These challenges are terrible.

Master Marix

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should challenges be harder but with way bigger payouts?

• Yes! give us harder challenges and more credits for completing them.
    • No, keep the easy challenges and dont give us barely any credits.

If someone already posted a thread like this im sorry. But this is my opinion about them not someone else's. I thought that the challenges would be a great way to help seed up ranking. Which they did, (when I was a warrent officer) but no almost everyone is a high rank. And these Challenges, are a complete waste of time. Their payout is terrible, they are to easy because of that and the weekly challenges arent worth the time. First of I would like to talk about which challenges need to go. Assist challenges are the most important one I want to see gone. they are basicly asking to waste your ammo and most likely your life so someone else can steal your kill, and for what? a little more that 1000 cr (a minnor payment for doing a task (you get more for just completing the game). Others that need to go Revenge challenges. Its nice to get a revenge when it happens but asking us to let an enemy kill me just so I can kill him without killing anyone else is rediculus and once again a low payout. Now things I want to see changed are we need challengeing challenges. Ones that require skill, but are fast to get for thoes who have that required skill, with these challenges give us higer payouts (like 5,000 just for a daily) Then give us challenging weely ones but could be beaten in a day if someone wanted to. And by this I dont mean playing 100 games in matchmaking. Or complete 150 waves of firefight matchmaking. Give us something that is hard but isnt repetive like that, and give us massive payouts +20K credits. This will make ranking up go faster and armory completion much less of a hastle. What Im saying, if the challenges dont get better, I would encourage anyone not to waste your time with these meaningless challenges. Let me know what you think about this.

I think it's funny how last week's weekly challenge was to complete... what was it? 50 Matchmaking games or something? For 7777 credits, and this week's weekly challenge is to complete 150 rounds of Firefight for 12,000 credits.

Who made up the values for these challenges, I wonder.

I think the daily challenges should be called 'daily treats'. Because the idea behind a treat is that you know you're going to get a cookie if you do what you're told... so why not, right?

Challenges are supposed to challenge you and you feel satisfied with completing them, often awarded with a Gamer score on Xbox Live (and your gamer score doesn't buy anything, so yeah).

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see the recent increase in cR for the dailies and the weekly. Thank you 343! I'm reaching toward Eclipse (<500,000 to go!), and I enjoy doing the challenges. I would like to see the challenge payouts graduated based on rank. I'm not sure a warrant officer should be able to rank up by doing one weekly.

I'd love to see General and above get one payout, while everything below General got a different payout. Thoughts?