H4 user friendly CoD elements?

Dooooooooooood

H4 CoD elements: Instant respawn, joining a game thats already started (when losing), loadouts, no neutral weapons on the map, kill streaks (ordinance), no quick-scopes (bc we stay zoomed) and killcams. I know Halo is Halo and CoD is CoD. It just seems to me that theyre making it more user friendly (like CoD). I love this game over all though. Specifically joining a game thats already started gets at me the most out of these elements. I really dont understand joining a game when Im already losing 550-200. I only mentioned the others to show there is CoD elements in H4. lmk whatcha think

As I have said in a thousand freakin other threads while Halo 4 has COD elements it does not feel like COD in gameplay at all. It feels like halo.May I ask that you please use the f****** search bar for it's intended use before making another pointless thread like this.

Well, you CAN join into games where the team you are joining is winning, I just had it happen. And you CAN quick scope, when you go to zoon in with your right thumbstick (R3) don't click it in, push it down and hold the R3. It will simply stay zoomed in until you let off. Either way quick scoping is the same as it has always been honestly. The only down side to this is the leaving and joining of players. Other than that it seems like 343 played it smart by taking the best of both worlds. Other than the OP DMR >.<

cod is not a bad game it just isnt. i dont like the franchise anymore but my personal taste does not make something bad. there are small elements of the cod way in halo 4 and imo they are a good thing apart from the joining mid game which is poor other than that the loadouts, perks and ordinance drops are good

They're obviously elements of CoD in H4, its down to personnel opinion as to whether or not you feel H4 plays like CoD, it cannot be a fact that it does or doesn't as the two games are obviously different and at the same time obviously share some elements.

Personally I feel that 343i looked at CoD and sore how successful it is and made the decision to put elements that make CoD what it is would be a good idea on a purely business level.

Simple really, look at other games, take what makes them popular, implement them into your own game = mass success

However you don't have to do that, H3 was massively successful and was unlike any other game, seems to me that 343i took the easy root of copying elements of other successful games instead of evolving H3.

H4 CoD elements: Instant respawn, joining a game thats already started (when losing), loadouts, no neutral weapons on the map, kill streaks (ordinance), no quick-scopes (bc we stay zoomed) and killcams. I know Halo is Halo and CoD is CoD. It just seems to me that theyre making it more user friendly (like CoD). I love this game over all though. Specifically joining a game thats already started gets at me the most out of these elements. I really dont understand joining a game when Im already losing 550-200. I only mentioned the others to show there is CoD elements in H4. lmk whatcha think

The instant respawn is a choice, one of which I approve. You do not need to use it.

Join In Progress has it's advantages and disadvantages. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but I can't fault them for including it.

loadouts - most games have some sort of loadout. To say that it's a CoD element only is a little idiotic imo.

Their are neutral weapon spawns on the map. It is only super-weapons because the other's are available in the loadouts.

Ordinance - They have done this right at least. They haven't put in anything that is over-powered. People are used to the overshields and power weapons anyway. I actually like the Ordinance in this.

how is no-quick scopes a CoD thing? You can quick scope like nothing else in that game and even no scope is easier. No-Scoping and quick-scoping have been a part of Halo since the days of Halo 2 (multiplayer wise) You just need to click the scope after your shot.

I agree that the killcams are useless, but CoD wasn't the first game to have Killcams I'm sure of it. Plus, the killcams in Halo 4 are broken, most of the time not actually showing what happens.

But Halo does not feel like CoD because the gameplay is still Halo. And the things that change the gameplay, feel right at home in CoD because of the way they have done things.

If you guys REALLY want to get technical with "where the ideas came from" to form the new style of Halo 4 then it goes back to 'Unreal Tournament' and 'Counter Strike' games. I will never say this enough, games do not copy material from other games. For one it is copyright fraud..343 has taken what they have deemed the "best" of ideas and put them into Halo 4. Yes, you see them in COD, Counter Strike, Medal of Honor, Ghost Recon, etc. But you must ask yourselves why they all chose to use the same style of gaming? Because NO competitive gaming company will settle for anything less than the best. Halo 4 may have the layout most FPS games have, but I assure you that this game is one in its own. Unique, one of a kind journey.

• Like 1

The instant respawn is a choice, one of which I approve. You do not need to use it.

Join In Progress has it's advantages and disadvantages. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but I can't fault them for including it.

loadouts - most games have some sort of loadout. To say that it's a CoD element only is a little idiotic imo.

Their are neutral weapon spawns on the map. It is only super-weapons because the other's are available in the loadouts.

Ordinance - They have done this right at least. They haven't put in anything that is over-powered. People are used to the overshields and power weapons anyway. I actually like the Ordinance in this.

how is no-quick scopes a CoD thing? You can quick scope like nothing else in that game and even no scope is easier. No-Scoping and quick-scoping have been a part of Halo since the days of Halo 2 (multiplayer wise) You just need to click the scope after your shot.

I agree that the killcams are useless, but CoD wasn't the first game to have Killcams I'm sure of it. Plus, the killcams in Halo 4 are broken, most of the time not actually showing what happens.

But Halo does not feel like CoD because the gameplay is still Halo. And the things that change the gameplay, feel right at home in CoD because of the way they have done things.

I think you summed it up great. The game doesn't feel like CoD whatsoever to me, and even if they do have some similarities...so what? It's a FPS shooter, most are going to have some similarities, whereas I believe Halo kept its feel.