Possible Didact in the Scanned Trailer?

Tallgeese

I would say it is The Didact, but I don't what type of armor he is wearing, been a long time since I read all the books and it might of said something about his armor but i'm not sure, but look how he is much taller than the chief, around 9 to 10 feet I presume

I would say it is The Didact, but I don't what type of armor he is wearing, been a long time since I read all the books and it might of said something about his armor but i'm not sure, but look how he is much taller than the chief, around 9 to 10 feet I presume

Well his armor has the orange glow of the Promethean armor but he looks more Human/bipedal...two arms, two legs, and a head...looks pretty Didacty to me lol

I swear in my mothers life that is the Didact. Notice his armor has the same lights on it as the prometheans, and as someone else pointed out in another thread, look at how big he appears on chiefs motion sensor. My first reaction to him was http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg

• Like 1

I was getting a Ur-Didact/Faber feel from the figure.

I say Ur-Didact because I'm not sure how extensive the brevet mutation on Bornstellar was. I remember in the 2nd Forerunner trilogy book that Bornstellar mentions that Bornstellar only lives on through his dreams. But the way the character was portrayed is what gives me the Ur-Didact feel from the trailer, as the portrayal of the Bornstellar Didact did not match that of the Ur-Didact's portrayal. But I guess that's in no small part due to the Librarian's influence on Bornstellar, sort of a new Didact, a better Didact sort of thing.

As for the Faber (The Master Builder) feel...figure was menacing, his size and form shows power and dominance, and the fact that the figure did not speak in the trailer suggests that the silence shows that the figure is beyond our comprehension, as much as we will try, we'll never begin to understand what and who the figure is. (Much like the connection of Protheans to the primitive races in the Mass Effect universe).

The stare off between the Chief and the figure reminded me of the court session in Cryptum, where Bornstellar and Faber look at each other in silence.

But I'm probably trying to look into it to much, and I've probably rambled so I do apologize :P

• Like 2

I say Ur-Didact because I'm not sure how extensive the brevet mutation on Bornstellar was. I remember in the 2nd Forerunner trilogy book that Bornstellar mentions that Bornstellar only lives on through his dreams. But the way the character was portrayed is what gives me the Ur-Didact feel from the trailer, as the portrayal of the Bornstellar Didact did not match that of the Ur-Didact's portrayal. But I guess that's in no small part due to the Librarian's influence on Bornstellar, sort of a new Didact, a better Didact sort of thing.

As for the Faber (The Master Builder) feel...figure was menacing, his size and form shows power and dominance, and the fact that the figure did not speak in the trailer suggests that the silence shows that the figure is beyond our comprehension, as much as we will try, we'll never begin to understand what and who the figure is. (Much like the connection of Protheans to the primitive races in the Mass Effect universe).

The stare off between the Chief and the figure reminded me of the court session in Cryptum, where Bornstellar and Faber look at each other in silence.

But I'm probably trying to look into it to much, and I've probably rambled so I do apologize :P

Some of us appreciate your ramblings :)

Its the Ur-Didact because his armor shares similarities with the prometheans because the lights that appear on both of them

I know in other threads people have been talking about the master builder being the antagonist in the series. It could still be him still, remember all forerunners wore armor, or some kind of suit. It's what kept them alive for so long and allowed them to not need sleep or eat. I would assume that that the master builder who was the highest of rank in the forerunner guild system would have some pretty bad ass armor.

I know in other threads people have been talking about the master builder being the antagonist in the series. It could still be him still, remember all forerunners wore armor, or some kind of suit. It's what kept them alive for so long and allowed them to not need sleep or eat. I would assume that that the master builder who was the highest of rank in the forerunner guild system would have some pretty bad ass armor.

look at my first post. It's the Didact! Do you want my mom to die?! It's the Didact because he controls the prometheans

look at my first post. It's the Didact! Do you want my mom to die?! It's the Didact because he controls the prometheans

In no way do I want a mother getting caught up between chief and his enemies. As far as controlling the prometheans, maybe that's where you see the split between orange and blue promes. Those that fallow the didactic are blue and the master builder are orange. Just playing devils advocate

• Like 1

I didn't want to ruin it for the people who haven't read it, but yes. The Thursday war confirms the Didact is on requiem and the Storm wants to go wake him up to destroy humanity

Lol didnt want to ruin it for tohers...but...tells anyways lol

I read it too so that didnt bother me, but yeah some others may not like that lol