWWW YEAAAAAA M$@##%#" over and over again.

In these instances, ease of muting is my favourite feature. Wish it worked so well in COD and Battlefield.

Personally, I don't talk on the mic unless I'm playing Full House Poker or Rainbow Six.