Server issues, Bugs, Errors, Post them here - Community info Topic

Community Info

Default Playlist server unavailable.

OK, First off I have been placed in the default playlist sinse 1 hour after purchase for two days now.

I have attempted any and all solutions suggested.

I decided to clear cache and delete/download my profile.

I logged back into Xbox, started up halo 4 and alas I am now back on the regular servers :).... but wait whats happening, I WATCHED MYSELF BE PUT BACK INTO DEFAULT SERVERS.

AKA profile problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong... But I'm almost positive there is 2 options for inverted y-axis: 1 for on foot and 1 for in Vehicle. So look over the settings again; it should be there.

Nope, doesn't exist. I checked many times.

Previous games I think had it, this one does not.

I think this is also another error,

My achievement for one mission doesn't register

When I first started playing the campaign, I would save and quit and then when I resumed campaign it would go right to my checkpoint. Then during mission 6, I got mad and turned off the console without saving. The next time I went to the campaign, it took me to the mission select screen and gave me the waypoint or whatnot for mission 4 (my previous save point). I started and I was back in mission 4, then I went to the menu and back into the campaign again and realized I could select different missions.

Anyway, I finished mission 6, and then the game, but afterwards realized I didn't actually get a complete for mission 6, and no achievement, and no end of campaign achievements and the cutscene for non-legendary play (I played through on legendary solo).

So now, presumably I need to replay mission 6. I played the last third/spire yesterday, didn't do it. So I played the first two thirds, and still didn't do it. So I'll finish the last third again and hopefully it'll register but I dunno what.

Hello Community and Servers,

I am having a problem that appears to be common. It says that I am unable to connect to Halo 4 servers so default settings are put in, this also makes it so I am unable to play with my friends in any sort of party mode. I would appreciate this being fixed as soon as possible because I bout this game to be able to play online with and against my friends.

I spent the entire day talking to xbox to have them try to help me with this and I spent over 3 hours on the phone with them doing everything from resetting my network to deleting and reinstalling the entire game (disc 1& 2). PLEASE help me fix this, I love this game and would love to be able to play it.

I feel that it could be an error on my settings somehow, or how the server reads my profile, my gamertag is Jordo2001.

Prompt assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

PS: if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear it, I've reset my ports, fixed my NAT,.....

I haven't had the problem where I lose rank. But my characters clothes keep resetting and so do my loadouts, so annoying when i log in to have a good game and I get my ass kicked because I haven't realized i'm missing all my specializations and proper loadout. Also getting terrible rubber banding, sling shotting, lags and always get stuck changing hosts. Put up dedicated servers and half of these problems will be gone, millions of people buy xbox consoles, we buy your games, we are forced to by your accessories because you make your own plugs, we buy microsoft points for dlc and on top of it all we have to pay you to play on servers that are run off our own and other peoples consoles, I'd rather play BF3, atleast they have dedicated servers that run awesome and don't cost us to play on.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/18157-halo-4-multiplayer-does-not-work-for-me-at-my-wits-end/#entry184058

One of the most annoying bugs. Right before a match starts a get sent back to main menu. Since last week I've only have like 13 matches, and only have been able to play on 3-4 maps and 2 modes. I've tried installing and uninstalling Halo 4 on my HDD but it doesn't seem to be a issue with my hard drive or internet. My NAT is open. It's a really fun game, but i can't play online as much as I want. I get the same issues in forge mode, and spartan ops.

Anyone still having the issue of being locked on the backup server at SR-1 go here https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1765563_Issues-being-investigated.aspx#post1765563

And post your

Console Serial

Console ID

Service Date

Product ID

Fixed mine in less than 10 mins not sure how fast they,ll get to yours but I figure any info helps and its a confirmed fix.

I'm having an audio issue, the only thing i can hear is the sound of effects of explosions, gunfire, and reloading. The audio for any vocal activity stopped so theres no voice saying "Slayer", "Double Kill" etc. I've reset all my settings even though I hadnt touched them in the first place someone please help

Same problem as me apparently. I didn't even know a voice was supposed to be saying those things. Do you have the same problem hearing dialogue in Spartan Ops and the Campaign now?

Also don't expect an answer. Ever. Our problem is apparently so unimportant that they can't even tell us whether we need to get a new disc or not.

