Halo 4 Matchmaking a disgrace to the Halo Franchise [READ]

sidewayswaffle

A little background, I have been a huge Halo supporter since the original Halo and have turned dozens of people onto the game between the original and 4.

I don't even know where to begin with Halo 4, I guess asking a question like; How do you take a perfectly good game that maybe needed a few minor adjustments in online gameplay and COMPLETELY **** it up? Seriously. I keep telling myself to "give it a chance" and "I'll get used to it" but I keep finding myself just frustrated with these over-thought changes. I'm not going to state everything I disagree with as I have probably lost everyone halfway through this paragraph but I have one issue I feel that I need to bring up for pure stupidity.

Why aren't there weapons scattered everywhere on the map? Scattered weapons promote movement, currently everyone stays in one ******* area and it's boring! How can something so simple be overlooked?

343, please call Bungie for help as you have missed the point of Halo Matchmaking.

P.S. The campaign is great, but it looks like I'll be going back to Reach for Matchmaking.

A little background, I have been a huge Halo supporter since the original Halo and have turned dozens of people onto the game between the original and 4.

I don't even know where to begin with Halo 4, I guess asking a question like; How do you take a perfectly good game that maybe needed a few minor adjustments in online gameplay and COMPLETELY **** it up? Seriously. I keep telling myself to "give it a chance" and "I'll get used to it" but I keep finding myself just frustrated with these over-thought changes. I'm not going to state everything I disagree with as I have probably lost everyone halfway through this paragraph but I have one issue I feel that I need to bring up for pure stupidity.

Why aren't there weapons scattered everywhere on the map? Scattered weapons promote movement, currently everyone stays in one ******* area and it's boring! How can something so simple be overlooked?

343, please call Bungie for help as you have missed the point of Halo Matchmaking.

P.S. The campaign is great, but it looks like I'll be going back to Reach for Matchmaking.

I 100% agree with you, but of course some d-bag is gonna come say "don't like it don't play it" the guys over at bungie are probably dying inside to what they did to the game, CoD fanboys turned Dev. They don't deserve the name 343

It's really just the total lack of BTB-related Objective matches. Slayer got old in 2007. Seriously, how can you hog-tie Clans into booting several players out so you can fit into a 5 v 5? Total embarassment. A decision made by people who haven't built up Clan-sized crews of FRIENDS over the years. Friends being key.

• Like 1

It's really just the total lack of BTB-related Objective matches. Slayer got old in 2007. Seriously, how can you hog-tie Clans into booting several players out so you can fit into a 5 v 5? Total embarassment. A decision made by people who haven't built up Clan-sized crews of FRIENDS over the years. Friends being key.

343 wanted the most popular playlists ready for launch. They will be adding more soon. They also have said multiple times that they liked the clan system from Halo 2 and are considering adding something similar.

Yeah, I hear you there. I haven't enjoyed Slayer nearly as much since I got into Battlefield as well. My biggest personal hope is that we get a dedicated Single-Flag CTF playlist. I love the Attack/Defend dynamic of that gametype.

• Like 1

I strongly prefer everything about Halo 4 except for the one thing you happened to mention. There definitely needs to be something promoting map movement. The game runs fine in the objective modes though, but in slayer it is a real pain because the whole team can just camp right where they spawn and have the game in their hands if they camp organized enough. I think a good compromise between ordnance drops and weapon spawns would be if you could earn your ordnances but would be able to call them in just anywhere. There would be certain terminals scattered on the map that would let you call them in or something. Meh, just a thought but it clearly couldn't be integrated. Also, it's not just a matter of putting rockets and shotguns on the maps now, then there would be too many power weapons between the spawned weapons and the ordnance.

problems with h4

1. no weapons ammo on maps, Promotes camping

2.instant respawn gives bad and good players a chance to win

3. ordance drops. they should just give it to people who get 5 kills in a row and put weapons back on map not for any 5 kills i think it is.

Love the game i think if fixed right can be a much better game then halo 3 343 just has to take the right steps in making halo the top game played again.

• 1 month later...

This game is broken beyond all hope....

Fed up of hitting these forums and getting bigoted opinions from Americans who are enjoying the game as they seem to be the only country with dedicated servers. Everywhere else the game is a laggy mess.

Specializations being capped is a mockery, and no word of a release date for Euro gamers.

I want my money back, 343 are laughing all the way to the bank, Bungie must be so sad at what has become of their beautiful creation.

£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$ <<<< all 343 care about.

A disgrace

This game is broken beyond all hope....

Fed up of hitting these forums and getting bigoted opinions from Americans who are enjoying the game as they seem to be the only country with dedicated servers. Everywhere else the game is a laggy mess.

Specializations being capped is a mockery, and no word of a release date for Euro gamers.

I want my money back, 343 are laughing all the way to the bank, Bungie must be so sad at what has become of their beautiful creation.

£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$ <<<< all 343 care about.

A disgrace

Americans don't have dedicated servers.

It always bothers me when I see people complaining about a non-issue or getting a problem all wrong.

First off, what's this about no map movement or halo 4 promoting camping? I've never seen a more anti-camper game, the only people who get away with it are camo snipers on large maps and they ALWAYS got away with it. That's the extreme. Halo 4 maps lack almost any defensible positions, your primary source of new ammo is dead enemies, and people can see through walls. That's not "promotes camping." Argue all you like, you're the crazy one.

There ARE weapons on the map, you get nav points to them, it's just that everyone sprints and there's nowhere good to defend yourself with your newly acquired power weapons, so you die and lose them to enemies or despawn. The same weapons don't keep spawning in the same places on the map, BETTER ones start spawning. You get sticky detonator + scattershot + needler in the beginning, then you get incineration cannon and binary rifle.

Halo 4 has lots of problems, please learn what they are so we can make some coherent complaints some time in the future.