Has potential but fails - Too easy & too short

Melthris

It's silly you can't fail it, it's like when they took Firefight limited out of reach for the silly "arcade" version where people ran around with jet packs and fuel rods with unlimited lives, it's fun for only a few times and is not as near exhilarating as being on your last life dodging an elite charging you with an energy sword

• Like 3

My opinion on spartan ops is that is that it is boring.
  1. Very repetitive.
  2. little to no replay value
  3. way to easy with the unlimited lives(very easy even on legendary).
  4. no scoring system.
  5. not fun and not built to play by yourself.
  6. cutscenes are lame.
  7. doesn't explain things(why are the prometheans still red if the didact is dead,because wasn't it when the didact regained control that they became red.
  8. why do we have to play as some lame sideline character named crimson.
  9. every mission feels like some petty errand.
  10. most missions end with just clearing out the same enemies over and over.

Great game 343 but spartan ops is in my opinion is pretty crappy .

@Jackal Minor

doesn't explain things(why are the prometheans still red if the didact is dead,because wasn't it when the didact regained control that they became red.

I think that the spartan ops take place during the campaign. During Episode 1 Chapter 5 the woman talking to you on the COMM says something about the covenant and prometheans now working together. If it was after the campaign then they wouldn't be surprised that they were working together.

not fun and not built to play by yourself.

I think that it was built to play by yourself. In my opinion there should be certain spots that 2,3,4 people should have to press buttons within a certain time limit of each other or they have to start the button process over. I think that SO should revolve more around multiplayer than just run and gun by yourself.

little to no replay value

I agree that the Spartan Ops have no replay value but I don't the campaign did either. I was dreading and waiting to get through the campaign. After every achievement i got saying i beat he level I felt relieved that I was one step closer to being done with the campaign. I think the main issue with both is the prometheans. I HATE THEM. They hide to much and teleport. I don't want to have to play a level where i need to run around the map and try to chase the enemy down while he teleports and re-heals.

HOW do i turn off the stupid site chat? While typing this i keep having to pause a split second while the site updates and tells me that someone else said something stupid.

ODST Firefight on heroic had me and my friends on the edge of our seats headshotting all the grunts, using plasma weapons to neutralize shields, conserving as much ammo as possible, not wasting power weapons unless it'd annihilate multiple foes or a powerful enemy (like charging chieftains or Hunters.). Reach killed firefight by first not keeping the challenge up to par. (we're spartans now. So it should be harder to make up for it.) Then they made arcade and crucified it. Now I feel like 343 is spitting on the corpse by replacing it with something that is (IMO) a laughing stock. Too easy, too fast, too repetitive. If it wasnt for the story, I wouldnt even bother with Spartan Ops

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you expect them to make MASSIVE and amazing things EVERY. WEEK. I hated firefight and thought I'd hate this but the mini campaign is actually one of my favourite things. And it's designed to be short, it was never advertised as series with campaign- long missions.

Spartan Ops has serious potential, but I agree, it does seem to fall short. Still, these episodes have been slightly improved. At least the maps are different this time - although I didn't really want to jinx it there as 343i might be reusing these new environments in future episodes.