Same here. It has been now a whole week and I have completed all of the other game modes.I cant connect to server and it appears that i have been moved to a back up server. Ive reset everything, never turned my xbox on a whole day and cant even play spartan ops. MATCHMAKING IS WHY I PLAY HALO! It is more than frustrating to see all my friends play when i cant connect to them nor play with them. This needs to be fix becasue im about ready to say to hell with it and move on. Very disapointed!

A UPDATE IS VERY VERY NEEDED!

Long time halo fan and at first, i would say 343 did right. Now, since serval people are having these same issues and no fix in sight, i can now say that they messed up big time.

Gamertag: ithinkthings

Please fix!

So I am in the same boat. I have had the "Server Unavailble" saying for about a week. I have completed everything else and why I play Halo is the match making. I cant connect to any of my friends games nor can they join mine. No spartan ops period. VERY VERY upset. This needs to be fixed asap! I am watching all my friends fly past me on rank while i sit and play laggy slayer games with only 500 people. FIX THIS!!

Gamertag: ithinkthings

i am getting sent back to the start screen on all multiplayer games, get matched in a game the load screen comes up and boom back to main menu! $100 spent for nothing. dont even need the map packs now wont be able to play them anyway. ive tried everything and nothing will fix it, it seems like every time i re-install i get booted more often so until i get a definite answer that awesome looking white case wont move from the rack.

I haven't read the entire topic, so forgive me if anything has already been said. Here are my gripes (nothing whiny):

-Host quitting, therefore we get to see a black screen from 10 seconds to five minutes (I have a good connection <50ms ping).

-Entering games in progress too often.

-My loadouts have been completely erased twice. I'm SR42.

-There's input lag if I don't put my LEDTV in game mode. Halo 4 and Reach are the only two 360 games I have that I need to put my TV into game mode for.

-PLEASE MAKE RAGNAROK LESS COMMON IN BTB!! Too many kids abusing it. Tiresome map.

• Like 1

Mine is a minor problem compared to many, but it's really annoying considering my game is apparently bugged out. I purchased the limited edition version at Walmart on release night, played for a while and decided to customize my spartan to try some war games. Problem is, all my colors are wrong. Everything is brown, green, white or blue. Colors like "Brick" and "Maroon" are dark brown to green. I played recently with a friend, and his colors are drastically different. I'm pretty sure it's only on my end, but it's still a pain to have paid for something like this and gotten a screwed up product. Any help would be appreciated. Pic of the customization screen is below. That color is obviously not brick. You can also see the secondary color at the bottom saying "Rose" and being white for some reason.

photo.jpg

I'll post this here as well, since I've still had no response to this whatsoever in the 'Issues being investigated' thread on the Waypoint forums:

A friend of mine (doesn't use a PC or forums), seems to be having major issues with Halo 4 career stats updating online. His Halo 4 career on the Waypoint site is clearly showing the number of Spartan Ops games he has played, and in his Spartan Hub in-game he is on SR-8, has a custom loadout, custom armor and emblem. However, his XP is not registering at all (still on 0XP) and he is still shown in default armour in-game and is given no choice of loadout on game start.

Naturally, having only just got the game, finished the campaign and started Spartan Ops, he's not very pleased.

Can this be looked into and fixed please?

His Xbox Live Gamertag is: Wolfguard Elite

---

The fact that this sort of thing is happening at all is bad enough. However, the complete lack of a prompt and satisfactory response on the matter is simply making things far worse than they need to be.

It's worth 343i bearing in mind that fixing a server issue, however bad it is, pales into insignificance compared to 'fixing' your customers perceptions of you.

Quite frankly, I think it's about time someone at 343i manned up and took responsibility for sorting out these ongoing server issues and the synchronization issues they cause once and for all. Patience is not infinite.

Thank you for your time...

Getting the server's unavailable problem aswell. Cant play spartan ops and half of war games modes are missing... Honestly? how is this still an issue. Paid £40 for this and cant even play the game!?

I know its been a short time since release and this will prob be fixed, but we who are playing now are the ones that paid full price and even bought limited editions etc. How come we are the ones to get the crappier service/enjoyment out of the game than the ones who will buy later at lesser price/second hand.

Really starting to regret buying this in the first weeks..

Gamertag: dracovenator89

We are currently having server issues as well. Though now instead of it affecting us both like it would normally it has hit me more so than my fiancée. We play on the same console and he will have no issues and then we go to play a game and it says I am SR-1 and all the defaults are back except my loadouts those have so far stayed the same. He can earn commendations and challenges but I can not when that happens.