Will 343 Consider making a new ODST Game?

NANOjam

32 members have voted

1. 1. Does a new ODST Game interest YOU!

If 343 were to make a new ODST game I hope it would incorpotate this idea.

The idea is that later in the story when you've proved youself, you are given a number of missions to complete and you get to choose which missions to undertake first. Missions can change dynamicly depending on what order you pick them.

For instance You have 2 parts of a single mission. A Stealth section into Covenant Base or a Support section to defend a VIP.

You pick to drop into the stealth mission first over the support mission. The stealth mission is much harder because you have to land a fair distance away and sneak in. The Brutes are getting ready to deploy to destory the support mission so during the stealth mission you have an oppertunity to make it easier on yourself in the support mission with less enemies. Once completed you make your way to the Support mission and Recover the VIP. BUT if you were to take the Support mission first, you have greater friendly support. Taking the support mission first changes the Stealth mission into a Raid because now have to clear the way for a safe extraction.

Not every mission has to be like this, I just thought it would be a good change of pace and would also add to replayability. This type of dynamic mission lends itself well to the nature of the ODST being able to drop where ever they need to be.

I dont think any halo game linking to the past games will be made, those were bungies games, so 343 will concentrate on halo 4, 5, and 6

I'm not asking them to make a game linking into past games. If they have plans for Halo 4,5 and 6 it would be nice to see some ODST action too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked the city feel. I would like to see some of that in H$ since the planet looks so Tech advanced but anyways about ODST.

I think they will be doing some side projects in between releasing H4 H5 and H6 every other or every third year. An ODST themed game seems to be a likely candidate.

• Like 1

Would be good if they did, I enjoyed the ODST campaign, the walking backwards and forwards through the City did get on my nerves a bit, would of been better if there were more covenant in the city.

I really liked the city feel. I would like to see some of that in H4 since the planet looks so Tech advanced but anyways about ODST.

I think they will be doing some side projects in between releasing H4 H5 and H6 every other or every third year. An ODST themed game seems to be a likely candidate.

I loved the large City of ODST and the film noir style story, and I'd like to see this expanded.

My favorite story in the Halo Legends is "The Babysitter" - I'd love to explore an environment like in that story using objects in the world to your advantage. I also like the idea of being stationed on a USNC Frigate patroling the universe, waiting for the next mission from the Brass. This would open up the choice of locations to visit in the campaign aswell using the frigate as the central hub.

With Halo4 being based in an unknown area of space, that leaves the ODST to deal with the remaining Covenant loyalists as well as Human Insurgents. Although it would be boring to just do random missions with no sight of an end-game, would be cool if the frigate was on the tail of a Covenant ship with intel on Forerunner experimental weaponry.

If 343 were to make a new ODST game I hope it would incorpotate this idea.

The idea is that later in the story when you've proved youself, you are given a number of missions to complete and you get to choose which missions to undertake first. Missions can change dynamicly depending on what order you pick them.

For instance You have 2 parts of a single mission. A Stealth section into Covenant Base or a Support section to defend a VIP.

You pick to drop into the stealth mission first over the support mission. The stealth mission is much harder because you have to land a fair distance away and sneak in. The Brutes are getting ready to deploy to destory the support mission so during the stealth mission you have an oppertunity to make it easier on yourself in the support mission with less enemies. Once completed you make your way to the Support mission and Recover the VIP. BUT if you were to take the Support mission first, you have greater friendly support. Taking the support mission first changes the Stealth mission into a Raid because now have to clear the way for a safe extraction.

Not every mission has to be like this, I just thought it would be a good change of pace and would also add to replayability. This type of dynamic mission lends itself well to the nature of the ODST being able to drop where ever they need to be.

That would be fun... but your post confused me slightly.

The replayability will be exceptional.

That would be fun... but your post confused me slightly.

The replayability will be exceptional.

Basicly, you take the Stealth Mission first, you can take out a large number of enemies by sabotaging their dropships, you then go to recover the VIP but by this time many friendly forces have been killed making it more difficult to defend. If you take the Support Mission first you have saved friendly forces and have greater defences from the incoming enemy (that would have been destoried had you landed there first.) Once that has been dealt with, you still need to enter the Covenant bace to destroy the AA gun that would harm the VIP Pick-up. Mission complete.

And like I mentioned before, the ODST are perfect for this type of "drop into mission" mechanic. Also, being based on a UNSC frigate roaming the universe gathering intel, defending civilians and rebels from covenant forces while on the hunt for a covenant ship with stolen UNSC property. Sounds fun.

• 2 weeks later...

what would be cool if they just had a campaign game; no knew multiplayer, (maybe firefight) but just a HUGE campaign. like twice as long as halo 3, with a bit more variety, not necisarily choosing which mission to do first, but choosing to go cqb or hop on a turret or take sniping duty when defending a base or something. the replayabilately would be intense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was a good game. They need to continue some things though. Like what happened to the ODST'S when they escaped in the Phantom. Where did they go? I think it happened sometime between Halo 2 and 3. Hey, who knows maybe we'll find them on the Forerunner Planet.

• 6 months later...

I very much would like to see a new ODST game, seeing as I really liked the layout and the way that the first one switched up the quintessential halo game. Plus a lot of the ideas that have been pitched on this page seem very good, I especially like NANOjam's idea, I think that this would be a very good way to go about a new ODST game.

I agree with everything Nano says, i loved The city of mombasa. ODST Seemed to me more spec ops rather than just LEEROY JENKINS Pew Pew everything. The cutscenes were also very good and i also loved the audio logs they were fun but very very challenging with or without using the internet XD.

So i agree with nano that they should consider this idea

Alas, another fellow Spartan who would love to embrace the ODST expierence again!

I personally loved ODST's play-style; this'll obviously improve due to technology advancement.

Remember all the hugely cinematic sequences in games?

It'd be easy to incorporate the new specialized marine serving thee corporation the Chief is assigned to!

Wrong. Kind of, the return of the SMG and the scoped pistol really changed the game for the better however, it was less interactive than other Halo games!

I know Halo 1-3 was kind of "push the button" staged fights; this was fun! Good ol' days...

Martin states that "anything Call of Duty can do, Halo can do better", time to have these varied, uncertain objectives.

Instead of deploying into the battlefield, wouldn't leveling up to unlock better starting-weapons add finesse to what was considered as initially a "DLC Pack"?

Oh wait, something that we consided to initially be a "DLC Pack" could beat CoD.

Halo 4 has it's fairly new recognition for introducing a class system; first step to becoming one of the best games out there, beating all the over games at their own game!

(I'm sure we'll kick CoD's imperfect ass at their own game, anyway.)

Incorporating this is into a new firefight will keep firefight from looking like a try-hard 'Horde' mode; even Martin will agree that trying to beat games not personally competing with us is kind of immature.

If we would still use drop pods, shouldn't we be able to control them?

If we had custom loadouts, shouldn't we have a whole weight system to stop the classic "Rockets & Laser" approach? - This just fires wrecking shots itno professional map's gameplay expierences. We don't want stuff like that back.

I'm sure 343 might consider planning this out; I hope it does.

If another game is made other than Halo 4, 5, and 6 then it shouldn't be another O.D.S.T. game. It should follow up with the new red v.s. blue idea that they made for multiplayer. Also maybe following the Spartan Ops stories that will be released. You would play as your spartan, keep your rank, keep your armor, but have a standard color.