Archangel Tyrael

• 4 weeks later...

The new soundtrack was interesting to say the least but didn't match or even convey parts of the original soundtracks. it was well uniformed to the game itself but not the distinct halo feel. i miss marty's depressing music and heart dropping violin sounds. Basically, the only song that was really pumped up in the original soundtrack was the variations of the original "halo" song's halo 3 warthog chase music. other than that all the songs were mysterious and eerie. The older songs formed a cohesive similarity while the new songs don't relate at all, except "revival" and "nemesis". The newer songs seem to tease more than they give. A good example of this is 1/3 of arrival near the beggining with constant repetition. The original halo songs were beasicly descendants of each other. this is something we are yet to notice with davidges music. (we havent heard the next soundtrack). I have been informed and i have known this for quite a while is that halo 5 will be darker than the rest of the halo games. maybe this will mean a return of the eerie and mysterious music, idk. All i am sure of is that 343 wants to take this game in their own direction even meaning changing their soundtrack to do it. yes, i would like a return of the original halo's basic elements but i just dont see it happening. We cant do anything about what 343 does and we should just accept that the game will go in whatever direction they decide to take it in, ultimately leading to failure or success.