Halo 2 HD Now a possibility

I meant for when another system comes out like 720 or something. It's going to eventually happen.

yea eventually but halo 5 or 6 would be out by then I would think. Plus they have only remade one game so far and I just bought it today. Its not like they are getting carried away yet. I think halo 2 deserves it. It put xbox live on the map. I do see your point but I think we are atleast 3 years away from the 720, probably more like 5 years.

Id rather have them put a remake of halo2 as an add-on to halo reach instead of being disk based

Halo 2 is NOTHING like reach so that would be a failure. Im a hard core halo 2 fan and I would NOT buy the remake if it had anything to do with reach. If you are taking about using an existing engine, then it should definitely be halo 3 engine. Any one who spent hours on H2 like myself would be appalled if they did something like use the reach engine. How about they dont half.ass the game and give us a real remake next time. I love the halo cea campaign but the multiplayer doesn't feel like the original AT ALL. I knew what I was buying but I promise I will NOT EVER buy anything related to halo reach again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me, Halo 2 was the best damn thing since sliced Bread. I want a remake, but the multiplayer must be Halo 2's style of multiplayer, maybe halo 4's style. The campaign must be perfect! I got alot of sentimental feelings for that game....ones on every level..a feeling of beautiful, but painful nostalgia..... just keep those feelings to the game. Also the campaign must have the same glitches it had before, must have a juggernaut flood at the original place it's always been in halo 2....and skulls......oh and the multiplayer cannot have any of those unfair glitches.

unfair glitches? BXR and BXB and super jumps are what made you a real man in H2. And as far as quad shot its a joke and you get pooped on.

i have a good idea for you folks and for 343i they can make halo 2 anniversary for the ten year anniversary. in 2012 halo 4 will release and instead of halo 2 realeasing in 2013 they can realease halo 5 and keep the ten year anniversary going and realease halo 2 anniversary in 2014, the next year, 2015 realease halo six, 2016 release a side project, and in 2017 release halo 3 anniversary its almost an annual thing if they pull this off, whatever the side project is porobably something like odst some other character have to do with the new reclaimer trilogy

I am going to revise my thought on this for now. Remaking the original game was a novel idea. It truly was a hallmark game and was the beginning to the series. I have stated somewhere else that instead of now remaking the older games that maybe just bringing the original maps of Halo 2 back would be enough. There would hopefully be enough thought given to the potential of including the maps some day within the new engine for Halo4 that it could be possible. The game is missed by so many and either having the maps or possibly bringing the original system back online for the fans would be a consideration. If they do any of this it will be long after Halo 4 arrives.

Ui

I am going to revise my thought on this for now. Remaking the original game was a novel idea. It truly was a hallmark game and was the beginning to the series. I have stated somewhere else that instead of now remaking the older games that maybe just bringing the original maps of Halo 2 back would be though. There would hopefully be enough thought given to the potential of including the maps some day within the new engine for Halo4 that it could be possible. The game is missed by so many and either having the maps or possibly bringing the original system back online for the fans would be a consideration. If they do any of this it will be long after Halo 4 arrives.

I hope to see a remake of halo 2 for the Xbox live anniversary, like halo 1 came out this year with the xbox ten year anniversary as well as halo itself having an anniversary. Halo 2 jump started xbox live so it makes sense. Halo 2 is the game that made microsoft bring friends list to the xbox 360 for goodness sake lol, if no one believes me go watch "o brave new world" Bungie 20 years documentary. I would totally accept bringing the original system back online too, I would almost rather have this but HD would be awesome. Im pretty sure we will see some halo 2 maps in H4 regardless and that is just going to make us want halo 2 on the 360 even more. Xbox live will have an anniversary of ten years in the next couple years. I think we will get a remake eventually, whenever the time is right for 343 and microsoft.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

it would be cool if we got a halo 2 remaked as its my fav halo game, but to me it seems that these guys are bowing to every demand that the fans make we just got halo ce remake and now they want a halo 2 remake i thought that the announcement of a new trilogy would be more then enough, im too excited and eager for halo4 to think about remakes and these changes that has been made to reach that the fans have requested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...